Daily Current Affairs 19th September 2022
India’s first full-arm transplant has performed in Kerala!!!
- At the Amrita Hospital in Kochi two full-arm transplants have been performed successfully.
- Amaresh and Yousif Hasan Saeed Al Zuwaini have lost both hands in an accident.
- Surgery underwent for both has successfully transplant both the limbs in a marathon surgery.
- This Surgery was performed by team led by Dr Subramania Iyer and Dr Mohit Sharma, comprising 20 surgeons and 10 anaesthetists, performed the surgery.
- This was the India’s first full – arm transplant.
Supreme Court appointed panel concerned over shrinking tiger habitat
- Supreme Court has appointed central empowered committee for raised concern over shrinking tiger habitat.
- “The CEC was told that the movement of tigers was sighted through camera traps in the forest falling within the proposed Pakhro Tiger Safari.
- In this context, the CEC observed that the establishment of the tiger safari within the reserve would shrink the tiger habitat.”
New tool to get sleeper class facility for waiting list passengers in train journey!!!
- The Railway Department introduced a mobile device 4 months ago to simplify the work of ticket inspectors and eliminate transparency and corruption in ticket allotment.
- This device was developed by the Railway Department and named Hand Held Terminal (HHT).
- Passenger details booked on hand held terminal device in the form of I-Pod can be known through this device for each compartment.
- Through this facility 7000 passengers are helped to get sleeper class facility every day.
For the first time in Tamil Nadu, the award will be given to the best tour operators
- For the first time in Tamil Nadu, the Department of Tourism will award the best tourism organizers in 45 categories.
- As part of the World Tourism Day, the Tamil Nadu Tourism Department will for the first time present awards to encourage tourism entrepreneurs.
- Officials have said that the awards will be presented on September 27.
- In this ceremony, Chief Minister M.K. Stalin will give the awards.
Anna University has introduced a new app to provide e-books to students!!!
- Bringing the library closer to tech-savvy college students, Anna College, starting next week, will launch a new app for college students to read e-journals and e-books on their devices.
- Professors said that compared to reference books in libraries, school and college students are using e-books and e-journals more.
- “College students can search for books on related subjects from their phones or laptops.
- The college library subscribes to 6000 e-books and 32,000 e-journals.
- School of Engineering, Guindy, Madras Institute of Na-Hav (AC Tech) and College of Structure and Planning, 4 campuses, Chrompet, Alagappa School of Na-Ham, 10,000 college students studying
Jallikattu stadium at Alanganallur by 2024
- Public Works Minister A.V. Velu has said that a Jallikattu stadium will be constructed near Alankanallur in Madurai district by 2024.
- The Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu announced under Article 110 in the Legislative Assembly that a stadium will be constructed in Alanganallur area to hold jallikattu competition.
- Accordingly, the first phase of the Jallikattu arena to come up at the foothills of Vaithumalai in Keezakarai area near Alankanallur is to be carried out on 16 acres.
- We have now chosen this place as requested to build a ground near the Alankanallur area where jallikattu is held.
Gross Direct Tax collection for the Financial Year 2022-23 grows to 30%!!!
- The Finance Ministry has said as on the gross collection of direct taxes in 2022-23 is at over eight lakh 36 thousand crore rupees compared to over six lakh 42 thousand crore rupees in 2021-22. Direct Tax collection has registered a growth at 30%.
- The Gross collection of Rs 8,36,225 crore includes Corporation Tax at Rs.4,3,6,020, Personal Tax includig Securites Transaction Tax (STT) at Rs. 3,98,440 crore.
- The Net Direct Tax collection has grown as 23% for the year 2022-23 to Rs 7,00,669 crore, compared to Rs 5,68,147 crore in the corresponding period of 2021-22.
- The cumulative Advance Tax collections for the first and second quarter of the Financial Year 2022-23 stand at Rs. 2,95,308 crore.
Cylindrical ivory bead discovered at Keeladi!!!
- On the 8th phase of excavation at Keeladi, Sivaganga district a Cylindrical ivory bead.
- The unique bead made out of ivory was found in the quadrant XM13/4 at the depth of 164 cm.
- The length of this bead is 5.6 cm and total diameter is 4 cm. is becoming. The diameter of the hole in it was 1.3 cm. Its surface was polished and smooth. Both ends are flat.
- Including a human head figurine, an ivory dice, etc also been excavated in the 8th phase excavation.
Copper coins of Rajaraja Chola era have been found
- 10th century copper coins have been found at Singulam Jain Hill.
- A 13th century brick has also been found.
- These objects have been found in the archaeological excavations led by Srinivasan at Sinkulam Jain Hill.
- Researchers have said that these coins were in use from Rajaraja Chola to the first Kulothunga Chola period.
10th century Pandiyan inscription discovered near Thiruchuzhi!!!
- A 10th century Pandyan inscription has been found near Thiruchuzhi.
- In a field survey conducted by the students of SPK College in Aruppukkottai, Virudhunagar district, they found an inscription in a village called Moolakaraipatti in Thiruchuzhi area, along the bank of Kanmai.
- An inscription 4 feet high and one and a half feet wide was found on the bank of Kanmai in Mulakaraipatti village.
- 13 lines above it and 7 lines on the right were visible on both sides. Retired Director of Archaeology, Santalingam, said that the inscription is from the Pandya era, which ruled in the 10th or 11th century AD.
The book ‘Manam niraintha makkal sevai’ has been released at the Governor’s House
- A book titled ‘Manam niraintha makkal sevai’ was released at Tamil Nadu Governor’s House on behalf of Mylaith Thiruvalluvar Tamil Sangam.
- Former Odisha Governor MM Rajendran, Tamil Nadu Governor RN Ravi, RBI Governor Sakthi Kantha Das, retired Judge TN Vallinayakam, publisher and founding secretary of Mayilai Thiruvalluvarch Tamil Association Sayon, Joint Secretary Vasuki Kannapan participated in the event.
A book titled “Higher Leader Modi” has been published
- On Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s 72nd birthday, a book titled “Higher Leader Modi” was published in Chennai.
- BJP South Chennai District President V. Kalidas, writer Madhurakavyar, BJP State Vice President Karu. Nagarajan, State Secretary Karate Thiagarajan, South Chennai District Vice President Nachikulam L. Saravanan and party officials has participated in this ceremony.
Political Parties and Political System
Raghav Chadha has appointed as a Aam Aadmi Party’s co-charge for Gujarat poll
- Arvind Kejriwal-leader of Aam Aadmi Party has appointed Rajya Sabha MP Raghav Chadha as the Aam Aadmi Party’s co-in charge of party affairs in the state.
- Previously Chadha had played important role in enabling AAP to register its victory in Punjab and Delhi.
- Raghav Chadha an Indian politician and member of the Aam Aadmi Party.
- Raghav Chadha has been elected as Member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha,he was also the Vice Chairman of the Delhi Jal Board and MLA from the Rajendra Nagar assembly constituency in Delhi.
Bajrang Punia won the bronze medal by defeating Sebastian Rivera at the World Wrestling Championships!!!
- India’s Bajrang Punia won a bronze medal in the 65 kg category at the World Wrestling Championships in Belgrade on September 18.
- Punia, a 28-year-old wrestler, defeated Rivera 11-9 to claim his fourth medal, the bronze medal at the world championships.
- In 2013, 2019 and 2022, he won the bronze medal and in 2018 he also bagged the silver medal due to Bajrang’s outstanding performance. With this, he became the first Indian to win four World Championship medals.
- Earlier, Vinesh Phogat won the first medal for India in 53 Kg category at the ongoing championships.
Czech Republic player wins Chennai Open International Women’s Tennis Singles title!!!
- 17-year-old Czech Republic’s Linda Fruvitrova clinched the Open International women’s tennis singles title in the final on September 18.
- Chennai Open International Women’s Tennis Tournament at STAD, Nungambakkam. 17-year-old Linda Fruvitrova from Czech Republic and 30-year-old Magda Linet from Poland qualified to play in the singles finals.
- And in the evening’s final, Poland’s Magda took the first set 4-6.
- Champion Linda Fruvitrova was awarded WTA 280 points, a shield and a prize check of Rs 26 lakh 44 thousand.
- Earlier in the doubles final, Canada’s Gabriella-Brazil’s Lusa faced Russia’s Anna Linkova-Georgia’s Nadila. Canada-Brazil, who had the most points from the beginning, won the trophy with a straight set of 6-1, 6-2.
Arjun and Dhruv Kapila win Gold in International Challenge Badminton Doubles!!!
- The Indian Maharashtra International Challenge Badminton Tournament was held in Nagpur, Maharashtra.
- Arjun, Dhruv Kapila, Thailand’s Salomban Morn and Nandakarn won the men’s doubles by 21-17, 20-22, 21-18.
- In the men’s singles final, India’s Meeraba Loovang Maisnam won 21-16.
Recycle Awareness Week
- Every year Recycle Awareness Week is observed on September 19-25.
- This day is observed to create awareness and support the noble cause of recycling.
- In 2006 the U.S., Dell becomes the first company to provide free recycling for its products.
- Recycle Awareness Week is a national wide celebration to promote and spread awareness about the benefits of recycling.
National Rehabilitation Awareness Week
- National Rehabilitation Awareness Week is observed on September 19-25.
- National Rehabilitation Awareness Foundation has recognized National Rehabilitation Awareness Week on 19-25.
- The purpose of Rehabilitation Awareness is care that can help you get back, and improve abilities that you need for daily life.
Rehabilitation has four elements:
- Preventative Rehabilitation
- Restorative Rehabilitation
- Supportive Rehabilitation
- Palliative Rehabilitation
World Bamboo Day
- World Bamboo Organization declared 18 September as World Bamboo Day in 2009.
- World Bamboo Day 2022 is observed in order to create awareness about the conservation of this extremely useful plant.
- The Significance of World Bamboo Day aims to sensitize people about the potential uses of bamboo.
- Promoting the new cultivation of bamboo in developing regions across the world can yield tremendous economic development.
Irattai malai Srinivasan Memorial Day – September 18, 1945!!!
- Irattaimalai Srinivasan (July 7, 1859 – September 18, 1945) was an Indian politician, social reform activist, lawyer. Adi was a voice for the Tamil people. He founded the Paraiyar Mahasana Sabha and also ran a monthly magazine called Paraiyaan (magazine).
- Member of Madras Provincial Assembly from 1923 to 1939.
- He always wanted to end the cruelty of untouchability, and in 1887 he married Renganayaki Amma. They had 2 daughters and 4 sons.
- Appreciating the work of irattaimalai Srinivasan, the British Government honored him with the titles of ‘Irao Sakib’, ‘Diwan Badur’ and ‘Irao Bahadur’. Appreciating the work of irattaimalai Srinivasan, Mr. V.K. They honored him by giving him the title of ‘Dravidamani’. He died on September 18, 1945 at 2-45 at No. 4, M. He died of natural causes at the age of eighty-six at Veerapathran Street, Periyamedu. The Central Government of India issued a stamp on 15.08.2000 to irattaimalai
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|Online Classes||Click Here|