Important Current Affairs April 5, 2018 – One Liner
- Cabinet Approvals
- India and United Arab emirates on technical cooperation in Rail sector.
- India and Afghanistan for cooperation in the field of food safety and related areas.
- India and Iran on the establishment of an expert group on trade remedy measures.
- Global logistics summit was held in Newdelhi.
- Union civil aviation minister Suresh Prabhu inaugurated first flight from Delhi to Pathankot (in Punjab) at Indira Gandhi international Airport, Delhi.
- President Ramnath Govind addressed 34th annual session of FICCI ladies organization Newdelhi.
- Pinky Reddy took charge as new president of FICCI ladies organization.
- India has been ranked the third most vulnerable country in terms of risk of cyber threats in 2017 as per “Internet security Threat Report”. The list topped by USA.
- RBI announces its first bi monthly monetary policy for the new fiscal year 2018- 19.
Repo Rate – 6.00%
Reverse Repo Rate – 5.75%
Marginal Standing Facility – 6.25%
Cash Reserve Ratio – 4.00%
Statutory liquidity Ratio – 19.50%
- India has surpassed Japan and has become the world’s second largest producers of crude still in February 2018. This topped by China.
- Julius Maada Bio elected as Sierra Leone’s president.
- National Maritime Day – 5th
Theme: “Indian Shipping – an ocean of opportunity”.