Science and Technology – July 2018
In this we have given, July Month Science and Technology and other important events held on that day. This is very important for all Competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, RRB, and all PSC Examinations.
Science and Technology – July 2018:
Century’s longest lunar eclipse on July 27
- The longest total lunar eclipse of this century would be visible from all parts of the country on July 27.
- The celestial body would also be tinged with a reddish hue, a phenomenon popularly referred to as a blood moon.
Pigment in Goa mushroom may help fight cancer
- The mycological laboratory of the Department of Botany, Goa University reported the discovery of a new pigment from local wild mushrooms.
- New suphur-rich melanin bio-pigment of immense bio-industrial, biomedical (anti-cancer, anti-tumour) and biotechnological potential from local Roen alamis (wild variety of Goan mushrooms that grows on termite hills) or Termitomyces species.
Scientists discover the world’s oldest colours
- Scientists have discovered the oldest colours in the geological record 1.1 billion-year-old bright pink pigments extracted from rocks deep beneath the Sahara desert in Africa.
IIT Bombay: Breakthrough in stem cell proliferation
- A major obstacle in using human mesenchymal stem cells (hMSCs) to treat a variety of diseases has been successfully overcome by a team of researchers at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay.
World’s fastest man-made spinning object developed
- Scientists have developed the fastest man-made rotor in the world, which they believe will help them study quantum mechanics. At more than 60 billion revolutions per minute, this machine is more than 100,000 times faster than a high-speed dental drill.
Rare blood group ‘P null’ phenotype Identified
A team of doctors, led by Shamee Shastry from the Blood Bank of Kasturba Medical College (KMC) Mangaluru, has identified a rare blood group called “pp” or “P null” phenotype.
Astronomers capture image of a planet’s birth
- Astronomers have captured the first confirmed image of a planet forming in the dust swirling around a young star. They said the planet appears as a bright spot in the snapshot taken using the European Southern Observatory’s Very Large Telescope in Chile.
NASA to launch probe into sun’s scorching atmosphere
- NASA is preparing to send the Parker Solar Probe, a robotic spacecraft the size of a small car closer to the sun, enduring wicked heat while zooming through the solar corona to study this outermost part of the stellar atmosphere that gives rise to the solar wind.
Underground lake detected on Mars
- Using a radar instrument on an orbiting spacecraft, scientists have spotted salt-laden lake under ice on the southern polar plain of Mars, a body of water they called a possible habitat for microbial life.
It is the first stable body of liquid water ever found on Mars.
App/ Web Portal/ Toll Free:
GST ‘Verify App’
- The Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) have developed a mobile app ‘GST Verify’ to protect interest of consumers.
- Ezi Drive, a leader in driver hire service in Bengaluru and Chennai, has now introduced app-based cab hire services in both the cities, with fixed charges.
- The Kerala State government will roll out a mobile app to enumerate transgender in the State.
- The Chittoor district police have devised a new strategy to tackle rowdy-sheeters by bringing them under the ambit of the unique Parivartana App.
- A mobile app, ‘Public Library: Finding community libraries was launched as a part of the first regional public library conference at the M.S. Swaminathan Research Foundation (MSSRF).
“Innovate India Platform”
- Atal Innovation Mission, NITI Aayog & MyGov launches “Innovate India Platform”. The #InnovateIndia portal will serve as the common point for all the innovation happening across the nation.
- Shri Dharmendra Pradhan, Union Minister for Petroleum & Natural Gas and Skill Development &Entrepreneurship launched India’s first in-phone guide and mobile application “Go whats That” in Chandigarh.
‘Ramayana Yatra’ Website
- The official website of the ‘Ramayana Yatra’ was launched to provide details of over 50 such sites in the island nation at the second day of the 106th edition of the ‘India International Travel Mart’ (IITM) in Bengaluru.
The Indian government has launched e-Aksharayan, desktop software for converting any scanned or printed Indian language documents into fully editable text.
தமிழில் படிக்க – PDF பதிவிறக்கம் செய்ய
For Daily Current Affairs Click Here
For Daily Current Affairs Oneliner Click Here