Important Current Affairs October 1 – One liner
October 1 – International Day of Older Persons
- 2018 theme – ‘Celebrating Older Human Rights champions’
- PM Modi inaugurates LNG terminal and pipeline projects at Anjar, Gujarat
- PM Modi inaugurates modern food processing facilities in Anand, Gujarat
- Plastic ban implementation in Maharashtra to be stricter from October 1
- Shri Thaawarchand Gehlot, Union Minister flagged off a “Walkthon” for older persons and senior citizens in New Delhi.
- Centre to set up 5,000 Compressed Bio Gas plants
- Serena Williams releases “I Touch Myself” song to increase awareness about breast cancer
- Tropical Storm Rosa is nearing northwest Mexico.
- Canada agrees to join trade accord with US & Mexico
- Monsoon 2018 ends with 9% below normal rains
- Oil firms increaseATF prices by 7.25%
- RBI to inject Rs. 36,000 cr into system through purchase of government bonds
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu addressing the International Human Rights Conclave in its Silver Jubilee celebration in New Delhi.
- Health Minister J P Nadda inaugurated the First Swachhata Mela organised by All India Institute of Medical Sciences, in New Delhi.
- Susane Giti – First female major general of Bangladesh
- Shri Rajesh Agrawal – New Member (Rolling Stock), Railway Board
- India, Uzbekistan ink 17 MoUs in various fields
- AIIMS Delhi – First position in Kayakalp awards