Important Current Affairs May 3, 2018 – One Liner
May 3 – World Press Freedom Day
Theme :- ‘Keeping Power in Check: Media, Justice and The Rule of Law’
- The United Nations General Assembly declared May 3 as World Press Freedom Day.UNESCO will lead the 25th celebration of World Press Freedom Day.
- Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan), Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment will organize a Cochlear Implant Awareness Programme on 6th May, 2018 at Huda Convention Centre, Sector-12, Faridabad (Haryana).
- The cabinet has decided to make a recommendation to the governor to promulgate an ordinance to rename the North Maharashtra University as ‘Kaviyatri Bahinabai Chaudhari North Maharashtra University’.
- The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has achieved another milestone of having signed its 200th Unilateral Advance Pricing Agreement (UAPA).
- A labour ministry statement said ‘View Pension Passbook‘ service for pensioners will be available through Umang app.
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development will hold National Conference of 244 Districts under Beti Bachao Beti Padhao (BBBP) in New Delhi on 05.05.2018.
- A North Eastern Cultural and Information Centre will come up in Delhi
- The ‘Vibrant North East 2018’ an event organised by Delhi-based NGO, Centre for Agriculture and Rural Development (CARD), in which people would be made aware of central government’s schemes and programmes.
- This will be the fourth edition of the ‘Vibrant North East’ expo in Guwahati.
- The Defence Planning Committee (DPC) held its first meeting on 3.05.2018 chaired by National Security Advisor Ajit Doval which was attended by the three military chiefs, and defence, foreign and expenditure secretaries.
- Wipro Consumer Care and Lighting, a unit of India’s third largest software exporter, plans to set up manufacturing plants in Telangana and another one in Guangzhou, China, to be operational by the financial year 2020.
- Cognizant has acquired privately-held Hedera Consulting.
- The Reserve Bank, in consultation with Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), has decided to put in place a new system for monitoring foreign investment limits.
- A newly updated version of the humble glass microscope slide can now enable scientists to see tiny objects while also measuring their temperature.
- Department of Science & Technology (DST), one of the three departments of Ministry of Science & Technology, was established on 03rd May, 1971.
- According to the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC), the plastic glittering material and the other charged chemicals are low intensity explosive and often composed of red-phosphorous, potassium chlorate and potassium perchlorate harmful to health and environment.
- Cricket Australia has chosen Justin Langer as its new head coach.