Important Events of December – 05
Selvi J. Jayaliltha Memorial Day
She was Born on February 24, 1948.
- She was an Indian politician and film actor who served five terms as the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu for over fourteen years between 1991 and 2016. From 1989 she was the general secretary of the All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK), a Dravidian party whose cadre revered her as their Amma (mother), Puratchi Thalaivi (revolutionary leader) and Thanga Tharagai (golden maiden).
- In 1991 Jayalalitha became chief minister, Tamil Nadu’s youngest, for the first time. She earned a reputation for a punishing work ethic and for centralising state power among a coterie of bureaucrats; her council of ministers, whom she often shuffled around, were largely ceremonial in nature. The successful cradle-baby scheme, which enabled mothers to anonymously offer their newborns for adoption, emerged during this time. Despite an official salary of only a rupee a month.
She was died on December 05, 2016 at the age of 68.
Kalki Krishnamurthy Memorial Day
He was Born on September 09, 1899.
- He was better known by his pen name Kalki, was a Tamil writer, journalist, poet, critic and Indian independence activist. His writings include over 120 short stories, 10 novellas, 5 novels, 3 historical romances, editorial and political writings and hundreds of film and music reviews.
- Kalki considered Alai Osai, which was serialised in Kalki in 1948–49 and published as a book in 1963, as his best. The novel won him the Sahitya Akademi Award posthumously in 1956. Set at the time of Indian Independence Struggle, the book revolves around how the life of people living at that time and place are influenced by various fluctuations in Indian Society.
- Kalki was also a film and music critic who wrote under the pseudonym Karnatakam. He also penned many lyrics for many songs, most of which were adapted into Carnatic Music
He was died on December 05, 1954 at the age of 55.
Walt Disney Birth Day
He was Born on December 05, 1901.
- He was an American entrepreneur, animator, voice actor and film producer. A pioneer of the American animation industry, he introduced several developments in the production of cartoons. As a film producer, Disney holds the record for most Academy Awards earned by an individual, having won 22 Oscars from 59 nominations. He was presented with two Golden Globe Special Achievement Awards and an Emmy Award, among other honors.
- To replace Oswald, Disney and Iwerks developed Mickey Mouse, possibly inspired by a pet mouse that Disney had adopted while working in his Laugh-O-Gram studio, although the origins of the character are unclear. Disney’s original choice of name was Mortimer Mouse, but Lillian thought it too pompous, and suggested Mickey instead. Disney provided Mickey’s voice until 1947. In the words of one Disney employee, “Ub designed Mickey’s physical appearance, but Walt gave him his soul.
He was Died on December 16, 1966.
To Know All Daily Events – Click Here
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|