Daily Current Affairs of 23 February 2021
Here we have given the Today Important Current Affairs 23 February 2021 PDF to prepare for the Competitive Exams (TNPSC, UPSC, SSC, RRB & Banking Exams). This Top Current Affairs will be prepared from Various Sources like PIB, The Hindu, Economic Times, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express & all government websites. Also here we provided the Important Events of the day.
Current Affairs is the Important Part to get a good score in General Awareness Section. So Aspirants must know the current news for the Exam Preparation. In Our Blog, We have given the Latest Trending News about different Facts like International Current Affairs, National Current Affairs, Banking Current Affairs, Sports Current Affairs, etc. For those who want to get a government job, it will be useful for your Preparation. All The Best…
Birth Anniversary of Michael Dell:
Michael Dell is the founder and CEO of Dell Technologies, one of the world’s largest technology infrastructure companies. He is an American businessman, investor, philanthropist, and author.
Check more details about the important days for various competitive exam preparations by using the link given below
DRDO has conducted two successful launches VL-SRSAM:
DRDO has conducted two successful launches of Vertical Launch Short Range Surface to Air Missile (VL-SRSAM). The launches were carried out from a static vertical launcher from Integrated Test Range, Chandipur off the coast of Odisha.
- Indigenously designed and developed by the DRDO for Indian Navy, VL-SRSAM is meant for neutralizing various aerial threats at close ranges including sea-skimming targets.
- The missiles were tested for minimum and maximum range. VL-SRSAM with Weapon Control System was deployed during the trials.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has congratulated DRDO on the successful trials.
- Headquarters- New Delhi
- Chairman- Dr G. Satheesh Reddy
Jewar Airport to be the Asia’s biggest airport:
Yogi Adityanath-led Uttar Pradesh government plans to develop Jewar Airport as Asia’s biggest airport with six runways. The state government has to set aside 2,000 crore rupees for Jewar Airport in its budget for 2021-22 presented in the Assembly.
- The under construction airport in Ayodhya will be named as Maryada Purushottam Sriram Airport.
- Ayodhya airport will also be subsequently made an international airport.
About Uttar Pradesh:
- CM – Yogi Adityanath
- Governor- Anandiben Patel
- Capital- Lucknow
Government has sanctioned over 56 thousand more houses under PMAY (Urban):
Government has sanctioned over 56 thousand more houses under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban). The Central Sanctioning and Monitoring Committee have approved them. Out of the total validated demand of one crore 12 lakh houses by 2022, nearly one crore 11 lakh homes are now sanctioned.
- The government has set a target to provide pucca houses to all eligible beneficiaries of Urban India by 2022 with the vision of Housing for All.
50 artisan-based SFURTI clusters:
MSME Minister Nitin Gadkari has inaugurated 50 artisan-based SFURTI clusters spread over 18 States. In these clusters, over 42 thousand artisans have been supported in the traditional segments of muslin, khadi, coir, handicraft, handlooms, wood craft, leather, pottery, carpet weaving, bamboo, agro processing, tea and others. These clusters have been inaugurated in 18 states.
- The MSME Ministry has funded 85 crore rupees for development of these SFURTI clusters.
Defence Minister inaugurated SDC in UP:
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has inaugurated Skill Development Centre (SDC) for Fire Safety Training in the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) at Pilkhuwa in Uttar Pradesh through virtual mode. This facility aimed at developing trained human resources, fire safety technology and products to save precious human lives and valued assets.
- Over 24 acres in Pilkhuwa, the DRDO facility would be utilised for imparting fire prevention and fire-fighting training to the Fire Service personnel of the Indian Armed Forces, DRDO, Ordnance Factories, Coast Guard and defence undertakings.
100 million dollar Defence Line of Credit signed between India and Mauritius:
Special 100 million-US Dollar Defence Line of Credit was signed between India and Mauritius. This will enable the procurement of defence assets from India as per the needs of Mauritius.
- External Affairs Minister Dr. S. Jaishankar also handed over one lakh additional doses of commercially procured Made in India COVID vaccines to Mauritius.
- Prime Minister – Pravind Jugnauth
- Capital- Port Louis
- Currency- Mauritian rupee
Puducherry CM resigned his post:
Puducherry Chief Minister V. Narayanasamy submits his resignation to Lieutenant Governor Tamilisai Soundararajan after his government lost majority in the Union Territory. Speaker V.P. Sivakolunthu declared that V. Narayanasamy government has failed to win the trust motion.
- Capital- Puducherry
- CM- Velu Narayanasamy (Resigned)
- Governor- Tamilisai Soundararajan (additional charge)
Two-day festival of flowers in Varanasi:
Two-day festival of flowers, vegetables and horticulture was organised in many organisations, nurseries and government departments of Varanasi. The aim of the festival was to promote awareness for environment and motivate the farmers of the region.
- This event contains the beautiful creation of cut flowers, ornamental and medicinal plants, fruits, vegetables and flower decoration for two days.
- Deputy Director of Horticulture- Munna Yadav
About Uttar Pradesh:
- CM – Yogi Adityanath
- Governor- Anandiben Patel
- Capital- Lucknow
Shri Pravas Kumar Singh appointed as Member of CERC:
Shri Pravas Kumar Singh takes oath as Member CERC in presence of Power Minister R.K.Singh. He holds LLB Degree. He has worked as Member (legal) in Jharkhand SERC till he was appointed Member, CERC.
- Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC) had been established by the Government of India under the provisions of the Electricity Regulatory Commissions Act, 1998.
- CERC- Central Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Founded: 24 July 1998
Rear Admiral Atul Anand appointed as FOMA:
Rear Admiral Atul Anand, VSM, has appointed as Flag Officer Commanding Maharashtra Naval Area (FOMA). The formal handing/ taking over ceremony was held at INS Kunjali, where Rear Admiral Atul Anand was presented a guard of honour at a ceremonial parade.
- He is an alumnus of the National Defence Academy, Khadakvasla.
- Chief of the Naval Staff (India) – Admiral Karambir Singh
- Chiefs of Air Staff- Air Marshal Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria
- Chief of the Army Staff- General Manoj Mukund Naravane
- Chief of Defence Staff- Bipin Rawat
Jasmeet Singh and Amit Bansal has been appointed as Judges of the Delhi High Court:
President Ram Nath Kovind has appointed Jasmeet Singh and Amit Bansal as Judges of the Delhi High Court. Mr Kovind has also appointed four Additional Judges in the Kerala High Court.
- Four Additional Judges of the Karnataka High Court have been elevated as Judges of the Court.
- The Law Ministry has issued notifications in this regard.
Girish Gautam has been elected as Speaker of the MP State Assembly:
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan moved a proposal in the House to elect Girish Gautam as the Assembly’s Speaker. Girish Gautam was unanimously elected as Speaker of the State Assembly in Madhya Pradesh.
- Girish Gautam is a senior BJP Member
About Madhya Pradesh:
- Capital- Bhopal
- Governor- Incumbent Anandiben Patel (Additional Charge)
- CM- Shivraj Singh Chouhan
30th Adriatic Pearl Tournament:
30th Adriatic Pearl Tournament is a boxing tournament was held in Budva, Montenegro from 16.02.2020 to 22.02.2021. Highlights of this event are:
- Babyrojisana Chanu (51kg) and Arundhati Choudhary (69kg) won gold medals as Indian women boxers in 30th Adriatic Pearl tournament. Three-time Khelo India gold-medallist Arundhati pulled off a dominating 5-0 victory over Ukraine’s Maryana
- Lucky Rana (64kg) secured silver as Indian women emerged as the top team with 10 medals.
- Alfiya Pathan (+81kg), Vinka (60kg) and T Sanamacha Chanu (75kg) are the other Indian women boxers who secured gold medals
- Vinka received the Best Woman Boxer of the Tournament award.
- Two medals in the men’s category, the 19-member Indian team concluded its campaign with an overall second position (12 medals).
- Uzbekistan and Ukraine claimed first and third position respectively in the overall standings.
Winners of India:
|Alfiya Tarannum Akram Khan P. (Women)||+81 Kgs.||GOLD|
|Sanamacha Chanu Thokchom (Women)||75 Kgs.||GOLD|
|Arundhati Choudhary (Women)||69 Kgs.||GOLD|
|Vinka (Women)||60 Kgs.||GOLD|
|Babyrojisana Chanu Naorem (Women)||51 Kgs.||GOLD|
|Raj Sahiba (Women)||81 Kgs.||SILVER|
|Lucky Rana (Women)||64 Kgs.||SILVER|
|Gitika (Women)||48 Kgs.||SILVER|
|Preeti (Women)||57 Kgs.||BRONZE|
|Neha (Women)||54 Kgs.||BRONZE|
|Priyanshu Dabas (Man)||49kg||BRONZE|
Rank of the Nations at the end of this tournament:
- 1st – Uzbekistan
- 2nd – India
- 3rd – Ukraine
DV Sadananda Gowda to present 10th National Awards:
Chemicals and Fertilizers Minister DV Sadananda Gowda will present the 10th National Awards for Technology Innovation in Petrochemicals and Downstream Plastics Processing Industry in New Delhi.
- The award is aimed at felicitating and recognizing the innovative efforts of renowned scientists, researchers and industrialists in the broad areas of Polymer Science and Technologies.
National Technology Awards 2020:
A total of 12 companies have been selected for the National Technology Awards 2020 for commercialization of successful commercialization of innovative indigenous technologies. They have been selected under three categories. They are
- National Award for Successful Commercialization of Indigenous Technology
- National Award for MSMEs
- National Award for Technology Start-Ups
National Award for Successful Commercialization of Indigenous Technology:
- L&T Special Steels and Heavy Forgings Private Limited, Surat
- Vinati Organics Limited, Mumbai
National Award for MSMEs:
- AKS Information Technology Services Private Limited, Noida.
- SVP Laser Technologies Private Limited, Chennai
- Kan Biosys Private Limited, Pune
- AlgalR NutraPharms Private Limited, Thanjavur
National Award for Technology Start-Ups:
- RAR Engineering Private Limited, Delhi
- Fibroheal Wound care Private Limited, Bangalore
- Althion Tech Innovations Private Limited., Hyderabad
- KBCols Sciences Private Limited, Pune
- Shira MedTech Private Limited, Ahmedabad
- Newndra Innovations Private Limited, Jaipur
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|Online Classes||Click Here|