Summits and Conference in May 2019
In this we have given, May Summits and Conference and other important events held on that day. This is very important for all Competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, RRB, and all PSC Examinations.
To Get Topic Wise Monthly Current Affairs PDF Join Our Whatsapp Group….
Whatsapp Group Click Here
International Summit & Conference:
India sets the tone at COP meetings of Basel, Rotterdam and Stockholm conventions held in Geneva.
- The joint meetings of three conventions such as fourteenth meeting of the Conference of the Parties (COP) to Basel Convention was held along with the ninth meeting of the COP to Rotterdam Convention and the ninth meeting of the COP to Stockholm Convention. The theme of the meetings this year was “Clean Planet, Healthy People: Sound Management of Chemicals and Waste”.
SCO Foreign Ministers meet in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj will attend the meeting of Council of Foreign Ministers of Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. The meeting will exchange views on topical issues of international and regional importance.
- This is the second Council of Foreign Ministers meeting that India is attending as a full member of SCO.
Second SCO Mass Media Forum at Bishkek
- The Second Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) Mass Media Forum is being held at Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan from 23-26 May, 2019. A Delegation from I&B Ministry comprising of Shri TVK Reddy, Addl. Director General and Shri Ankur Lahoty, Asst. Director is representing India at the Forum. The Forum was inaugurated by the President of Kyrgyz Republic Mr. S. Jeenbeko.
BIMSTEC leaders hold bilateral meetings with Indian PM
- In the first of a series of bilateral meetings with foreign leaders lined up, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had a warm meeting with President of Sri Lanka Maithripala Sirisena, at Hyderabad House in New Delhi.
- Mr Modi will also hold bilateral meetings with Nepal Prime Minister K P Sharma Oli, and Bhutan Prime Minister Lotay Tshering and Prime Minister of Mauritius Pravind Kumar Jugnauth.
National Summit / Conference:
Asia’s largest content marketing event CMS Asia comes to Mumbai
- Content Marketing Summit Asia 2019- the largest ‘not-for-profit’ summit across JAPAC driven by the marketing community in Asia is all set to be held on 8th May 2019 at the Taj Lands End, Mumbai, India.
MNRE holds ‘Chintan Baithak’ with the stakeholders of Renewable Energy (RE) sector
- Ministry of New & Renewable Energy (MNRE) held a ‘Chintan Baithak’ with the stakeholders of Renewable Energy sector. The ‘Baithak’ (meet) was chaired by Secretary, MNRE, Shri Anand Kumar and saw good participation from Renewable Energy (RE) sector including the representatives of major RE developers, equipment manufacturers, financers, regulators, think-tanks, industry bodies and skill developers.
India to co-chair Consultative Group (CG) of GFDRR
- India is unanimously chosen as co-chair of the Consultative Group (CG) of Global Facility for Disaster Reduction and Recovery (GFDRR) for the fiscal year 2020. The decision was taken during the CG meeting of GFDRR held in Geneva, Switzerland on the margins of the 6th Session of the Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction (GPDRR) 2019.
National Training Workshop of Master Trainers for 7th Economic Census
- 7th Edition of Economic Census, a National Training Workshop of the Master Trainers was organized by the Ministry of Statistics and Program Implementation (MoSPI) at India Habitat Center in the national capital. 7th Economic Census -2019 is being conducted by MoSPI.
ICAT Organized International Seminar on Noise, Vibration and Harshness
- International Centre for Automotive Technology (ICAT) organized an international seminar-cum-workshop on Automotive Noise, Vibration and Harshness (iNVH) on 23rd – 24thMay, 2019 at ICAT, Manesar.
I&B Ministry to organize Special Interactive Session with Mr. John Bailey
- In a major initiative to explore possibilities of collaboration, Ministry of Information & Broadcasting is organizing a Special Interactive Session with Mr. John Bailey, President of Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences on 28th May at Siri Fort, New Delhi.
To Follow Channel – Click Here
Whatsapp Group Click Here
Telegram Channel Click Here