Important Current Affairs March 13, 2018 – One Liner
- French President Emmanuel Macron was on a four day official visit to India from 9th to 12th March 2018.
France is the 9th largest foreign investor in India.
India and France sign agreement in migration and mobility partnership agreement, Railways, logistics, maritime awareness mission.
First ever Indo – French knowledge summit held in Newdelhi.
Indo – French Centre for engineers inaugurated in Bengaluru.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the “End TB summit” in Newdelhi and launched “Tuberculosis free India campaign” to eradicate Tuberculosis (TB) from India by 2025.
- PM Modi launched Pradhan Mantri Poshan mission yojna to ensure nutrition to children, especially girls.
- First regional conference on Mass Rapid Transport systems for urban areas held in Kolkata.
- Maldives parliament approved the anti – defection bill with retrospective effect from 13th July 2017.
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) entered into an agreement with the RBI for increased cooperation in effective implementation of insolvency law.
- Suzlon energy announced the installation and commissioning of S128 claimed to be the largest wind Turbine Generator (WTG) in India first prototype of S128 has been commissioned at Sangameri, Tamilnadu.
- India attracts USD 209 billion FDI during April 2014 to December 2017.
- Ketzia David Prakasham has been presented the “Academy award for Nobel Peace from the USA.
- Odisha will host the senior National Table Tennis championship after 12 long years.
- Anindith Reddy was presented the “FMSCI national motor sports person of the year 2017” award at a function held in Chennai.