Important Current Affairs November 29 One liner
November 29 – Commemoration across UAE
- University Grants Commission, UGC has decided to set up a Consortium of Academic and Research Ethics (CARE) which will prepare a fresh list of credible quality journals in the non-science disciplines.
- In Uttar Pradesh, the first training centre in the country for eco skilled Ganga Mitras started at Banaras Hindu University.
- EU sets goal to be ‘climate neutral’ by 2050.
- South Korea conducted a rocket engine test launch, paving the way for the development of its own space launch vehicle.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation’s (ISRO) Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV-C43) successfully launched 31 satellites from Sriharikota.
- 31 Satellite includes India’s Hyper-Spectral Imaging Satellite (HysIS) and 30 foreign satellites.
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley to present interim Budget for 2019-20 fiscal on 1st of February next year.
- The UN Food and Agricultural Organisation (FAO) renewed appeals for better policies and technologies to reach ‘zero hunger’ around the world.
- The three – day ‘South Asia Regional Youth Peace Conference’ was inaugurated by Mr ShriKrishna G Kulkarni, great grandson of Mahatma Gandhi at New Delhi.
- Dutch government offers help to Mumbai Port Trust to for its dockyard redevelopment and digital technology projects in Mumbai.
- Arvind Saxena – Chairman of the Union Public Service Commission
- 8 States have achieved 100% saturation in household electrification under Saubhagya namely Madhya Pradesh, Tripura, Bihar, J&K, Mizoram, Sikkim, Telangana and West Bengal.
- Nation expected to achieve 100% household electrification by 31st December, 2018.
- The government has launched a unique initiative called Bhasha Sangam to introduce school students to 22 Indian languages.
- In Uttar Pradesh, 11 days long INDRA 2018 joint military exercise between India and Russia culminated at Babina Military station, Jhansi.