Important Events of February – 23
Birth Anniversary of Michael Dell
- Michael Saul Dell was born on February 23,1965.
- He is an American businessman, investor, philanthropist, and author.
- He is the founder and CEO of Dell Technologies, one of the world’s largest technology infrastructure companies.
- He is ranked as the 38th richest person in the world by Forbes, with a net worth of US$ 23.5 billion as of February 9, 2018.
- In 2011, his 243.35 million shares of Dell Inc. stock were worth $3.5 billion, giving him 12% ownership of the company.
- On January 5, 2013 it was announced that Michael Dell had bid to take Dell Inc. private for $24.4 billion in the biggest management buyout since the Great Recession. Dell Inc. officially went private on October 29, 2013.
- On October 12, 2015, Dell Inc. announced its intent to acquire the enterprise software and storage company EMC Corporation. At $67 billion, it has been labeled the “highest-valued tech acquisition in history”.The acquisition was finalized September 7, 2016.
- In 2017, in the wake of Hurricane Harvey, Dell, a Houston native, pledged $36 million to relief efforts.
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|