Important Current Affairs March 10,11 One liner
- Madhya Pradesh state government has issued an ordinance raising reservation for OBC to 27 per cent from the present 14 per cent.
- Nagaland launches 1st round polio immunization.
- Lok Sabha elections will be held in seven phases from April 11 to May 19.
- PM Modi, Bangladesh counterpart jointly inaugurate development projects.
- China protests US criticism of policies on religion.
- China and the United States have reached a consensus on many key issues, including exchange rates in Washington.
- North Koreans are voting to elect the country’s rubber-stamp Parliament, the second such election since Kim Jong-un took power.
- Vice President asserted that India will become a five trillion dollar economy and the third largest consumer market in the world by 2025.
- The Centre has approved two corridors of the Surat Metro project to be executed at an estimated cost of around 12,000 crore rupees.
- New visa agreement between Maldives & India comes into force.
- PM Modi was addressing the 50th Raising Day ceremony of CISF at Indirapuram in Ghaziabad district of Uttar Pradesh.
- Indian defence lab develops ‘combat drugs’ to reduce casualties in Pulwama type attacks, warfare.
- President Ram Nath Kovind conferred the Padma awards on prominent personalities at a civil investiture ceremony in Rashtrapati Bhawan.
Finland – 38th GeeBee Boxing tournament
- Gold Medal – Kavinder Singh Bisht [56kg]
- Silver Medal – Shiva Thapa [60kg], Govind Sahani, Mohammed Hussamuddin and Dinesh Dagar
- Bronze Medal – Sumit Sangwan, Sachin Siwach and Naveen Kumar
- In tennis, Prajnesh Gunneswaran achieved the biggest win of his career beating world number 18 Nikoloz Basilashvili at the Indian Wells ATP Masters event in the USA.