1)Mary Kom is being appointed as brand ambassador of Northeast region
- MC Mary Kom is an Olympic medal winning boxer is being appointed as the brand ambassador of the northeast of the region.
- She is ranked 4th among world female boxers.
- Mary Kom is the first woman to win five consecutive gold medals at the World Women’s Boxing Championships in India.
- In 2013 she published his autobiography in the name of Unbreakable.
- Padma Vibhushan – 2020
- Arjuna Award – 2004
- Padmasiri Award – 2006
- Raju Gandhi Kale Ratna Award – 2009
2) Mr. Anurag Thakur presented the first awards of the Sports Commission of India
- Union Minister for Youth Welfare and Sports Mr. Anurag Thakur presented the first awards of the Sports Commission of India to 246 players and coaches
- Outstanding Award and Best Award category and cash prizes worth Rs 85.02 lakhs were presented to 162 players and 84 coaches during the ceremony at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in New Delhi for their outstanding performances in national and international competitions.
3) Chennai High Court Judge Sanjib Banerjee transferred to Meghalaya
- Sanjib Banerjee, 50th Chief Justice of the Chennai High Court, has been transferred to Chief Justice of the Meghalaya state High Court orders of President Ramnath Govind.
- Prior to this, Sanjeev Banerjee was appointed as a Judge of the Kolkata High Court in 2006.
4) 17 November – National Epilepsy Day
- National Epilepsy Day observed on 17 November in every year in India
- The aim of epilepsy day is to educate people about epilepsy, a neurological disorder in which brain activity becomes abnormal
5)World Philosophy Day – 18 November
- World Philosophy Day observed on 18 November in every year
- In the 2005 UNESCO General Assembly announced that World Philosophy Day would be celebrated on Every third Thursday in November
- The word Philosophy comes from the Greek word phílosophía, which means’ love of wisdom.
One country, one legislature in practice: Prime Minister Narendra Modi insists
- Addressing at the inaugural session of the 82nd All India Legislative Assembly Leader’s Conference held in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh on 17.11.2021, Prime Minister Modi said that a single country should have a single legislature.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi introduced the practice of one country, one legislature. He added that this would give the necessary technical impetus to the Indian parliamentary process and help unite all the democratic institutions in the
7)ASER provides 2021 report
- Pratham foundation published 16th Annual Status of Education Report (ASER) 2021 on November 17, 2021.Due to the covid-19 pandemic sitution phone-based ASER followed this year’s survey format.
- As per report,between 2018 and 2020 there was an overall increase in proportion of children enrolled in govt schools in Enrolment increased from 64.3% to 65.8%. But in 2021, enrolment increased to 70.3%.
- Enrolment rate has decreased in private schools as compared to last year. , enrolment rate was 28.8% In 2020 which decreased to 24.4% in 2021.
9) PM Modi inaugurates ‘Ration Aapke Gram’ scheme & ‘Sickle Cell Mission’ in MP
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on his visit to Madhya Pradesh has launched a series of Tribal Welfare programs .and also launched a welfare scheme named ‘Ration Aapke Gram’ scheme & ‘Sickle Cell Mission’ of Madhya Pradesh.
- Madhya Pradesh Capital: Bhopal;
- Madhya Pradesh Governor: Mangubhai C. Patel;
- Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister: Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
- Madhya Pradesh Official Language: Official:Hindi
- Madhya Pradesh Regional Language :Marathi, Bhili, Gondi, Korku, Kalto
10) Sourav Ganguly appointed Chairman of ICC Men’s Cricket Committee
- During the ICC Board meeting, Sourav Ganguly was appointed as the Chairman of the ICC Men’s Cricket Committee and he is also the Chairman of the BCCI.
- He replaced Anil Kumble, who took over in 2012
- Ganguly hails appointment of VVS Laxman as the new director of the National Cricket Academy
11) UBS Securities forecasts real GDP growth in India
- UBS Securities forecasts GDP growth rate for India each year as follows:
For 2021-22 (FY22)= 9.5%
For 2022-23 (FY23)= 7.7%
For 2023-24 (FY24)= 6.0%
12) India ranks 82nd among most corrupt countries
- ‘Trace’ has released a list of the most corrupt countries in the world for doing business, with India ranking 82nd out of 44 points.
- Some more countries with 44-points:
- Vanuatu Islands
- Similarly, India, which was 45th rank with 77 points last year, now moved up 14 places to 63rd position.
- India was ranked 130th in 2016.
13) UNWTO has declared India’s Silk City is the best tourist village in the world
- Pochampally village in Yadadri Bhubaneswar district popularly known as silk city has been selected as one of the best tourist villages by the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO)
- Pochampally village located around 50 km away from Hyderabad is famous for its hand-woven Ikat sarees
- The award will be presented on 30 november to 3 december held in madrid spain during the 24th session of the unwto general assembly
14) International student’s day – November 17
- International student’s day is celebrated on 17 november in Every year by the student’s community across the globe.
- The purpose of this day is to ensure access to education for every student around the world.
The longest lunar eclipse after 600 years!
- A lunar eclipse occurs when the Moon – Earth – Sun are in a straight line.
- Lunar eclipse time is November 19 from 11:32:09 AM to 17:33:40 (5.33) PM.
- This lunar eclipse cannot be seen in India.
|To Follow Our Instagram||Click Here|
|To Follow Our Twitter||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Our Facebook||Click Here|