UPSC CMS Notification 2020 Released Soon. The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will conduct the UPSC CMS 2020 exam in order to recruit the candidates for the post of medical officers in various departments of central government. The application form for UPSC CMS 2020 exam will be released on 8th April 2020 and the mode of application will be online. In the first round of the selection process, a computer-based exam will be organized those who clear the computer-based test will be called for a personality test. The aspiring candidates need to fill and submit the application form before the last date. In this article, we discuss complete details regarding the UPSC CMS 2020 exam including exam pattern, eligibility criteria, application form etc.
UPSC CMS Notification 2020 Details
|Name of the Board||Union Public Service Commission|
|Post Name||Various in Health|
|Exam Name||CMS 2020|
|Notification PDF||To be Published on 08.04.2020|
|Status||Notification Released Soon|
UPSC CMS 2020:
UPSC schedules CMS (Combined Medical Services Exam). It is one of the top-level competitive examinations in India. The eligible candidates will get recruited in medical services and various posts under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India after qualifying this examination. UPSC CMS Application process is going to start on 8th April 2020. There will be 2 stages I & II in the application process. In part I the candidates have to register themselves and enter their basic details such as personal, educational & address contact details. After the successful completion of Part I the candidates can move forward for part II. In part II, the candidates will have to select the examination center, payment of application fee, uploading of scanned images. The candidates will be provided with Registration ID through SMS or E-Mail.
What is UPSC CMS exam?
CMS exam is the short name for the Combined Medical Services Exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). The CMS exam is conducted each year to recruit the candidates for the following positions:
- Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in the Railways
- Assistant Medical Officer in Indian Ordnance Factories Health Services
- Junior Scale Posts in Central Health Services
- General Duty Medical Officer in New Delhi Municipal Council
- General Duty Medical Grade-II in East Delhi Municipal Corporation, North Delhi Municipal Corporation and South Delhi Municipal Corporation.
UPSC CMS Vacancy 2020:
|Post Name||Vacancy Details|
|Junior Scale Posts in CHS Central Health Services||
|Assistant Division Medical Officer ADMO in Railway|
|Assistant Medical Officer AMO in IOF, Health Services|
|General Duty Medical Officer GDMO in New Delhi Municipal Council|
|General Duty Medical Officer GDMO Grade II in NDMS or EDMC or SDMC|
UPSC CMS Age Limit 2020:
The age limit set for the candidate appearing in the CMS examination 2020 will be 32 years as on 1-1 of the year of the admission.
UPSC CMS Educational Qualification 2020:
For admission to the examination a candidate should have passed the written and practical parts of the final M.B.B.S. Examination.
NOTE-1: A candidate who has appeared or has yet to appear at the final M.B.B.S. Examination may also apply. Such candidates will be admitted to the examination if otherwise eligible but the admission would be deemed to be provisional and subject to cancellation, if they do not produce proof of having passed the written and practical part of the final M.B.B.S. Examination along with the detailed application which will be required to be submitted to the Commission by the candidates who qualify on the result of the Computer based examination. Such proof of passing the requisite examination should be dated earlier than the due date (closing date) of Detailed Application Form of the Combined Medical Services Examination, 2019.
Note-2: A candidate who has yet to complete the compulsory rotating internship is educationally eligible for admission to the examination but on selection he/she will be appointed only after he/she has completed the compulsory rotating internship.
UPSC CMS Nationality 2020:
- The candidate must be a citizen of India, a subject of Bhutan or a subject of Nepal.
- The Tibetan refugees coming to India before 1st January 1962 with an intention to permanently settle here can also apply.
- An Indian origin person migrated to India from any of following countries with an intention to permanently setting here can also apply: Zambia, Burma, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Vietnam, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, Zaire, Zambia, Ethiopia or the United Republic of Tanzania
UPSC CMS Application Fees 2020:
The UPSC CMS 2020 application fee for different categories will be as follows:
- Male candidates from general or OBC categories: 200/-
- Female/ ST/ SC/ PH candidates: Nil (Exempted)
Mode of Payment:
- The candidates can pay the application fee in online mode by using a Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit Card or internet banking.
- The applicants can also opt for Pay by cash option. In this mode, the candidates have to pay the application fee by cash at any branch of SBI.
How to prepare for UPSC CMS 2020?
It is expected that a large number of candidates will apply for UPSC CMS 2020 exam and competition level is going to be very high. Here are some tips that can help the candidates in order to prepare for the exam.
- First of all, you should go through the exam pattern and syllabus for the UPSC CMS. This will help you plan your studies in a better way.
- Collect the study material as per the syllabus. You should always choose high-quality books from renowned writers.
- Plan your studies in a smart way. You should create a practical timetable and study accordingly.
- Go through some previous year questions and mock test so that you can analyze your mistakes.
- Don’t forget to take small breaks during your studies.
Exam Pattern UPSC CMS 2020:
Admission to UPSC CMS is done by qualifying 2 stage procedures. The pattern for both is given below. Candidates can check the same from below:
Stage of the exam contains 2 papers and the pattern for both is given below:
Mode: The exam is a CBT exam
Language: Language of the paper is English.
Duration: Total duration of the exam is 2 hours
Types of questions: Paper is an objective type paper.
Max. marks: Both papers are 250 marks each.
Stage 2: Personality Interview
The total marks for the interview are 100 marks. In this, a candidate is basically tested upon the general knowledge and academic knowledge of their interested field. This test also assesses the candidate’s intellectual curiosity, critical powers of assimilation, and the balance of judgment and alertness of mind, the ability for social cohesion, integrity of character, initiative and capability for leadership.
Syllabus UPSC CMS 2020:
Syllabus of Paper 1
General Medicine: Respiratory diseases, Cardiology, Genito-Urinary, Gastro-intestinal, Metabolic disorders, Endocrinology, Hematology, Neurology, Vitamin deficiency diseases, Vaccines preventable diseases and Non vaccines preventable diseases, Pathos physiological basis of diseases, Emphasis on medical procedures, Critical Care Medicine etc.
Pediatrics: National programmes related to child health, Recognizing children with special needs and management, Common childhood emergencies, Normal developmental milestones, Basic new born care, Birth defects and counseling including autism, Accidents and poisonings in children, Immunization in children etc.
Syllabus of Paper 2
General Surgery: Wounds, Head and neck, Cysts/sinuses, Blood vessels, Peritoneum, Breast, Infections, Abdominal wall, Spleen, Liver, Bile, Pancreas, Alimentary tract, Cysts/sinuses, Thoracic surgery, Ophthalmology, Medico legal and ethical issues of surgery etc.
Gynecology & Obstetrics: Post-natal conditions, Intra-natal conditions, Ante-natal conditions, Intra Uterine growth retardation, Abortions, Conventional contraceptives, Medical Termination of Pregnancy, U.D. and oral pills etc.
Preventive Social and Community Medicine: Management of common health problems, Knowledge of maternal and child wellness, Ability to monitor national health programmes, Concept of Health, Disease and Preventive Medicine, Environmental Health, Genetics and Health etc.
UPSC CMS Admit Card 2020:
Intimation of UPSC CMS Admit Card 2020 is done through Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) on the website. The candidates can download the e-admit card from upsc.gov.in. Combined Medical Services (CMS) admit card in two ways. One through registration id and other through roll number of the candidate. There is no provision for the admit card to be sent through post to the candidates. All applicants only have to avail it through online mode. They have the bring the hard copy of the same along with one identity proof on the day of the exam.
UPSC CMS Answer Key 2020:
The Commission publishes the official answer key for UPSC CMS 2020 as per the announcement. Candidates can avail the answer key from its official website which is upsc.gov.in. Answer key published at first is provisional and is open for objections and challenges. The commission then considers all the objections raised by the candidates. After this a panel of experts, if find them correct then relevant changes are done in the answer key and publishes the final key. This provisional answer key is not open to further changes.
UPSC CMS Result 2020:
Union Public Service Commission releases the result on the website. It will get published according to the date mentioned in the official notification. Candidates wondering about result can check the same on upsc.gov.in. Result of UPSC CMS is declared in a pdf format. It contains the roll number of the qualified candidate’s serial wise. The commission releases the result for every stage separately; both for stage 1 and stage 2. The final result of stage 2 implies the admission of the candidate after the verification of the documents.
How to Apply UPSC CMS 2020:
- Candidates are required to apply online by using the website https://upsconline.nic.in Brief instructions for filling up the Online Application Form have been given in the Appendix-II (A). Detailed instructions are available on the above mentioned website.
- The Commission has introduced the facility of withdrawal of application for those candidates who do not want to appear for the Examination. In this regard, Instructions are mentioned in Appendix-II (B) of this Examination Notice.
- Candidate should have details of one Photo ID Card viz. Aadhaar Card/Voter Card/PAN Card/Passport/Driving Licence/Any other Photo ID Card issued by the State/Central Government. The details of this Photo ID Card will have to be provided by the candidate while filling up the online application form. The candidates will have to upload a scanned copy of the Photo ID whose details have been provided in the online application by him/her. This Photo ID Card will be used for all future referencing and the candidate is advised to carry this Photo ID Card while appearing for Examination/Personality Test.
- Last date for Submission and Withdrawal of Applications:
- (i) The online Applications can be filled upto 06th May, 2019 till 6.00 P.M. (ii) The online Applications can be withdrawn from 13.05.2019 to 20.05.2019 till 6.00 PM. Detailed instructions regarding withdrawal of Applications is available at Appendix-II (B).
Read More : Latest Bank Jobs 2020
Read More : Latest Defence Jobs 2020
Read More : Latest Government Jobs 2020
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|