Daily Current Affairs – July 10 2018
To Know 2018 Daily Current Affairs Click Here
Rajya Sabha members can use all 22 scheduled languages
- Rajya Sabha members can speak in any of the 22 scheduled languages from the monsoon session of Parliament beginning on July 18.
India-Korea Technology Exchange Centre Inaugurated
- The India-Korea Technology Exchange Centre was inaugurated by the Minister of State (I/C) MSME Giriraj Singh and Minister of SMEs and Start-ups of Republic of Korea in New Delhi.
Tamil Nadu finally set to get Lokayukta
- A day before the expiry of the Supreme Court-set deadline for establishing the Lokayukta in the State, the Tamil Nadu Assembly adopted legislation for constituting the anti-corruption panel.
Aujas opens centre to help foil cyberattacks
- Aujas Networks, a cybersecurity firm has opened a ‘Security Operations Centre’ at Bengaluru that will help detect and respond to complex threats in real time.
To ban plastic starting from Gandhi Jayanti
- The Odisha government ordered a ban on the use of plastic bags, polythene and single-use plastic in the State starting from Gandhi Jayanti in October.
Odisha govt., Tata Trust unveil Rs.1,000-cr. cancer care plan
- The Odisha government and Tata Trust will jointly spend Rs.1,000 crore for development of cancer care facilities in the State over the next five years.
Tesla plant in Shanghai
- Tesla Inc. Chief Executive Officer Elon Musk landed a deal with Chinese authorities to build a new auto plant in Shanghai, its first factory outside the United States that would double the size of the electric car maker’s global manufacturing.
Scientists discover the world’s oldest colours
- Scientists have discovered the oldest colours in the geological record 1.1 billion-year-old bright pink pigments extracted from rocks deep beneath the Sahara desert in Africa.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Google to mentor local AI start-ups
- Google’s ‘Launchpad Accelerator India,’ a mentorship program that would aim to support Indian start-ups that deploy artificial intelligence and machine learning to build solutions for local needs.
RANKINGS & INDEXES
Top Rankers in Ease of Doing Business
- Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP), Ministry of Commerce and Industry, released the final rankings of States in Ease of Doing Business in New Delhi.
- The top rankers 1) Andhra Pradesh 2) Telangana and Haryana 4)Jharkhand and 5) Gujarat stood fourth and fifth respectively.
SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
5-day workshop at INCOIS
- A five-day international-level workshop on Tsunami Warning Centre Operations and SOPs for Tsunami Warning and Emergency Response will be inaugurated by Madhavan N. Rajeevan, Secretary, Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES) at the Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services (INCOIS), in Hyderabad on July 10.
67th Plenary Session of the NEC in Shillong
- The Union Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh chairs the concluding session of the 67th Plenary session of the NEC in Shillong. ‘New India’ will go through a developed and peaceful ‘New North East’ he added.
MOU, AGREEMENTS & CABINET APPROVALS
Rajasthan signs MoU with Microsoft
- Rajasthan has emerged as the first State to sign a memorandum of understanding with Microsoft to provide digital training to 9,500 students of government colleges. It will also train 500 faculty members.
Venkaiah Naidu becomes first Chairman of Rajya Sabha to sign an MOU
- Rajya Sabha and Senate of Rwanda agree to promote dialogue, capacity building and cooperation.
India, South Korea agree on framework to improve trade
- India and South Korea signed a joint statement agreeing to discuss an ‘early harvest’ package for the Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA) aimed at identifying key areas for enhanced trade between the two countries.
Thai SEAL and elite foreign divers extracted the trapped boys & Coach
- All 12 boys and their football coach, who were trapped in a flooded Thailand Tham Luang cave more than a fortnight, have been rescued by the country’s Navy SEAL, completing an astonishing against-the-odds rescue mission that has captivated the world.
- Ciby Kallingal of Pananchery and T.V. Rajanarayanan of Thiruvilwamala, farmers from Thrissur district – Jagjivan Ram Innovative Farmer Awards, 2017 instituted by the ICAR (Indian Council of Agricultural Research).
To Download Pocket Current Affairs Click Here