SBI PO Notification 2020 – 2000 + Vacancies Released Soon on the Official Website. Applications are invited from eligible Indian Citizens for appointment as Probationary Officers (POs) in State Bank of India. Candidates selected are liable to be posted anywhere in India. Before applying, candidates are requested to ensure that they fulfil the eligibility criteria for the post as on the date of eligibility. The process of Registration is complete only when the fee is deposited with the Bank through Online mode on or before the last date for payment of fee. Eligible candidates, who aspire to join State Bank of India as a Probationary Officer, are required to register on-line for the Recruitment Process. The recruitment process will be held in three phases i.e. Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Group Exercise & Interview. Candidates who are shortlisted after Preliminary Examination will have to appear for Main Examination. Candidates who are shortlisted after the Main Examination will be subsequently called for Group Exercises & Interview. We have updated the SBI PO Notification 2020 from our website.
SBI PO Notification 2020
|Name of the Board||State Bank of India|
|Post Name||Probationary Officers|
|Apply Date||Update Soon|
Vacancies detailed above are provisional and may vary according to Bank’s requirements.
- Vacancies reserved for the OBC category are available only to the ‘Non-creamy layer’ OBC candidates. ‘Creamy layer’ OBC candidates should indicate their category as ‘General’.
- Vacancies for PWD category candidates are reserved horizontally.
- PWD categories under clauses ‘d’ & ‘e’ of Section 34(i) of RPWD Act 2016
- “Specific Learning Disability” (SLD);
- “Mental Illness” (MI);
- “Multiple Disabilities” (multiple disabilities amongst LD, VI, HI, SLD & MI).
- Reservation for Economically Weaker Section (EWS) in recruitment is governed by Office Memorandum no. 36039/1/2019-Estt (Res) dated 31.01.2019 of Department of Pers
Not below 21 years and not above 30 years as on 01.04.2019 i.e. candidates must have been born not later than 01.04.1998 and not earlier than 02.04.1989.
Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government. Those who are in the Final Year/ Semester of their Graduation may also apply provisionally subject to the condition that, if called for interview. Candidates possessing qualification of Chartered Accountant may also apply.
Presently, the starting basic pay is 27,620/- (with 4 advance increments) in the scale of 23700-980/7-30560-1145/2-32850-1310/7-42020 applicable to Junior Management Grade Scale-I. The official will also be eligible for D.A, H.R.A/ Lease rental, C.C.A, Medical, and other allowances & perquisites as per rules in force from time to time. The total compensation per annum on the CTC basis be a minimum of 8.20 lacs and a maximum of 13.08 lacs depending on the place of posting and other factors.
SBI may offer, subject to necessary approvals, a SMART Compensation Package which would enable candidates a choice to monetize specific elements of the salary package.
Phase-I: Preliminary Examination: Preliminary Examination consisting of Objective Test for 100 marks will be conducted online. The test will have of 3 Sections (with separate timings for each section) as follows:
|SL||Name of Test||No of Question||Marks||Duration|
Total Maximum Marks 100
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||35||20 Minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||20 Minutes|
Selection criteria for Main Examination: Category wise merit list will be drawn on the basis of the aggregate marks scored in the Preliminary Exam. There will be no sectional cut-off. Candidates numbering 10 times the numbers of vacancies (approx.) in each category will be short listed for Main Examination from the top of above merit list.
Phase-II: Main Examination: Main Examination will consist of Objective Tests for 200 marks and Descriptive Test for 50 marks. Both the Objective and Descriptive Tests will be online. Candidates will have to answer the Descriptive Test by typing on the computer. The Descriptive Test will be administered immediately after completion of the Objective Test.
- Objective Test: The objective test of 3 hours duration consists of 4 Sections for total 200 marks. The objective test will have separate timing for every section.
|SL||Name of Test||No of Question||Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 Minutes|
|2||Data Analysis & Interpretation||34||60||45 Minutes|
|3||General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35 Minutes|
|4||English Language||35||40||40 Minutes|
- Descriptive Test: The Descriptive Test of 30 minutes duration with two questions for 50 marks will be a Test of English Language (Letter Writing & Essay).
- Selection criteria for Group Exercise and Interview: Category wise merit list will be drawn based on the aggregate marks scored in the Main Examination. There will be no sectional cut-off. Candidates numbering up to 3 times (approx.) of the category wise vacancies will be shortlisted for the Group Exercise & Interview from the top of the category wise merit list subject to a candidate scoring the minimum aggregate qualifying score.
- Penalty for Wrong Answers (Applicable to both – Preliminary and Main Exam): There will be the penalty for wrong answers marked in Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, 1/4th of marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score. If a question is left blank, i.e. if no answer is marked by candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
Phase-III: Group Exercises (20 marks) & Interview (30 marks) Candidates qualifying for GE & Interview under ‘OBC’ category would be required to submit OBC certificate containing the ‘Non Creamy layer’ clause. Candidates who have registered themselves as OBC but do not submit OBC ‘Non Creamy layer’ certificate and request to be interviewed under General category will not be entertained.
The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination (Phase-I) will not be added for preparing the final merit list for selection. Only the marks obtained in Main Examination (Phase-II), both in the Objective Test and the Descriptive Test, will be added to the marks obtained in GE & Interview (Phase-III) for preparing the final merit list. The candidates will have to qualify both in Phase-II and Phase-III separately.
Marks secured by the candidates in the Main Examination (out of 250 marks) are converted to out of 75 marks and Group Exercises & Interview scores of candidate (out of 50 marks) are converted to out of 25 marks. The final merit list is arrived at after aggregating (out of 100) converted marks of Main Examination and Group Exercises & Interview. Selection will be made from the top merit ranked candidates in each category.
Results of the candidates who qualify for Main Examination and Group Exercise & Interview as well as the final select list will be made available on the Bank’s website.
Download of Call Letters:
The candidates should download their call letter (Pre-exam Training/ Preliminary Exam/ Main Exam/ GE & Interview) and an “acquaint yourself “booklet, by entering their registration number and password/ date of birth from the Bank’s website.
Proof of Identity to be submitted at the Time of Examination:
The candidates must bring one photo identity proof such as passport/ Aadhar/ PAN Card/ Driving License/ Voter’s Id Card/ Bank Passbook with duly attested Photograph/ Identity Card issued by School or College/ Gazetted Officer in the official letterhead in original as well as a self-attested Photocopy thereof. The photocopy of Identity proof should be submitted along with call letter to the invigilators in the examination hall, failing which, (or if identity of candidates is in doubt) the candidate will not be permitted to appear for the test.
- The examinations will be conducted online at venues across many centres in India. A tentative list of centres for Preliminary Examination is attached as Annexure I.
- . No request for change of Examination Centre shall be entertained.
- SBI reserves the right to cancel any of the Examination Centres and/ or add some other Centres, at its discretion, depending upon the response, administrative feasibility, etc.
- SBI also reserves the right to allot any centre to the candidate other than the one he/ she had opted for.
- Candidate will appear for the examination at an Examination Centre at his/ her/ their own risk and expenses and SBI will not be responsible for any injury or losses etc. of any nature.
- Any unruly behaviour/ misbehaviour in the examination hall may result in cancellation of candidature/ disqualification from future exams conducted by SBI.
- The centres for the Main Examination will be limited.
How to Apply:
Candidates can apply online only from 02.04.2019 to 22.04.2019. No other mode of application will be accepted.
Pre-requisites for Applying Online: Candidates should have valid email ID and mobile no. which should be kept active till the declaration of results. It will be essentially required for receiving any communication/ call letters/ advices from the bank by email/ SMS.
GUIDELINES FOR FILLING ONLINE APPLICATION: Candidates will be required to register themselves online through Bank’s website https://bank.sbi/careers or https://www.sbi.co.in/careers . After registration candidates are required to pay the requisite application fee through online mode by using debit card/ credit card/ Internet Banking.
Helpdesk: In case of any problem in filling up the form, payment of fee/ intimation charges or receipt of Admission/ call letter, queries may be made at telephone no. 022-22820427 (between 11:00 AM to 06:00 PM on working days) or lodge their query on http://cgrs.ibps.in . Candidates should mention ‘RECRUITMENT OF PROBATIONARY OFFICERS IN STATE BANK OF INDIA-2019’ in the subject of the email.
Registration & Payment of Fees [Online Mode Only]:
- First scan the photograph and signature as detailed under guidelines for scanning the photograph and signature.
- Visit Bank’s website https://bank.sbi/careers or https://www.sbi.co.in/careers and open the Online Application Form, available under ‘Current Openings’.
- Fill the application carefully. Once the application is filled completely, candidates should submit the data. In the event of candidates not being able to fill the data in one go, they can save the data already entered. When the data is saved, a provisional registration number and password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidates should note down the registration number and password. They can re-open the saved data using registration number and password and edit the particulars, if needed. This facility will be available three times only. Once the application is filled completely, candidates should submit the data. No change /edit will be allowed thereafter. The registration at this stage is provisional.
- After ensuring the correctness of the particulars of the application form, candidate should pay fees through the payment gateway integrated with the application, by following the instructions available on the screen.
- The payment can be made by using debit card/ credit card/ Internet Banking by providing information as asked on the screen. Transaction charges for online payment, if any, will be borne by the candidates.
- On successful completion of the transaction, e-receipt and application form will be generated; which may be printed for record. The printout of the application form is NOT to be sent to the Bank
- If the online transaction is not successfully completed, please register again and make payment online.
- There is also a provision to reprint the e-Receipt and Application form containing fee details, at later stage.
Guidelines for Scanning the Photograph & Signature:
Before applying online a candidate will be required to have a scanned (digital) image of his/ her/ their photograph and signature as per the specifications given in Annexure-II. Online application will not be registered unless candidates upload photo and signature as specified.
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|