Daily Current Affairs – August 14 2019
In this page we have provided you with Daily Current Affairs 2019. If you are preparing for competitive exams,it is necessary to know about the Current Affairs in detail and the Daily Current Affairs knowledge will help you to get good scores in your competitive exams such as UPSC,SSC,RRB and other state PSCs. This page will also help you to get Current Affairs Pdf.
Here we have given you the Important current affairs 2019 on daily basis. You can get good scores in your competitive exams by gaining knowledge in daily current affairs. Below you can read the current affairs of August 14th 2019.
August 14 – Pakistan Independence Day
- Youm-e-Azadi or Pakistan Independence Day is observed annually on 14 August. On this day Pakistan achieved Independence and was declared a sovereign nation following the end of British rule in 1947.
Textiles Minister Inaugurates State of Art Gallery at National Crafts Museum
- Union Minister of Textiles and Women and Child Development, Smriti Zubin Irani, inaugurated Textiles Gallery at National Crafts Museum in New Delhi. The Gallery consists of more than 230 different types oftextiles collections divided into categories of over more than 30 traditions.
RPF Launches “Operation Number Plate”
- Railway Protection Force (RPF) of Indian Railways launched a Special Drive with a Code Name Operation “Number Plate” to identify and verify all vehicles parked in Railway premises, circulating area, parkings and even in the ‘No Parking’ areas for longer duration
Watan a patriotic song by DD was released by Shri Prakash Javadekar
- Union Minister Shri Prakash Javadekar released patriotic song “Watan” produced by Doordarshan to mark the occasion of Independence Day, 2019 in New Delhi. The song pays tribute to New India. It highlights several path breaking initiatives of the government including the determination and vision behind the recent successful launch of “Chandrayaan 2”.
‘Panchamirtham’ of Palani temple gets GI tag
- The famous Palani panchamirtham, given as ‘prasadam’ at the Murugan temple there, has been granted the Geographical Indication (GI) tag. This is the first time a temple ‘prasadam’ from Tamil Nadu has been bestowed with the GI tag.
Rythu Bharosa programme
- ‘Rythu Bharosa’ programme is to be launched on October 15. The Rythu Bharosa programme, will be implemented at a cost of Rs.13,125 crore. Under the scheme, all farmers (including tenant farmers) will get Rs.12,500 a year as an incentive or input subsidy before the sowing (rabi and kharif) seasons begin.
Surabaya scheme in Indonesia
- Indonesia has introduced the Surabaya scheme, by which passengers can swap trash for travel tickets. According to authorities, the scheme is a hit, with nearly 16,000 passengers trading trash for free travel each week.
- Indonesia is the world’s second-biggest marine polluter behind China. It has pledged to reduce plastic waste in its waters some 70% by 2025 by boosting recycling, raising public awareness, and curbing usage.
APP & WEB PORTAL
Water Plus Protocol, Swachh Nagar app
- Shri Hardeep Singh Puri, Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Housing & Urban Affairs launched the Swachh Survekshan 2020 (SS 2020), the fifth edition of the annual cleanliness survey conducted by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA).
- Alongside, the Swachh Survekshan 2020 Toolkit, SBM Water PLUS Protocol and Toolkit, Swachh Nagar an integrated waste management app and AI enabled mSBM App were also launched.
SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
Global investors summit
- Jammu and Kashmir Administration will host a three-day Global Investors Summit from 12th October this year in Srinagar. This was stated by J&K Principal Secretary of Industries Naveen Choudhary while addressing a press conference in Jammu.
MoU & CABINET APPROVALS
MoU Between Indian Navy and CIAL
- A Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) between Naval Air Enclave (NAE), Kochi and Cochin International Airport Limited (CIAL) was signed in a formal function held at CIAL. The Memorandum of Understanding lays down Standard Operating Procedures and their adherence by CIAL and the Indian Navy, for ensuring safe, secure and uninterrupted military air operations.
New Chief Secretary of Arunachal Pradesh
- Naresh Kumar has taken over the charge as the new Chief Secretary of Arunachal Pradesh. Mr. Kumar has succeeded Mr. Satya Gopal. Prior to this, he was the Chairman of the New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC).
Union Home Minister’s Medal for Excellence in Investigation
- The “Union Home Minister’s Medal for Excellence in Investigation” for the year 2019 has been awarded to 96 Police personnel. This medal was constituted in 2018 with the objective to promote high professional standards of investigation of crime and to recognize such excellence in investigation by investigating officers.
Women’s cricket to be part of Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games
- The Commonwealth Games Federation announced that women’s T20 Cricket has been confirmed for inclusion at the Birmingham Commonwealth Games in 2022.
- Eight teams will compete across eight match days, as cricket returns to the Commonwealth Games for the first time since 1998 when South Africa won the gold medal in a men’s 50-over format competition in Kuala Lumpur.
|To Subscribe Youtube Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp||Click here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|