Important Events of December – 14
National Energy Conservation Day – India
- The National Energy Conservation Day is being celebrated every year on December 14 since 1991. The Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE), under Ministry of Power spearheads the celebrations every year.
- Energy conservation is the effort taken to reduce the use / consumption of energy.
- Its important to save energy as most of our energy is created through non renewable sources and are getting depleted. Reduction / conservation will help reduce the burden on these resources and also helps reduce the impact on the environment. If every one follows and implements conservation techniques.. it would help reduce the impact of global warming.
Some key points to help conservation of energy:
- Be more conscious and adjust your day to day behaviour
- Switch off equipment when not in use
- Increase use natural lighting
- Reduce dependency on air conditioning where possible
- Use efficient equipment and appliances
- Reduce un-necessary wastage
- Automation of systems will help improve energy savings
- Use resources judiciously.