Important Current Affairs February 25, 2018 – One Liner
- Union commerce and Industry ministry has appointed four institutes, to interact and improving “Doing business ranking”. The institutes are Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT), Institute of Chartered Accounts of India (ICAI), National Institute of Construction Management and Research (NICMAR) and Institute of company secretaries of India (ICSI).
- 15th edition of Bio Asia, the annual flagship event of the government of Telegana held in Hyderabad, Telegana.
Theme: “RIGHT TIME, RIGHT NOW”
- Saudi Arabia hosts its first ever Jazz festival in Riyadh in the name of Groovz Jazz festival.
- State Bank of India (SBI) will be undertaking a major restructuring of its business in the United Kingdom (UK) form April 2018.
- Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) successfully flew its Rustom 2, a medium – altitude long endurance unmanned aerial vehicle in Karnataka.
- Indian scientists have discovered a new plant species named “Drypetes Kalamii” in Jaldapara and Buxa National park in West Bengal.
- India’s Parupalli Kashyap won the men’s singles title of the Austrian open international challenge in Vienna, Austria.
- Aruna Buddy Reddy became the first Indian gymnast to win an individual medal at the gymnastics world cup by bagging a bronze medal in the women’s vault event in Melbourne, Australia.
- Bhanu Kumar Shahtri founder member of Bhartiya Jana Sangh and former MP passed away recently.
- Bollywood star Sridevi passed away recently in Dubai.
- Central Excise day – February 24 observed all over India.