Current Affairs – June 14, 2018
To Know 2018 Daily Current Affairs Click Here
June 14 – World Blood Donor Day
2018 Theme:- Be there for someone else. Give blood. Share life.
- Every year, on 14 June, countries around the world celebrate World Blood Donor Day. The event serves to thank voluntary, unpaid blood donors for their life-saving gifts of blood and to raise awareness of the need for regular blood donations.
Integrated Command and Control Centre
- Prime Minister Modi visits Chhattisgarh, inaugurates Integrated Command and Control Centre at Naya Raipur; dedicates modernized, expanded Bhilai Steel Plant to the Nation.
NLCIL’s Three 100 MW Solar Power Projects
- The Union Minister for Railways, Coal, Finance & Company Affairs, Shri Piyush Goyal inaugurated Neyveli Lignite Corporation India Limited (NLCIL)’s three 100 MW Solar Power Projects for commercial operation and dedicated these projects to the Nation .
- The Solar Power projects situated at Thoppalaakkarai and Sethupuram in Virudhunagar District and Sellaiya Sezhiyanallur in Tirunelveli District, with an installed capacity of 100 MW each.
National Tribal Museum
- A National Tribal Museum along with a National Level Tribal Research Institute is proposed to be set up at Delhi by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
- 70000 tribals currently enrolled with Tribes India for sale of products, numbers expected to increase to 1.5 lakh soon.
Biogas plants to be set up at cow shelters
- Biogas plants with the capacity of over 100 cubic metres will be set up shortly at 25 gaushalas in Rajasthan with 50% subsidy on investment costs paid by the State government’s Gopalan Department. Rajasthan will be the first State to produce manure from biogas plants at the cow shelters.
Hi-tech to keep a tab on coal movement
- The Singareni Collieries Company Limited (SCCL) has recently introduced a GPS-based vehicle tracking system at the Coal Handling Plant (CHP) in Yellandu town.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
TransUnion opens technology hub to aid global operations
- TransUnion opened its first Global In-house Centre (GIC) in the Chennai city, which is aimed at supporting the U.S.based credit information company’s operations worldwide.
MOU, AGREEMENTS & CABINET APPROVALS
- The Arunachal Pradesh government has inked an agreement with Andhra Pradesh-based Smart Village Movement (SVM) to facilitate technology innovations, research and development in selected villages of the north-eastern state.
Maharashtra government, Quebec ink pact for greater economic cooperation
- The Maharashtra government and Canada’s Quebec province have signed a pact to increase the economic cooperation, especially in areas like information technology, biotechnology, artificial intelligence and welfare of the tribal community.
Wipro inks deals with Nokia, LATAM Cargo
- Wipro, India’s third-largest software services exporter had signed two multi-year business deals 1) With Nokia for the design and digitalisation of Nokia’s sales order operations 2) Another with LATAM Cargo, a part of Latin America’s LATAM Airlines Group.
SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
Consultative Committee meeting
- MoS Dr Jitendra Singh chairs the Meeting of Consultative Committee for DoNER Ministry in Jammu.
- Government committed to bring development in NE at par with other developed states.
- A National Consultation on the National Rural Drinking Water Programme (NRDWP) and Swajal was held in the Capital.Swajal Launched in 115 Aspirational Districts of India.Centre to Spend Rs 1000 Crores to Provide Clean Drinking Water to 27,500 Quality-Affected Habitations.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
- ‘Water productivity mapping of major Indian crops’ published by NABARD in a function at New Delhi.
- Dr Bindeshwar Pathak – Nikkei Asia Prize for Culture and Community
- Indian social worker and the man behind low cost toilet revolution ‘Sulabh Shauchalya’.
- Indian-American Dhivya Suryadevara – Chief Finance Officer (CFO) of General Motors[US’ largest automaker]
APP & WEBPORTAL
New Incredible India website
- The Minister of State (I/C) for Tourism Shri K.J. Alphons launched the new Incredible India website in New Delhi. The website showcases India as a holistic destination, revolving around major experiences, such as, spirituality, heritage, adventure, culture, yoga, wellness and more.
FIFA World Cup 2018 kicks off in Russia
- The FIFA World Cup – kicked off at Moscow’s Luzhniki Stadium.
Dhawan: First Indian to score century before lunch on first day of a Test
- The first Indian batsman, and sixth overall, to score a century before lunch on the first day of a maiden Test match between India and Afghanistan [104 off 91 balls with 19 fours and 3 sixes].
First Indian to play in Super League
- Smriti Mandhana is set to become the first Indian to appear in the Kia Super League in England this summer after being signed by defending champions Western Storm.
To Download Pocket Current Affairs Click Here