Summit and Conference in October 2019
In this we have given, October Month Summits and Conference 2019 Theme and other important events held on that day. This is very important for all Competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, RRB, and all PSC Examinations.
To Get Topic Wise Monthly Current Affairs PDF Join Our Whatsapp Group….
Whatsapp Group Click Here
MNRE to organize Global Student Solar Assembly
- To commemorate 150th Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi and to promote the Gandhian idea of sustainable living, the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy in association with IIT Bombay, is organizing the Global Student Solar Assembly on 2nd October 2019.
- This Workshop aims at sensitizing young minds about energy sustainability and environmental care.
Week-Long IPCC Meet on Climate Change begins in New Delhi
- India is hosting the Second Lead Author Meeting of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Working Group III Sixth Assessment Report at New Delhi, beginning 30th September to 4th October 2019.
- The Sixth Assessment Report (AR6) will examine topics such as the link between consumption and behavior and greenhouse gas emissions, and the role of innovation and technology.
First National Hindi Science writers conference begins today in Lucknow
- In Uttar Pradesh, the first 2-day long National Hindi Science writers conference will start today in Lucknow with an aim to release science writing from the clutches of English and to promote use of Hindi and other Vernacular languages.
- More than one thousand science writers from across the country are expected to take part in this conference
13th Conference of Central Council of Health and Family Welfare
- Union Minister for Health & Family Welfare Dr. Harsh Vardhan inaugurates the 13th Conference of the Central Council of Health and Family Welfare (CCHFW), during the conference he also launched Surakshit Matritva Aashwasan, SUMAN, initiative in New Delhi.
3-day India International Cooperative Trade Fair
- A three-day India International Cooperative Trade Fair will be held in New Delhi from 11th of this month. The first-ever such fair is aimed at promoting cooperative to cooperative trade within India and abroad leading to enhanced rural and farm prosperity.
- This will be India’s first and the largest international cooperatives trade fair promising to usher in a new era of cooperative excellence. The fair is expected to evolve a conducive environment for co-operative trade in the global arena.
Conference on One Nation One Fastag
- Shri Nitin Gadkari, Union Minister of Road Transport & Highways and Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises inaugurated a conference on One Nation One FASTag in New Delhi. The conference saw the signing of MoUs with state departments / other agencies for bringing in a unified electronic tolling solution across the country.
17th Meeting of Maritime States Development Council
- The Ministry of Shipping is working on a plan to develop a National Grid for Ports based on synergy between the Major and Minor ports in the country. Shri Mansukh Mandaviya, MoS (I/C) for Shipping and MoS Chemical and Fertilizers announced this while addressing the media after the 17th Meeting of Maritime States Development Council (MSDC) in New Delhi today.
- MSDC is an apex advisory body for the development of the Maritime sector and aims to ensure integrated development of Major and non-Major Ports. The MSDC was constituted in May, 1997.
41st DRDO Directors’ Conference
- Defence Minister Shri Rajnath Singh inaugurated the 41st DRDO Directors’ Conference at DRDO Bhawan in New Delhi. The Conference is an annual event, where a number of brainstorming sessions are planned over two days.
- He appreciated the DRDO for achieving the 100 days’ target and identifying milestones to commemorate 75 years of Independence and the roadmap for 5 years.
Third India Energy Forum by CERAWeek
- The India Ministerial Dialogue was held at third India Energy Forum by CERAWeek in New Delhi. Minister of Petroleum &Natural Gas& Steel Shri Dharmendra Pradhan said that Energy sector will be fueling India’s journey towards the goal of a 5 trillion dollar economy.
- CERAWeek is an annual energy conference organized by the information and insights company IHS Markit in Houston, Texas. CERAWeek India Energy Forum Partners help to build a culture of idea exchange, learning, and relationship-building between industry, government and society to secure the global energy future.
20th All India Conference of Directors of Fingerprint Bureaus
- The Minister of State for Home, Shri G. Kishan Reddy inaugurated the 20th All India Conference of Directors of Fingerprint Bureaus, being organised by NCRB in New Delhi.
- Addressing the gathering, the MoS, Shri Reddy highlighted the importance of fingerprints in crime investigation and appreciated the efforts of NCRB in rolling out the National Automated Fingerprint Identification System (NAFIS), a network based pan India system for recording and sharing of fingerprints of criminals in various crimes.
Army Commanders Conference
- The October iteration of the Army Commander’s conference was conducted in Delhi from 14-18 Oct 19.
- All important and relevant issues including operational readiness of the field formation, training to meet present and futuristic operational needs, issues relating higher defence management including aspects of organizational restructuring & reforms, aspects around the most important resource of the Army “the Man” were among the various aspects that were debated among the top leadership of the Army.
11th Nuclear Energy Conclave
- Dr Jitendra Singh inaugurated 11th Nuclear Energy Conclave in New Delhi. Government has diversified the applications of nuclear energy in various social fields, says Minister.
- Theme of the Conclave: “Economics of Nuclear Power- Innovation towards Safer & Cost Effective Technologies
First MeitY Start-up Summit
- Union Minister of Law & Justice, Communications and Electronics & Information Technology, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad had unveiled a series of new initiatives by Ministry of Electronics & Information (MeitY) in the first MeitY Start-up Summit held at New Delhi.
- He said that under JAM Trinity 1.24 billion Aadhar cards, 1.2 billion mobile phones are riding its own story of success in the digital inclusion. eNam, e-Visas, Digital payments all have shown tremendous maturity and growth.
First “Global Bio-India 2019” Summit
- The Global Bio-India 2019, one of the largest biotechnology stakeholders conglomerate will be held for the first time in India at New Delhi from 21st to 23rd November, 2019.
- The DBT, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India along with its Public Sector Undertaking, Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) is organizing this event.
Regional Labour conference
- Regional Labour Conference was held in Bhubaneswar. Minister of State for Labour and Employment Shri Santosh Kumar Gangwar said that ‘Labour’ comes under Concurrent list and Central and State Governments makes coordinated efforts for welfare of workers.
- Regional Conferences help in creating better coordination between Central and State Governments.
Goa Maritime Conclave begins
- Goa Maritime Conclave started in Goa.National Security Advisor Ajit Doval was the chief guest for the inaugural event of the Conclave. Indian Navy through the Naval War College, Goa is hosting this Conclave.
- Theme for the Conclave is ‘Common Maritime Priorities in Indian ocean Region and need for Regional Maritime Security.
Dr. Harsh Vardhan inaugurates National Symposium on the theme ‘United to Eliminate Lymphatic Filariasis’
- “Planning, commitment, vision, societal involvement and past experiences can help us achieve our goal of eliminating Lymphatic Filariasis from the country by 2021” said Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Health & Family Welfare as he inaugurated the day long National Symposium on the theme ‘United to Eliminate Lymphatic Filariasis’in New Delhi.
- India is committed to eliminate two of these NTDs – Lymphatic Filariasis (Hathipaon) and Visceral Leishmaniases (Kala-Azar) that put the future of our children at high risk.”
Second Annual Defence Dialogue with France
- Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh, who is currently on a visit to France, held the Second India-France Ministerial level Annual Defence Dialogue with his French counterpart, the Minister for the Armed Forces Ms. Florence Parly on October 8th in Paris.
Second Informal Summit between PM Modi, Chinese Prez Xi Jinping
- Mamallapuram in Tamil Nadu is getting decked up for the second informal meeting between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and China’s President Xi Jinping on October 11 & 12. After the success of first informal meeting between the two leaders in Wuhan in April 2018, this meet has raised the expectations of exploring new possibilities.
- The old seaport town of Mahabalipuram, now known as Mamallapuram, is a UNESCO World Heritage site and the meeting between the two leaders can open the doors for exploring the historical and cultural connection between Mamallapuram and China.
19th Indo-Swedish Joint Commission
- Commerce and Industry & Railways Minister, Piyush Goyal, said that India and Sweden enjoy a strong relationship and excellent cooperation in regional and international fora. Piyush Goyal is visiting Stockholm for the 19th Indo – Swedish Joint Commission for Economic, Industrial and Scientific Cooperation.
BRICS Culture Ministers’ Meet
- Union Minister of State for Culture and Tourism (Independent charge) Shri Prahlad Singh Patel participated in BRICS Culture Ministers’ meeting held in Curitiba, Brazil.
- One such event namely joint exhibition titled Bonding Regions & Imagining Cultural Synergies is being hosted by National Gallery of Modern Arts of India under the auspices of the BRICS Alliance of Museums and Art Galleries during November-December, 2019
India – Bangladesh Business forum meets in New Delhi
- India – Bangladesh Business forum began in New Delhi. Bangladesh is India’s biggest trade partner in South Asia. Bilateral trade between India and Bangladesh has grown steadily over the last decade.
- India’s exports to Bangladesh for the financial year 2018-19 (April-March) stood at USD 9.21 billion and imports from Bangladesh for the same period stood at USD 1.22 billion.
Two-day stakeholders’ meet between India and Bangladesh
- The Assam government will be hosting a two-day stakeholders’ meeting between India and Bangladesh from 22nd of this month in Guwahati.
- A 70-member delegation from Bangladesh, including two Central ministers and two advisors of the Prime Minister, will be participating in the meet. A similar top-level team from India, including Union ministers, will represent the host nation.
Asia Health- 2019 Conference
- The Asia Health-2019 conference was held in New Delhi. Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) is organizing the first edition of the ASIA HEALTH 2019 from 16 -19 October 2019.
- ASIA HEALTH 2019 is envisaged as a unique health platform converging multiple stake holders in the Health ecosystem to deliberate and discuss the future of Health.
Next G7 summit
- S. President Donald Trump will host next year’s Group of Seven economic summit of developed world leaders at one of his own properties, the Trump National Doral golf resort near Miami, a White House official said. White House acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney told reporters the summit would take place at Doral on June 10-12, 2020.
US-India Strategic Partnership Forum (USISPF)
- Commerce and Industry & Railways Minister, Piyush Goyal addressed the US-India Strategic Partnership Forum (USISPF) in New Delhi. During the interaction Piyush Goyal said that Indo-US relationship is at their best ever now and trade relations between the two countries have a huge potential which is yet to be tapped.
- The US-India Strategic Partnership Forum (USISPF) is a non-profit organization, with the primary objective of strengthening the India-US bilateral and strategic partnership through policy advocacy in the fields of economic growth, entrepreneurship, employment-creation, and innovation.
XVIII NAM Summit in Baku, Azerbaijan
- The Vice President, Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu will lead the Indian delegation at the XVIII Summit of Heads of State and Government of the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) to be held at Baku, Azerbaijan on 25-26 October.
- The theme for the XVIII NAM Summit is “Upholding the Bandung Principles to ensure concerted and adequate response to the challenges of contemporary world”. The Ten Principles of Bandung, a political statement encapsulating the need to promote world peace and cooperation were formulated at the Asian-African Conference in 1955.
29th BASIC Ministerial Meet on Climate Change
- The Union Minister for Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEF&CC), Shri Prakash Javadekar participated in the 29th ministerial meeting of the BASIC (Brazil, South Africa, India, China) countries on Climate Change at Beijing, China on 25th-26th October 2019.
- The 29th BASIC Ministerial Meeting on Climate Change was held in Beijing, China, on 25th-26th October 2019.
2nd Assembly of International Solar Alliance (ISA)
- The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy hosted the second Assembly of International Solar Alliance (ISA) on 30 and 31 October 2019 New Delhi. While on 30 October 2019, coordination and consultation meetings on different aspects of ISA programmes and initiatives was held.
- The Assembly is the supreme decision making body of the ISA, and gives directions on various administrative, financial and programme related issues. The first Assembly of the ISA was attended by 78 countries in 2018, and they had affirmed their determination to accelerate the deployment of solar energy worldwide for achieving universal energy access at affordable rates.
2019 All Current Affairs Capsule Download – Click Here
General Knowledge Study Materials – Click Here for Download
All subject Study Materials – Click Here for Download
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|