World Nurses Day
- International Nurses Day 2019 theme: This year national nurses day 2019 theme is “Nursing: The Balance of Mind, Body, and Spirit”
- International Nurses Day (IND) is an international day observed around the world on 12 May (the anniversary of Florence Nightingale’s birth) of each year, to mark the contributions that nurses make to society.
- This day is celebrated especially for the Honour of the Nurses.
- The International Council of Nurses (ICN) has celebrated this day since 1965.
- In January 1974, 12 May was chosen to celebrate the day as it is the anniversary of the birth of Florence Nightingale, the founder of modern nursing.
- she was the give best medical service for the people and the soldiers who suffered during the war.
Jiddu Krishnamurthi BirthDay
- He was born on May 12, 1895.
- He was a philosopher, speaker and writer.
- Krishnamurthi continued speaking in public lectures, group discussions and with concerned individuals around the world
- He constantly stressed the need for a revolution in the psyche of every human being and emphasised that such revolution cannot be brought about by any external entity be it religious, political, or social.
- He met with people in many countries and delivered lectures and discussions.
- He was shortly known as JK and he was adopted by the Theosophical Society
Annie Besant who was announced as the future head of the Theosophical Society.
- However, J Krishnamurthy then abandoned that the policy and made a voluntary policy.
He said that man could transform himself by observing the thoughts and feelings that he had in everyday life.
- He died on February 17, 1986.
Florence Nightingale Birth Day
- She was born on May 12, 1820.
- She was an England social reformer and statistician and the founder of modern Nursing.
- Nightingale came to prominence while serving as a manager of nurses trained by her during the Crimean War, where she organised the tending to wounded soldiers.
- She gave nursing a highly favorable reputation and became an icon of Victorian culture, especially in the persona of “The Lady with the Lamp” making rounds of wounded soldiers at night.
- She was called the Lady with the Lamp.
- World Nurses Day is celebrated on the day of Florence Nightingale’s birthday.
- KLM airline holds the name of Florence Nightingale for their M & D (MD) -11 aircraft.
- Four hospitals in Istanbul are named after Nightingale.
- “Florence Nightingale” Gold Award provided for Best Nurse of the Country.
- She died on August 13, 1910.
To Know All Daily Events – Click Here
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|