Daily Current Affairs – February 07 2019
CM Pema Khandu flags off Arunachal leg of Startup India Yatra
- Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu flagged off the Arunachal leg of the Startup India Yatra from civil secretariat in Itanagar.
Centre sanctions Rs173 cr for 58 NH projects
- Centre has sanctioned 173 crore rupees for 58 national highway projects in Himachal Pradesh.
Trump nominates US treasury diplomat David Malpass to head World Bank
- President Donald Trump has nominated senior Treasury official David Malpass as the next chief of the World Bank.
Macedonia signs accord to join NATO
- Macedonia signed an accord to join NATO to become the 30th member of the US-led alliance. The Macedonia-NATO accord follows a deal with Greece ending a 27-year-old dispute over Macedonia’s name. The accord must now be ratified by allied governments.
Philippines to tighten entry of foreign workers
- The Philippines has said it will soon impose stricter requirements and procedures in issuing work permits to foreign nationals who intend to work in the country.
Sri Lankan parliament to debate and vote to form national government
- Sri Lankan parliament will take up for debate the proposal to form a national government followed by voting.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Overall health allocations to be increased to 2.5% of GDP
- India stands committed to increase its overall health allocations to 2.5 per cent of GDP.
RBI announces bi-monthly monetary policy
- The Monetary Policy Committee headed by Reserve Bank of India Governor Shaktikanta Das, announced a reduction in policy repo rate by 25 basis points from 6.5 per cent to 6.25 per cent with immediate effect.
RBI raises collateral-free farm loan limit to Rs 1.6 lakh
- RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das announced that the limit of collateral free agricultural loans has been increased from one lakh to 1.6 lakh.
RANKINGS & INDEXES
Latest FIFA rankings
- Indian football team slips out of top 100 in latest FIFA rankings. 103) India
SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
Indo-Africa Strategic Economic Co-operation
- Union Minister of Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation, Suresh Prabhu addressed the interactive session on Indo-Africa Strategic Economic Co-operation in New Delhi.
- Shri Sailesh – Assumed Charge as Secretary, Ministry of Minority Affairs
- Dinkar Gupta – Punjab DGP
UNDP Small Grants Programme(SGP)
- A Workshop on MoEFCC-Global Environment Facility, UNDP Small Grants Programme(SGP) was inaugurated in New Delhi by Shri C.K. Mishra, Secretary, Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change(MoEFCC).
Atal Bhujal Yojana
- The World Bank has approved Atal Bhujal Yojana (ABHY), a Rs.6000 Crore scheme, for sustainable management of ground water with community participation. The funding pattern is 50:50 between Government of India and World Bank.
MOU, AGREEMENTS & CABINET APPROVALS
New Centres for Artificial Intelligence
- In view of increasing use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology across the world, IIT Kharagpur, IIT-Madras, IIIT-Kancheepuram, NIT Silchar, and NIT Bhopal have set up centres for Artificial Intelligence.
- Vidharbha lifted the Ranji Trophy for the second time in a row, defeating Saurashtra by 78 runs at Nagpur.
- World champion Indian weightlifter Saikhom Mirabai Chanu notched up a gold medal at the EGAT Cup in Thailand.
- Chanu won the 49kg category gold with an effort of 192 kg in the silver level Olympic qualifying event.
Federation Cup Tennis tournament
- India defeated Thailand 2 – 1 in the world play off Asia Oceania group one of Federation Cup Tennis tournament in Astana.
9th Senior Women’s Hockey National Championship
- 9th Senior Women’s Hockey National Championship will kick off in Hisar, Haryana.
2019 January Current Affairs Monthly Capsule
To Download 2019 Current Affairs January Quiz
To Know 2018 Daily Current Affairs
To Download 2018 Current Affairs Quiz PDF
For WhatsAPP Group – Click Here
For Telegram Channel Click Here