May 24 Current Affairs
May 24 – World Schizophrenia Day
- Prime Minister Modi will inaugurate the Bangladesh Bhavan, a symbol of the cultural ties between India and Bangladesh at Santi Niketan.The Prime Minister of Bangladesh, Ms. Sheikh Hasina, will be present at this event.
- Ministry of Culture is organising the 9th edition of the Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav under the Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat, in Tehri, Uttarakhand from 25th May to 27th May, 2018.
- Prime Minister of Netherlands Mark Rutte launched the ‘Clean Air India Initiative’ to curb air pollution in New Delhi.
- UNEP teams and experts from Tata Power recently reviewed the Maharashtra’s plans to retrofit and convert 8,000 State-run buses into battery driven vehicles.
- SIDBI to extend direct funding facility to Village Level Entrepreneurs (VLEs) in Common Service Centres (CSCs)
- Haryana signs 2 MoUs for revival of Sarasvati
- The Indian Institute of Technology – Madras has signed an MoU with the Airports Authority of India (AAI) for research on air navigation systems.
- The inaugural session of 5th India CLMV (Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam) Conclave was presided over by Deputy Prime Minister of Kingdom of Cambodia in Phnom Penh on 21-22 May 2018
- Joint Military Exercise SURYA KIRAN-XIII between India and Nepal will be conducted at Pithoragarh from 30 May to 12 June 2018.
- Ministry of HRD launches ‘SamagraSiksha’ scheme for holistic development of school education in New Delhi.
- Clarivate Analytics India Innovation Award 2018 – CSIR (Council of Scientific & Industrial Research).
- Nari Shakti Puraskar 2017 – INSV Tarini Team
- Airtel Payments Bank MD & CEO – Anubrata Biswas
- Former World Champion Tejaswini Sawant bagged the 50m rifle prone gold in the Grand Prix.