International Literacy Day
- September 8 was declared International Literacy Day by UNESCO on October 26, 1966 at 14th session of UNESCO’s General conference.
- It was celebrated for the first time in 1967.
- Its aim is to highlight the importance of literacy to individuals, communities and societies.
- Celebrations of International Literacy Day have included specific themes, in line with Education For All goals and other United Nations programs such as the United Nations Literacy Decade.
- The celebration’s theme for 2007 and 2008 was “Literacy and Health”, with prizes awarded to organizations at the forefront of health education.
- For 2009-2010 the emphasis was placed on “Literacy and Empowerment”, with special consideration to Gender Equality and the empowerment of women.
- The theme of the 2011-2012 celebrations is “Literacy and Peace”.
National Eye Donation Day
- The National Eye Donation Fortnight is celebrated every year from 25th August to 8th September.
- National Eye Donation is used to celebrate to focus on the Eye Donation to the needy people who are suffering from the lack of Eye to see the Natural Environment.
- It is good to get the Eyes of that person who has a better Eyes to see clearly without any problem.
- One has to keep their Eyes better and do a lot of things to safeguard their eyes for the better future.
- The government has started many of the Camps for the people who are suffering from Eye Blindness.
- It is very Important for every people to handle and manage every task with a proper Eyes with them.
- There are many Eye Donation Camps which are organised by the Government to give every people the chance to get them Eyes from the people who donate their Eyes for the needy people.
World First Aid Day
- World First Aid Day is a global observance held on the second Saturday in September.
- It was instituted by the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) in 2000 and has been celebrated each year ever since.
- The term “first aid” refers to the assistance given to anyone suffering a sudden injury or illness.
- Its main goals are to preserve life and prevent the condition from worsening.
- In emergency situations, ordinary people often have to perform first aid to save someone’s life.
- World First Aid Day aims at raising awareness of how first aid can prevent injuries and save lives in everyday and crisis situations, as well as at promoting the accessibility of the first aid.
- Every year, a new global theme for the day is chosen, and participants are encouraged to plan events according to the current year’s theme.
To know Daily events of September Month
To Know All Daily Events – Click Here
Important Links for Competitive Exam: