April 28 – World Day for Safety and Health at Work
2018 Theme – “Occupational Safety Health (OSH) vulnerability of young workers”.
International Dance Day – April 29, 2018
- The Dalmia Bharat Limited has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Union Tourism Ministry to take up Red Fort in Delhi and Gandikota Fort in Andhra Pradesh under the ‘Adopt a Heritage’ project.
- The 2nd edition of endangered Shirui Lily Festival 2018 has recently concluded at Ukhrul district in Manipur on April 28, 2018.
- On April 29, Pawan Chamling has created history by becoming the longest serving chief minister in India surpassed the record of former communist ruler of West Bengal, Late Jyoti Basu.
- On 29thApril 2018, Nirmal Singh resigned as Deputy Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir and Kavinder Gupta (Gandhinagar MLA) took oath as the Deputy Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir.
- President of India addresses ‘Asangathit Shramik Sammelan’ in Guna, Madhya Pradesh creating a ‘Social Security Code’ for workers in the unorganised sector.
- An India-Nepal Inter Government Committee (IGC) on Trade, Transit and Cooperation to Control Unauthorised Trade, led by Commerce Secretaries of the two Governments, is functioning under the India-Nepal Treaty of Trade and India-Nepal Treaty of Transit.
- The multi-nation counter-terrorism exercise “Peace Mission” will be held at the Ural mountains of Russia in September 2018, which will take place under the framework of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO).
- Lynn Laverty Elsenhans 60, is the former head of US oil company Sunoco Inc. had been appointed to Saudi national oil giant Aramco board of directors, the first woman in the firm’s history.
- IIT Madras team using a novel approach for the first time been able to use laser-assisted paper spray ionisation mass spectrometry to analyse various saturated and unsaturated hydrocarbons directly from solutions (found paraffin oil contamination was as high as 10%)
- On 28thApril 2018, India’s CA Bhavani Devi won a silver medal in the sabre event of the Tournoi World Cup Satellite Fencing Championship in Reykjavik, Iceland.
- Sumit Sangwan (91kg), Himanshu Sharma (49kg) and Nikhat Zareen (51kg) were among the three gold-medallists in India’s stupendous campaign at the 56th Belgrade International Boxing Tournament in Serbia.
- Prajnesh Gunneswaran on Sunday clinched his first ever singles title on the ATP(The Association of Tennis Professionals) Challenger circuit when he downed Egypt’s Mohammed Safwat in the final of the Kunming Open in Anning.