Important Current Affairs July 18 2018 – One liner
To Know 2018 Pocket Current Affairs Click Here
July 18 – Nelson Mandela International Day
- A rare rock art pertaining to the prehistoric period has been found on a boulder in the Noorukuppalakonda reserve forest of Madanapalle, Chittoor district, Andhra Pradesh.
- Minister for IT, BT, Science and Technology K.J. George inaugurated the ESDN/VLSI Incubation Centre at KLE Technological University.
- Minister for IT/BT and ST, Large and Medium Scale Industries, including Sugar, K.J. George inaugurated K-Tech Innovation Hub (K-TI Hubs) at Hanuman Nagar, Karanataka.
- Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh ideologue Rakesh Sinha, classical dancer Sonal Mansingh and sculptor Raghunath Mohapatra were among the seven new members of Rajya Sabha who took oath of office.
- The Women and Child Development (WCD) Ministry is set to move the cabinet to make all child marriages invalid.
- The Archaeological Survey of India will upgrade the infrastructural and tourist-friendly facilities at seven sites in Tamil Nadu and work is already on at the Shore Temple in Mamallapuram.
- British Prime Minister Theresa May narrowly survived another crunch Brexit vote in Parliament.
- The first 2+2 dialogue between Defence and Foreign Ministers of India and the U.S. will take place in September first week in New Delhi.
- The EU had slapped a record € 4.34-billion ($5.04 billion) antitrust fine on Google for illegally using its Android operating system to strengthen the dominance of its search engine.
ICC Batsmen ODI rankings
- 1) Virat Kohli – India 2) Joe Root – England 3) Babar Azam – Pakistan
- Additional Director General of Police (CID) Ch. Dwaraka Tirumala Rao – Vijayawada City Police Commissioner.
- MoU amongst BRICS Nations on the Regional Aviation Partnership Cooperation Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.
- MoU between India and Cuba on cooperation in the field of Traditional Systems of Medicine and Homeopathy.
- The Union Cabinet approved the Women and transgender convicts above 55 & male convicts over 60 who have completed half of their prison sentences will be released under an amnesty scheme to mark the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, beginning October 2.
- The Union Cabinet approved the policy framework to streamline production sharing contracts signed in the pre-New Exploration Licensing Policy (NELP) and NELP periods.
- A mobile app, ‘Public Library: Finding community libraries, was launched as a part of the first regional public library conference at the M.S. Swaminathan Research Foundation (MSSRF).
- With a best throw of 17m, India’s javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra claimed gold at the Sotteville Athletics meet in France.
- Viresh Kundu won bronze in the 97kg category at the junior Asian wrestling championships.
To Download Detailed Current Affairs Click Here