National Technology Day
- India conducted a second nuclear test on Buddhist Poornima on May 11, 1998. This day is celebrated annually on the 11th day of National Technology Day to commemorate this day.
- On May 11, 1998, India conducted three nuclear test in Pokhran, Rajasthan, and successfully conducting two nuclear test on May 13.
- India thus joined the list of world’s nuclear powers.
- Recognition was declared as National Technical Day of May 11.
- National Technology Day is celebrated on May 11 in order to recognize India’s achievements in the field of science and technology, to develop new technologies and to increase interest in science for future youth.
- Awards and prizes are awarded to highlighted industries and individuals in science and technology on this day.
World Migratory Bird Day
- The theme of World Migratory Bird Day 2019 is ‘Be the Solution to Plastic Pollution’. The Day is celebrated on second Saturday in May and October.
- Animal migration is a species of birds and animals that refer to the seasonal migration.
- All the animals and birds feel the temperature difference.
- Every year birds are traveled for a particular reason from their habitat.
- The birds that fly will realize the change in the Earth’s magnetic field and used to find their destination.
- Since 2006 the day has been adopted and celebrate to create awareness such as protecting birds living places and protecting the birds.
Suddhanandha Bharathiyar BirthDay
- He was born on May 11, 1897.
Birth Place: Sivagangai, Tamil Nadu.
- He was an Indian philosopher and poet.
- He regarded called as Kavi Yogi and Maharishi.
- He has composed many books for poems, Tamil songs, texts, stage plays.
- He translated the Thirukkural was the same style in English.
- At the World Tamil Conference in 1968, the booklet was published by Thirunelveli South Indian Saivasidhandha Corporation Edition.
- In 1984 the Raja Rajan Award was given to Bharatiyar by the Tamil University in Tanjore, effectively proffering the honor of Doctor of Literature.
- The Soviet Gitanjali received the Nehru Memorial Prize from the Soviet Union.
- The title Suddhananda (pure bliss) was given to him by his friend Jnana Siddha.
- The Sringeri Jagadguru gave him the name of Kavi Yogi Bharathiyar.
- Sivananda conferred on him the title of Maharishi (great visionary).
- Tamil Kanal
- Bharatha Keetham
- Sivananda Jyoti
- Kalvi kathir
- Kavik Kanavugal
- Idhu dhan ulagam
- Ivalum Avalum
- He died on March 7, 1990.