Current Affairs – June 14, 2018 – One Liner
To Know 2018 Pocket Current Affairs Click Here
June 14 – World Blood Donor Day
2018 Theme:- Be there for someone else. Give blood. Share life.
- Prime Minister Modi visits Chhattisgarh, inaugurates Integrated Command and Control Centre at Naya Raipur; dedicates modernized, expanded Bhilai Steel Plant to the Nation.
- The Union Minister for Railways, Shri Piyush Goyal inaugurated Neyveli Lignite Corporation India Limited (NLCIL)’s three 100 MW Solar Power Projects for commercial operation.
- The Solar Power projects situated at Thoppalaakkarai and Sethupuram in Virudhunagar District and Sellaiya Sezhiyanallur in Tirunelveli District, with an installed capacity of 100 MW each.
- A National Tribal Museum along with a National Level Tribal Research Institute is proposed to be set up at Delhi by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
- Biogas plants with the capacity of over 100 cubic metres will be set up shortly in Rajasthan with 50% subsidy. Rajasthan will be the first State to produce manure from biogas plants at the cow shelters.
- The Singareni Collieries Company Limited (SCCL) has recently introduced a GPS-based vehicle tracking system at the Coal Handling Plant (CHP) in Yellandu town.
- TransUnion opened its first Global In-house Centre (GIC) in the Chennai
- The Arunachal Pradesh government has inked an agreement with Andhra Pradesh-based Smart Village Movement (SVM) to facilitate technology innovations, research and development in selected villages of the north-eastern state.
- The Maharashtra government and Canada’s Quebec province have signed a pact to increase the economic cooperation and welfare of the tribal community.
- Wipro, India’s third-largest software services exporter had signed two multi-year business deals With Nokia & LATAM Cargo.
- MoS Dr Jitendra Singh chairs the Meeting of Consultative Committee for DoNER Ministry in Jammu.
- A National Consultation on the National Rural Drinking Water Programme (NRDWP) and Swajal were held in the Capital.Swajal Launched in 115 Aspirational Districts of India.
- ‘Water productivity mapping of major Indian crops’ published by NABARD in a function at New Delhi.
- Dr Bindeshwar Pathak – Nikkei Asia Prize for Culture and Community
- Indian social worker and the man behind low cost toilet revolution ‘Sulabh Shauchalya’.
- Indian-American Dhivya Suryadevara – Chief Finance Officer (CFO) of General Motors[US’ largest automaker]
- New Incredible India website launched in New Delhi – The website showcases India as a holistic destination, revolving around major experiences, such as, spirituality, heritage, adventure, culture, yoga, wellness and more.
- FIFA World Cup – kicked off at Moscow’s Luzhniki Stadium, Russia.
- Shikhar dhawan, the first Indian batsman, and sixth overall, to score a century before lunch on the first day of a Test match.
- Smriti Mandhana is set to become the first Indian to appear in the Kia Super League in England.
To Download Detailed Current Affairs Click Here