MoU and Agreements Current Affairs – July 2019
In this we have given, July Month MoU and Agreements Current Affairs and their other details. This is very important for all Competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, RRB, and all PSC Examinations.
To Get Topic Wise Monthly Current Affairs PDF Join Our Whatsapp Group….
Whats app Group Click Here
International MoUs and Agreements:
|S.No||India with ___country||Field||Country Details|
|1||UPSC and Civil Service Council of Mongolia||A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) has been signed between the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) and the Civil Service Council of Mongolia, to take forward the cooperation between the Commissions of the two countries. The MoU primarily aims to facilitate sharing and promoting best practices through bilateral exchanges. The areas of cooperation include exchange of experience in use of Information Technology in examination processes, modern approach to public service reforms, exchange of resource persons for conducting specialised training programs, seminars or workshops in areas of mutual interest.||President – Khaltmaagiin Battulga|
|Prime Minister – Ukhnaagiin Khürelsükh|
|Capital – Ulaanbaatar|
|Currency – Mongolian tögrög|
|2||India and Maldives||India and Maldives had signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Passenger and Cargo Services in Male last month. The objective of the MoU is to improve people to people contact between the two countries by providing an alternate, direct and less expensive means for transport for passengers and goods||President – Ibrahim Mohamed Solih|
|Vice President – Faisal Naseem|
|Capital – Male|
|Currency – Maldivian rufiyaa|
|3||India and Maldives for Shipping||The Union Cabinet has given ex-post facto approval for the MoU between India and Maldives for the establishment of passenger and cargo services by sea. India is a leading development partner of Maldives and has established many of the leading institutions of Maldives. Currently, India has provided US $100 million Stand-by Credit facility (SCF) to Maldives, including long-term loans and revolving credit for trade.||President – Ibrahim Mohamed Solih|
|Vice President – Faisal Naseem|
|Capital – Male|
|Currency – Maldivian rufiyaa|
|Chief Justice –
Ahmed Abdulla Didi
|4||Sri Lanka signs agreement with India||Sri Lanka has signed an agreement with India to upgrade tracks in a key railway segment connecting the north and south at a cost of $ 91.26 million. The agreement comes as part of India’s ongoing support to further develop Sri Lankan railways.||President – Maithripala Sirisena|
|Prime Minister – Ranil Wickremesinghe|
|Capital – Colombo, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte|
|Currency – Sri Lankan rupee|
Parliament approves resolution to extend President rule in J&K
- The Parliament has given its nod to the resolution seeking extension of President rule in Jammu and Kashmir for further period of six months with effect from 3rd July 2019 with the Rajya Sabha approving it. Jammu and Kashmir Reservation (Amendment) Bill, 2019 was also passed by Parliament with Rajya Sabha approving it. Both the resolution and the bill have already been passed by the Lok Sabha.
- The reservation bill proposes to give three per cent reservation in educational institutions and government jobs to people living within 10 kilometres of the International Border in Jammu.
AYUSH, MeitY ministries to collaborate for digitisation of AYUSH sector
- The Ministries of AYUSH and Electronics and Information Technology signed a Memorandum of Understanding in New Delhi to collaborate on the digitization of the AYUSH sector. It leads to transformation in the field of health care delivery at all levels, along with greater research, education, delivery of various health care programmes and better drug regulations.
UGC approves new initiative STRIDE
- The University Grants Commission (UGC) has approved a new initiative – Scheme for Trans-disciplinary Research for India’s Developing Economy (STRIDE) to boost research culture in the country. This scheme will strengthen research culture and innovation in colleges and Universities.
Cabinet approves Grant of Organized Group ‘A’ Status to Indian Railway Protection Force (RPF)
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved Grant of Organised Group ‘A’ status to Indian Railway Protection Force (RPF). Grant of status of Organized Group ‘A’ service to RPF will end stagnation, improve career progression of the officers and keep up their motivational level. Eligible officers of RPF will get benefitted.
Government approves changes in POCSO Act
- The Union Cabinet approved an amendment to the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012. The Bill provides for stringent punishment, including death, for sexual assault of children, as well as fines and jail terms for child pornography.
Nhai Signs MoU with NIIF for funding highway projects
- National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) signed an MoU with National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF). NIIF is a fund promoted by Government of India to give boost to the infrastructure sector in the country. The MoU is related to co-operation in formation of SPVs to execute the fund arrangement for large size road projects particularly green field projects to be executed by NHAI in future.
Prasar Bharati signs MoU with IIT Kanpur for research collaboration
- Prasar Bharati and Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur signed a Memorandum of Understanding for research collaboration in newly emerging technologies and broadcasting-related areas in New Delhi. Direct to mobile broadcasting, Convergence of 5G, Artificial Intelligence Incubation Centre by Prasar Bharati and student internship for students of IIT, Kanpur at Prasar Bharati are among the main areas in the research collaboration.
Cabinet extends 15th Finance Commission’s term up to Nov 30
- Cabinet has approved the extension of the term of Fifteenth Finance Commission up to 30th November this year. It will enable the Commission to examine various comparable estimates for financial projections in view of reforms and the new realities to finalise its recommendations for the period 2020-2025.
- The Fifteenth Finance Commission was constituted by the President on 27th November, 2017. It was to submit its report on the basis of its Terms of Reference by 30th October this year covering a period of five years commencing from 1st April, 2020.
Cabinet approves setting up of National Medical Commission
- The Union Cabinet has approved National Medical Commission Bill, 2019. The bill provides for setting up of a National Medical Commission in place of Medical Council of India and repeal the Indian Medical Council Act 1956. The features of the bill include, the Common final year MBBS Exams will be know as National Exit Test(NEXT) which would serve as Licentiate Exam, for entrance to Post Graduate medical course and as screening test of foreign medical graduates.
Cabinet approves merger of National Institute of Miners’ Health with ICMR-NIOH
- Union Cabinet has approved the merger of National Institute of Miners’ Health with ICMR – National Institute of Occupational Health. This will help both the institutes in terms of enhanced expertise in the field of occupational health besides efficient management of public money.
Triple Talaq Bill passed in Lok Sabha
- The Lok Sabha passed the Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage), Bill, 2019 commonly known as Triple Talaq bill by voice vote. Law minister Ravi Shankar Prasad said it was important to bring in a law banning instant triple talaq as the practice has continued despite a Supreme Court verdict passed in 2017.
Government approves national permit scheme for inter-state travel for bus operators
- Union Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari said, the government has approved the national permit scheme for inter-state travel for bus operators. The move is likely to increase the state revenue by 3-4 per cent as the money will be directly credited to the states in a proportionate manner.
2019 All Current Affairs Capsule Download – Click Here
General Knowledge Study Materials Click Here for Download
All subject Study Materials Click Here for Download
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|