SSC CHSL Exam Pattern:
Staff Selection Commission’s (SSC) conducted Combined Higher Secondary Level (10+2) Exam for the posts of Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA), Postal Assistant (PA)/ Sorting Assistant (SA) and Data Entry Operator (DEO). The SSC – Combined Higher Secondary Level tabulated below will be very helpful for the applicants for their preparation. By referring the Exam pattern, candidates can get the details of the subjects to be prepared for the exam .
- Computer Based Examination: Tier-I (Objective Type):
[table “84” not found /]
- Time Duration is 60 minutes for all four parts .
- For VH/ OH (afflicted by Cerebral Palsy and OH with deformity in writing hand (Pl. see Para 7 of notice).- 80 Minutes
- There will be negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer.
2.Tier-II (Descriptive Paper):
Tier-II Paper will be a descriptive Paper of 100 Marks in Pen and Paper Mode in the duration of the paper would be for one hour. The Paper would comprise writing of an Essay of 200-250 words and Letter/ Application of approximately 150-200 words. The minimum qualifying marks in Tier-II would be 33 per cent.
3.Tier III (Typing Test/ Skill Test)
i. Skill Test for Data Entry Operator:
The Speed of 8000 key depressions per hour on Computer will be adjudged on the basis of the correct entry of words key depressions as per the given passage and the duration of the said Test will be 15 (Fifteen) minutes and printed matter in English containing about 2000-2200 strokes/key-depressions would be given to each candidate who would enter the same in the Computer.
- The “Data Entry Speed” Skill Test would be of qualifying nature.
- Candidates allowed to take this test, will have to qualify the test at the prescribed speed on Computer, to be provided by the Commission or the agency authorized by the Commission to conduct such skill test at the Centre/venue so notified.
ii. Typing Test for LDC/ JSA & PA/ SA:
Typing Test will be conducted for those candidates who qualify in the Written Examination. Such Typing Test will be conducted in English or Hindi and candidates while applying for the Examination, will have to indicate his/her choice/option for Skill Test Medium in the Application Form.
- Candidates opting for English medium should have typing speed of 35 words per minute and those opting for Hindi medium should have typing speed of 30 words per minute.
- The speed will be adjudged on the accuracy of typing on the Computer of a given text passage in 10 minutes. Visually Handicapped candidates (with 40% disability and above) will be allowed 30 minutes.
- 35 w.p.m. and 30 w.p.m. corresponds to 10500 key depressions per hour/9000 key depressions per hour respectively.