Important Events Of February – 20
- 1792 – The Postal Service Act, establishing the United States Post Office Department, is signed by United States President George Washington.
- 1872 – The Metropolitan Museum of Art opens in New York City.
- 1956 – The United States Merchant Marine Academy becomes a permanent Service Academy.
- 1986 – The Soviet Union launches its Mir spacecraft. Remaining in orbit for 15 years, it is occupied for ten of those years.
- 2009 – Two Tamil Tigers aircraft packed with C4 explosives en route to the national airforce headquarters are shot down by the Sri Lankan military before reaching their target, in a kamikaze style attack.
World Day of Social Justice
- Social Equality Justice day is a day recognizing the need to promote efforts to tackle issues such as poverty, exclusion and unemployment.
- Many organizations, including the UN, American Library Association (ALA), and the International Labour Office, make statements on the importance of social justice for people.
- Many organizations also present plans for greater social justice by tackling poverty, social and economic exclusion and unemployment. The United Nations General Assemblyhas decided to observe 20 February annually, approved on 26 November 2007 and starting in 2009, as the World Day of Social Justice.
- The Declaration focuses on guaranteeing fair outcomes for all through employment, social protection, social dialogue, and fundamental principles and rights.
“Workers on the move: the quest for social justice”
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|