Important Current Affairs Oneliner – June 23 & 24, 2019
- June 23 – United Nations Public Service Day
- June 23 – OLYMPIC DAY
- June 24 – International Widows’ Day
- The government has developed a National Strategic Plan with the goal for ending Tuberculosis (TB) by 2025.
- Government set up 713 Krishi Vigyan Kendras to double farmers’ income by 2022.
- Shri Hardeep Singh Puri, Minister of State (I/c) for Civil Aviation inaugurated the Air Traffic Flow Management – Central Command Centre at Vasant Kunj, New Delhi.
- Justice Raghvendra Singh Chauhan was sworn-in as Chief Justice of Telangana High Court in Hyderabad.
- Tripura state government imparts training to rural women on making bamboo based handicrafts.
- In a bid to improve attendance in schools in Odisha government has decided to provide transportation cost to students who stay more than a kilometre away from their schools.
- In Jammu and Kashmir, Mata Vaishno Devi shrine will get a dedicated in-house disaster response force by September next year.
- United States unveiled a 50 billion dollar global investment plan for the Palestinians under the Middle East peace plan.
- The ruling Awami League of Bangladesh celebrated its 70th founding day on June 23.
- Saudi Arabia launched a new special residency scheme aimed at luring wealthy expats as the petro-state seeks to boost non-oil revenue.
- A floating device designed to catch plastic waste has been redeployed to clean up an island of trash swirling in the Pacific Ocean between California and Hawaii.
- Reserve Bank of India Deputy Governor Viral Acharya has resigned from his position six months before the end of his term, according to sources in the central bank.
- The National Small Industries Corporation signed an MoU with Common Service Centres (CSC) e-Governance Services India in New Delhi.
- Indian women’s hockey team beat Asian Games champions and hosts Japan 3-1 in the summit clash of the FIH Series Finals in Hiroshima.
- The International Olympic Committee(IOC) formally opened its new headquarters in Lausanne, Switzerland, exactly 125 years after the Olympic Games were revived.
- The Indian women’s rugby team claimed a historic first-ever international Rugby 15s victory with a 21-19 win over Singapore to finish third in the Asia Women’s – Division 1 Rugby XVs Championship in Manila.
- Paris aims to give visitors to the 2024 Paris Olympics a flying start by offering airborne taxis to tournament sites straight from the airport.
To Follow Channel – Click Here
For WhatsAPP Group – Click Here