Birth Anniversary of Sarat Chandra Bose
- Sarat Chandra Bose was an Indian Freedom fighter and the elder brother of Subhas Chandra bose.
- He was Born on September 06,1889 in Calcutta.
- In 1936, Bose became the president of the Bengal Pradesh Congress Committee, and served as a member of the All India Congress Committee from 1936 to 1947.
- From 1946 to 1947, Bose would lead the Congress delegation to the Central Legislative Assembly.
- He strongly supported the formation of the Indian National Army by Subhas Chandra Bose, and actively participated in the Quit India movement.
- Following his brother’s reported death in 1945, Bose would lead efforts to provide relief and aid to the families of INA soldiers through the INA Defence and Relief Committee.
- In 1946, he was appointed Member of the Interim Government for Works, Mines and Powers – the position of a minister in a national executive council led by Jawaharlal Nehru and Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, and presided over by the Viceroy of India.
In January 2014, Sarat Chandra Bose Memorial Lecture was instituted and the maiden lecture was delivered by international historian Leonard A. Gordon, who has penned a joint biography of Sarat and his younger brother Subhas, titled Brothers Against The Raj. A statue of Sarat Chandra Bose is situated beside Calcutta High Court.
- He died on 20th February 1950
To know Daily events of September Month
To Know All Daily Events – Click Here
Important Links for Competitive Exam:
|Youtube Channel||Click Here|
|Whatsapp Group||Click Here|
|Telegram Group||Click Here|