29th January Current Affairs
Here we have given the Today Important Current Affairs January 2021 PDF to prepare for the Competitive Exams (TNPSC, UPSC, SSC, RRB & Banking Exams). This Top Current Affairs will be prepared from Various Sources like PIB, The Hindu, Economic Times, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express & all government websites. Also here we provided the Important Events of the day.
Current Affairs is the Important Part to get a good score in General Awareness Section. So Aspirants must know the current news for the Exam Preparation. In Our Blog, We have given the Latest Trending News about different Facts like International Current Affairs, National Current Affairs, Banking Current Affairs, Sports Current Affairs, etc. For those who want to get a government job, it will be useful for your Preparation. All the Best…
National News paper day is celebrated in India on 29 January:
- National News paper day is celebrated in India on 29.01.2021. This day is celebrated for the remembrance of first-ever newspaper in India was called ‘Hickey’s Bengal Gazette’, also known as ‘Calcutta General Advertiser’. It was printed on 29th January 1780 in Kolkata which was the capital of India at that time.
- Check more details about the important days for various competitive exam preparations by using the link given below.
Prime Minister has addressed the World Economic Forum’s Davos Dialogue:
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has addressed the World Economic Forum’s Davos Dialogue through video conferencing. More than 400 top industry leaders from across the globe attended the session.
- The Prime Minister speaked on the Fourth Industrial Revolution – using technology for the good of humanity.
- Modi also said that India is successfully conducting the world’s largest vaccination drive as well.
About World Economic Forum:
- Headquarters-Cologny, Switzerland
Finance Minister has launched a mobile application named Union Budget Mobile App:
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has launched a mobile application named Union Budget Mobile App for hassle-free access of Budget documents by Members of Parliament and the general public. Union Budget 2021-22 will be presented on 1st of February which will be the first budget in the history of India in the paperless form.
- The mobile App facilitates complete access to 14 Union Budget documents, including the Annual Financial Statement, commonly known as Budget, Demand for Grants and Finance Bill.
- The App has been developed by the National Informatics Centre (NIC)
About National Informatics Centre:
- Headquarters- New Delhi
External Affairs Minister has addressed the 14th Annual Conference:
External Affairs Minister Dr S. Jaishankar has addressed the 14th Annual Conference of Institute for National Security Studies, Israel. While addressing the 14th Annual Conference of Institute for National Security Studies, External Affairs Minister has said that India provided medical supplies and equipment to more than 150 nations during the COVID-19 pandemic.
About External Ministry:
- External Affairs Minister – Dr S. Jaishankar.
Health and Family Welfare Minister chaired the 23rd meeting of the high-level Group of Ministers on COVID-19:
Health and Family Welfare Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan chaired the 23rd meeting of the high-level Group of Ministers on COVID-19 by video-conference.
- Harsh Vardhan said, India has supported other countries with supply of the COVID-19 vaccine during such global public health crisis and trained the personnel of several countries in vaccine administration.
About Ministry of Health and Family Welfare:
- Health and Family Welfare Minister – Dr. Harsh Vardhan
Union Minister of Chemical & Fertilizers received dividend of Rs.12.51 crore from FAGMIL:
Union Minister of Chemical & Fertilizers ShriD.V.Sadananda Gowda received dividend receipt of Rs.12.51 crore for FY 2019-20 FAGMIL.
- This dividend was received from Brigadier Amar Singh Rathore, CMD, FAGMIL. Shri Rajesh Kumar Chaturvedi, Secretary (Fertilizers) was also present during the occasion.
- FAGMIL- FCI Aravali Gypsum & Minerals India Limited
- Chairman and Managing Director- Brigadier Amar Singh Rathore.
About Ministry of Chemical & Fertilizers:
- Union Minister of Chemical & Fertilizers – ShriD.V.SadanandaGowda
- Secretary (Fertilizers) – Shri Rajesh Kumar Chaturvedi
Union Education Minister addressed the Farewell Function of Kala Utsav 2020:
Union Education Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ addressed the Farewell Function of Kala Utsav 2020.
- He appreciated the introduction of the Indigenous Toys and Games segment in Kala Utsav 2020.
- Kala Utsav 2020 was launched online on 10 January 2021 through a digital platform. A total of 35 teams have participated in Kala Utsav 2020, from different states.
NICSI celebrated 25 years of its establishment
National Informatics Centre Services Incorporated (NICSI), a Public Sector Enterprise under National Informatics Centre (NIC) celebrated 25 years of its establishment on 28.01.2021.
- Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad, Union Minister for Communications, Electronics & Information Technology and Law & Justice honoured the event as the Chief Guest.
About NICSI and NIC:
- Director General, National Informatics Centre – Dr. Neeta Verma
- Chairman, NICSI- Dr. Rajendra Kumar (he is Additional Secretary (MeitY))
Ministry of Environment Forest and Climate Change released ‘National Marine Turtle Action Plan’
Ministry of Environment Forest and Climate Change (MoEF&CC) has released ‘Marine Mega Fauna Stranding Guidelines’ and ‘National Marine Turtle Action Plan’.
- Considering the need to have a conservation paradigm for marine mega fauna and marine turtles, the Ministry has releases these plans.
- These documents contain the ways and means for conservation of marine mammals and also conservation of marine turtles.
About Minister of Environment Forest and Climate Change:
- Minister of Environment Forest and Climate Change – Shri Prakash Javadekar
Union Minister of Youth Affairs & Sports has launched Reference Material for anti-doping:
Union Minister of Youth Affairs & Sports Shri Kiren Rijiju launched a breakthrough Reference Material for use in chemical testing in the field of anti-doping.
- This anti-doping Reference Material (RM) was synthesized by collaborative efforts of National Dope Testing Laboratory (NDTL) and National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER), Guwahati.
- This Reference Material (RM), has been identified by NDTL as one of the rarely available RMs globally and would be used to strengthen anti-doping measures in all World Anti Doping Agency (WADA)-accredited laboratories.
About Minister of Youth Affairs & Sports
- Union Minister of Youth Affairs & Sports – Shri Kiren Rijiju
- Secretary (Sports)- Shri Ravi Mital
54th Governing Body Meeting of the SAI:
54th Governing Body Meeting of the Sports Authority of India took place under the chairmanship of Sports Minister Shri Kiren Rijiju.
- The focus of the meeting was on development of various aspects of National Centre of Excellence.
- Governing Body approved projects worth Rs. 100 crores (approximately) for building, development and upgradation of infrastructure at National Centres of Excellence across the country.
About Minister of Youth Affairs & Sports:
- Secretary (Sports)- Shri Ravi Mital
- Ministers of State Sports – Shri Kiren Rijiju
Khadi and Village Industries Commission revived oldest Khadi institutions in Assam:
One of the oldest Khadi institutions in Assam, which remained in a vandalized state bearing the scars of Bodo insurgency for over 30 years, has been brought back to life by Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC).
- The Khadi workshed at village Kawali in Baksa district of Assam, which was burnt down by Bodo insurgents in 1989, has been revived as a Silk reeling center by KVIC.
- Weaving activities will restart at the workshed in the second week of February.
About Khadi and Village Industries Commission:
- KVIC Chairman – Shri Vinai Kumar Saxena
- Headquarters- Mumbai
Union Minister for Minority Affairs addressed “Nutrition and Covid Awareness Camp”
Union Minister for Minority Affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi addressed “Nutrition and COVID Awareness Camp” organized by NMDFC under CSR programme in New Delhi.
- This programme was organized by National Minorities Development & Finance Corporation (NMDFC).
NCAVES India Forum 2021
NCAVES India Forum 2021, organised by the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI) in a virtual format.
- The event covered a wide range of topics pertaining to the System of Environmental Economic Accounting (SEEA).
- MoSPI released the India EVL Tool giving a synoptic view of the environmental valuation studies conducted in India during the past twenty years.
NCAVES stands for ‘Natural Capital Accounting and Valuation of Ecosystem Services’.
About Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI):
- Ministers of State (Independent Charge) – Shri Rao Inderjit Singh
Made in India COVID vaccines despatched by India reached Sri Lanka
The consignments of Made in India COVID vaccines despatched by India have reached Sri Lanka. This gift of COVID-19 vaccines to Sri Lanka is a part of India’s ‘Vaccine Maitri’ initiative under which India has gifted vaccines to seven other countries in the region.
- India has also despatched consignments of Made in India COVID vaccines to Bahrain.
About Sri Lanka:
- Sri Lanka PM- Mahinda Rajapaksa
- Sri Lanka President – Gotabaya Rajapaksa
- Sri Lanka Currency -Sri Lankan rupee
WHO team of 13 experts to begin their research on origins of COVID-19
World Health Organization (WHO) team of 13 experts has left the Quarantine today to begin their field work and research on origins of COVID-19 in Wuhan, two weeks after arriving in the Chinese city where the virus emerged in late 2019.
India has gifted over 55 lakh doses of COVID 19 vaccines to its neighbour countries.
India has gifted over 55 lakh doses of COVID 19 vaccines to its neighbours and extended neighbourhood since the 20th of January this year. This includes
- 5 lakh doses to Bhutan,
- 1 lakh to the Maldives,
- 10 lakh to Nepal,
- 20 lakh to Bangladesh,
- 15 lakh to Myanmar,
- 1 lakh to Mauritius,
- 50 thousand to Seychelles,
- 5 lakh to Sri Lanka
- 1 lakh to Bahrain.
External Affairs Ministry spokesperson – Anurag Srivastava
5th joint meeting of the India-Japan Act East Forum held in New Delhi
- India and Japan held the fifth joint meeting of the India-Japan Act East Forum in New Delhi today. The meeting was co-chaired by Foreign Secretary Harsh Vardhan Shringla and Ambassador of Japan to India Suzuki Satoshi.
- The Act East Forum reviewed progress of ongoing projects in the North Eastern Region of India in various areas including connectivity, hydropower, sustainable development, harnessing of water resources, and skill development.
2021: Year of Indo-French alliance towards a Greener Planet:
Minister for Environment,Forest and Climate Change, Shri Prakash Javadekar and Ms Barbara Pompili, the French Minister for Ecological Transition launched the Indo-French Year of the Environment in New Delhi.
- The basic objective is to strengthen Indo-French cooperation in sustainable development, increase the effectiveness of actions in favor of global environment protection and give them greater visibility.
About Ministry for Environment,Forest and Climate Change:
- Union Minister for Environment,Forest and Climate Change- Shri Prakash Javadekar
Maharashtra CM launched the Agriculture Pump Power Connection Policy:
- Maharashtra, Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray formally launched the Agriculture Pump Power Connection Policy.
- Chief Minister also inaugurated Krishi Urja Abhiyan Policy Web Portal, Solar Energy Land Bank Portal, Maha Krishi Abhiyan App and ACF App prepared by the power discom Mahavitaran.
- Deputy Chief Minister – Ajit Pawar
- Chief Minister – Uddhav Thackeray
Tamil Nadu CM inaugurated Veda Nilayam
Tamil Nadu, Chief Minister Edappadi Palanisamy inaugurated Veda Nilayam, the residence of late Chief Minister Jayalalithaa. Chief Minister also unveiled a nine-foot bronze statue of Jayalalithaa. State Ministers, Assembly Speaker, Members of Parliament and Assembly attended the function.
About Tamil Nadu:
- Tamil Nadu CM- Edappadi Palanisamy
- TN Governor- Banwarilal Purohit
- TN Capital – Chennai
Last surviving member of J&K Constituent Assembly, passed away
Jammu and Kashmir, Krishan Dev Sethi, the last surviving member of J&K Constituent Assembly, passed away at his Jammu residence this morning. 93- year old Sethi was a member of the Constituent Assembly which framed the Constitution of erstwhile state of Jammu and Kashmir. He also represented Noushera Assembly segment of Jammu and Kashmir.
AWARDS & RANKING
India is the fastest country to reach one million vaccinations in the first six days:
- The government today said that India is the fastest country to reach one million vaccinations in the first six days. Union Health Secretary Rajesh Bhushan said that, the United States achieved this feat in 10 days, Spain in 12 days, Israel in 14 days, UK in 18 days, Italy in 19 days and Germany in 20 days.
- The Government said that more than 28 lakh beneficiaries have received the vaccination under the countrywide COVID19 vaccination exercise
TCS is the world’s third most-valued IT services brand:
According to the Brand Finance ‘IT Services 25 2021’ report, TCS is now the world’s third most-valued IT services brand.
Accenture retained the title of world’s most valuable and strongest IT services brand. This is followed by International Business Machines Corp. (IBM) as second position. Other Indian IT which have secured spots in the Top-10 global rankings.
- Infosys Ltd. -4th Rank
- HCL Technologies Ltd. -7th Rank
- Wipro Ltd. – 9th rank
Uttar Pradesh wins the best tableau award
Uttar Pradesh was adjudged the best tableau among the 32 tableaux that participated in the Republic Day Parade this year.
- The tableau of Uttar Pradesh was based on the theme Ayodhya: Cultural Heritage of Uttar Pradesh.
- Tableau of Tripura was adjudged the second best, which represented promotion of eco-friendly tradition for achieving self-reliance in socio-economic parameters.
- Youth Affairs and Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju today gave away awards and prizes to participants.
- Uttar Pradesh Capital: Lucknow.
- Uttar Pradesh Governor: Anandiben Patel.
- Uttar Pradesh CM: Yogi Adityanath
Rajasthan has become the 5thState in the country to successfully undertake Urban Local Bodies (ULB):
Rajasthan has become the 5thState in the country to successfully undertake Urban Local Bodies (ULB) reforms stipulated by the Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance and has thus become eligible for additional reform linked borrowing.
- Accordingly, the State has been granted permission by the Department of Expenditure to mobilise additional financial resources of Rs.2,731crore through Open Market Borrowings.
- Rajasthan has joined four other States namely, Andhra Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Manipur and Telangana, who have completed ULB reforms already.
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|Online Classes||Click Here|