Important Events of April – 26
World Intellectual Property Day
- World Intellectual Property Day is observed annually on 26 April.
- The event was established by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) in 2000 to “raise awareness of how Patents , copyright, trademarks and designs impact on daily life” and “to celebrate creativity, and the contribution made by creators and innovators to the development of societies across the globe”.
- 26 April was chosen as the date for World Intellectual Property Day because it coincides with the date on which the Convention Establishing the World Intellectual Property Organization entered into force in 1970.
- Following a statement made at the Assembly of the Member States of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) in September 1998, the Director General of the National Algerian Institute for Industrial Property (INAPI) proposed on 7 April 1999 the institutionalisation of an international day for intellectual property, with the aim of “[setting up] a framework for broader mobilization and awareness, [opening up] access to the promotional aspect of innovation and [recognizing] the achievements of promoters of intellectual property throughout the world.”
- On 9 August 1999, the Chinese delegation to the WIPO proposed the adoption of the “World Intellectual Property Day”
Themes : 2019 – Reach for Gold: IP and Sports
Manonmaniyam P.Sundaram Pillai Memorial Day
- Manonmaniyam P.Sundaram Pillai was born on April 4, 1855.
- Indian scholar, noted for the famous Tamil drama Manonmaniyam.
- He had a number of titles like F.M.U., F.R.H, S.M.R.A.S, Rawpagadur.
- Sundaram Pillai’s wise teacher Kodaka Nallur Sundara Swamy.
- He was involved and Researched Thirukannasambandar Period inscriptions and published in 1894.
- Pathupattu Critique Written in English was published in the Chennai Christian College.
- The song “Niraarum Kadal Udutha” from Manonmaniyam was adapted as “Invocation to Goddess Tamil” and approved by the Government of Tamil Nadu as the official Tamil anthem in June 1970.
- Nurrokai viḷakkam -1888
- Manon maniyam(Drama, 1891)
- Some Early sovereigns of Travancore-1894
- He died on 26 April 1897, at age 42.
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|