Important Current Affairs November 25,26 One liner
November 25 – International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
2018 Theme – “Orange the World: #HearMeToo”
- The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, inaugurated the Constitution Day celebrations to mark the anniversary of the adoption of our Constitution on November 26, 1949.
- Union Minister of State for Home Affairs, Shri Kiren Rijiju, to inaugurate the 14th Formation Day of the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA).
- 2018 Theme – “Early Warning for Disasters”.
- The National Festival for Children of Child Care Institutions (CCIs)- “Hausla 2018” of the Ministry of Women and Child Development (MWCD) was inaugurated by the Secretary, Shri Rakesh Srivastava, in New Delhi.
- 2018 theme – “Child Safety”.
- To keep vanishing tribal languages in circulation, the Odisha government has come out with lexicons of 21 such languages.
- Vice-President Venkaiah Naidu to lay the foundation stone for the construction of the Gurdwara Darbar Sahib at Kartarpur in Pakistan on November 26.
- The leaders of the 27 other European Union members states approved the terms of a historic Brexit deal with Britain, at a special summit in Brussels.
- Britain will leave the EU on March 29, 2019.
- On the 10th anniversary of the Mumbai terror attack, U.S. announces $5 million reward for information leading to the arrest or conviction of any individual who was involved in planning or facilitating the 2008 Mumbai attack.
- Taiwanese reject gay marriage.
- For processing interest subvention on bank loans to beneficiaries under Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM) named “PAiSA – Portal for Affordable Credit and Interest Subvention Access” was launched.
- Preeti Sudan, Union Health Secretary did soft-launch of the Integrated Disease Surveillance Programme (IDSP) segment of Integrated Health Information Platform (IHIP) in seven states.
- e-pashuhat portal is playing a crucial role in connecting farmers, breeders and other agencies to trade in disease-free germplasm, namely live animals, frozen semen and embryos.
- INDUSCHIP has been developed for genomic selection of indigenous breeds and 6000 dairy animals have been genetically evaluated using it.
- Anirban Lahiri and Gaganjeet Bhullar are tied-10th in the Melbourne World Cup of Golf.
- Sameer Verma won the title at the Syed Modi International World Tour Super 300 in Lucknow.
- Former champion Saina Nehwal defeated in women’s singles summit clash.
- India beats Australia by six wickets in the 3rd T20 to square T20 series 1-1.
- Australia won its fourth Women’s World Twenty20 championship after defeating England in the final.
- Indian gymnast Dipa Karmarkar claimed a bronze medal at the vault event of the Artistic Gymnastics World Cup in Cottbus, Germany.
- India’s C.A. Bhavani Devi made history by becoming the first Indian to win the gold medal in the senior Commonwealth fencing championship.