Daily Current Affairs – December 06 2018
December 6 – 63rd Mahaparinirvan Diwas of Ambedkar
- The President Shri Ram Nath Kovind led the nation in paying homage to Bharat Ratna Baba Saheb Dr. B.R. Ambedkar on his 63rd Mahaparinirvan Diwas.
India’s second container cargo sector on Inland Waterways
- Kolkata-Patna becomes India’s second container cargo sector on Inland Waterways. IWAI vessel MV RN Tagore sails from Kolkata with PepsiCo, Emami cargo on board to Bihar.
Foundation stone of “Pusa Kisan Haat”
- Union Agriculture & Farmers Welfare Minister Shri Radha Mohan Singh Minister laid the foundation stone of Pusa Kisan Haat in ICAR’s Agricultural Technology Information Centre (ATIC) in New Delhi.
- Pusa Kisan Haat will be built across 2.5 acres in which 60 stalls measuring 3m x 3m will be erected in which farmers can sell their agricultural produce and value-added products.
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar School of Media Empowerment to train Dalit and Tribal youths
- Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Thaawarchand Gehlot opened nationwide admissions to Dr. B.R. Ambedkar School of Media Empowerment, New Delhi, to train Dalit and Tribal youths in media studies.
S.Korea, DPRK agree to verify withdrawal of guard posts
- South Korea and the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK) have agreed to verify the pilot withdrawal of guard posts in the inter-Korean border area.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Reduction of the statutory liquidity ratio by 0.25 percent
- The Reserve Bank said that it will reduce the statutory liquidity ratio by 0.25 percent every quarter beginning January next year.
- Statutory Liquidity Ratio – SLR – is the portion of funds which banks are required to maintain in the form of cash, gold reserves, the government approved securities before providing credit to the customers.
RBI proposes new method to benchmark floating rate of loans for MSMEs
- In a bid to ensure greater transparency, Reserve Bank has proposed that floating interest rates on personal, home, auto and MSMEs loans be linked to external benchmarks like repo rate or treasury yields.
- The new system is likely to become operational by 1st April 2019.
SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
Annual Startup India Venture Capital Summit 2018
- The Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) in the Ministry of Commerce and Industry and the Government of Goa, is hosting the annual Startup India Venture Capital Summit in Goa on December 07, 2018.
- The theme of the Summit is ‘Mobilizing Global Capital for Innovation in India.’
- Preeti Saran – Asia Pacific seat on the UN’s Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (CESCR).
MOU, AGREEMENTS & CABINET APPROVALS
Centre approves additional assistance of over Rs. 3048 cr to Kerala
- Centre approved an additional assistance of over 3048 crore rupees to Kerala in view of recent devastating flood in the state.
Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) between India and Japan
- Cabinet approves MoC between India and Japan for Cooperation in the Postal field and in the field of Environmental Cooperation & Healthcare and Wellness.
MoU between India and USA
- Cabinet approves MoU between India and the USA concerning Scientific and Technical Cooperation in the Earth Sciences.
MoU between India and France
- Cabinet approves MoU between India and France in the field of energy efficiency / energy conservation.
MoU between India and Tajkistan
- Cabinet approves MoU between India and Tajkistan on Cooperation on Peaceful uses of Space Technology for Development.
MoU between India and Russia
- Cabinet approves MoU between India and Russia on Joint Activities under Human Spaceflight Programme.
Agremment between India and Uzbekistan
- Cabinet approves Agreement between India and Uzbekistan on Cooperation in the exploration and uses of Outer Space for peaceful purposes.
MoU between India and Zimbabwe
- Cabinet approves MoU between India and Zimbabwe for cooperation in the field of geology, mining and mineral resources.
MoU between India and Morocco
- Cabinet approves MoU between India and Morocco for Cooperation in the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space.
Agreement between India and Algeria
- Cabinet approves Agreement between India and Algeria on Cooperation in the field of Space Sciences, Technologies and Applications.
Cabinet approves Agriculture Export Policy, 2018
- The Government has come out with a comprehensive “Agriculture Export Policy” aimed at doubling the agricultural exports and integrating Indian farmers and agricultural products with the global value chains.
- Exercise Hand-in-Hand is conducted annually as part of military diplomacy and interaction between armies of India and China. The joint exercise for the year 2018 will be conducted from 10 to 23 December 2018 at Chengdu, China.
Exercise ‘Clean Sea-2018’
- The Indian Coast Guard has conducted the Regional Level Marine Oil Pollution Response Exercise titled ‘Clean Sea – 2018’ at sea off Port Blair.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
- “The Republican Ethic” and “Loktantra Ke Swar” (Selected Speeches of President Shri Ram Nath Kovind) books would be launched by Shri Venkaiah Naidu, Vice President of India.