1.Virat Kohli tops in Duff & Phelps Celebrity Brand Valuation Report 2021:
- According to the Celebrity Brand Valuation Report 2021 (7th Edition) titled “Digital Acceleration 2.0.” released by Duff & Phelps (Now Kroll), Indian Cricketer Virat Kohli was ranked as the most valued celebrity for the 5th consecutive time in 2021.
- The brand value of Virat Kohli has dropped from USD 237.7 million in 2020 to USD 185.7 million in 2021.
- Alia Bhatt has ranked 4th with a brand value of USD 68.1 million and has become the most valued female celebrity. She is the youngest celebrity among the top 10 and she is the most valued brand amongst female Bollywood actors.
2.International Day of Drug Checking 2022 observed on 31st March:
- The International Day of Drug Checking takes place on March 31 every year since 2017 to ensure people are educated on drugs and aware of their effects.
- The day aims to promote harm reduction initiatives of drugs and reduce drug-related risks.
- Along with it, it also marks promoting harm reduction actions of drugs and reduces drug-related risks. Their goal on the 31st of March is to raise public awareness of the availability of drug checking services and companies from across the planet.
- IAF unveils ‘Fleet Card-Fuel on Move’ new initiative for refuelling:
The Indian Air Force has unveiled a new initiative with the Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. Under it, IAF’s convoys will be refuelled at fuel stations of the state-run energy major. As per the Defence Ministry,
‘Fleet Card-Fuel on Move’ has been rolled out to facilitate the refuelling of convoys belonging to the Indian Air Force. Under the existing system, the Indian Air Force procures fuel from various agencies and then distributes it within the Air Force establishment.
- Indian Airforce founded: 08th October 1932;
- Indian Airforce Headquarters: New Delhi;
- Indian Airforce Chief of Air Staff: Vivek Ram Chaudhari.
- World Backup Day 2022 observed on 31 March:
- World Backup Day is marked every year on March 31. The day reminds us to protect our precious digital documents as we’ve become more reliant on technology.
- It is a day for people to learn about the increasing role of data in our lives and the importance of regular backups. Originally, World Backup Day began as
- World Backup Month, by a hard drive company named Maxtor which was later acquired by Seagate Technology.
- The Government of Tamil Nadu has launched a special program for India’s first infant:
- For the first time in India, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister MK Stalin has launched a new testing program to diagnose infant defects in government hospitals.
- For the first time in India, a program has been launched at the Omanthurai Hospital in Chennai to diagnose and treat fetal malformations at the Government Hospital in Chennai.
It is noteworthy that this program helps to diagnose and correct the baby’s abnormalities within three months of pregnancy.
- Belgian Footballer Miguel Van Damme passes away:
- Veteran Belgian footballer, Miguel Van Damme has passed away aged 28 after a long battle with leukaemia. Van Damme was diagnosed with leukaemia in 2016 and was undergoing treatment for cancer for over five years.
- During his eight-year professional career, Van Damme played for Cercle Brugge and made 40 appearances for the team.
- International Transgender Day of Visibility 2022:
- The International Transgender Day of Visibility (TDOV) occurs annually on March 31 to raise awareness of discrimination faced by transgender people worldwide, while also celebrating their contributions to society.
- The day is dedicated to celebrating transgender people and raising awareness of discrimination faced by transgender people worldwide, as well as celebrating their contributions to society.
- The day was founded by US-based transgender activist Rachel Crandall of Michigan in 2009. The first International Transgender Day of Visibility was held on March 31, 2009.
- Delhi Municipal Corporation (Amendment) Bill, 2022 passed in the Lok Sabha:
- The Lok Sabha has passed the Delhi Municipal Corporation (Amendment) Bill, 2022.
- The bill seeks to further amend the Delhi Municipal Corporation Act, 1957 and proposes to merge the three corporations in Delhi into one corporation of Delhi.
It aims at greater transparency, improved governance and more efficient delivery of civil service to the people of Delhi.
- IONS Maritime Exercise 2022 (IMEX-22) concludes in Arabian Sea:
- The first edition of the Indian Ocean Naval Symposium (IONS) Maritime Exercise 2022 (IMEX-22) was held from March 26 to 30, 2022, in Goa and in the Arabian Sea.
- The objective of the exercise was to enhance the interoperability of the navies of member nations in Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) operations.
- The exercise is seen as a significant stepping stone for regional navies to collaborate and respond collectively to natural disasters in the region and paves way for further strengthening regional cooperation.
- Cabinet approves $ 808 million project to improve and accelerate MSME performance:
The Government of India has introduced MSME or Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises under the Small and Medium Enterprises Development Act (MSMED) Act, 2006.
The government has approved a World Bank-backed project to improve the functioning of MSMEs in the country at a cost of about USD808 million.
MSME Headquarters: New Delhi
- FedEx appoints Indian-born Raj Subramaniam as new CEO:
- The world’s largest express transportation company FedEx has announced that its new Chief Executive Officer will be Indian American Raj Subramaniam.
- He has more than 30 years of global experience across strategy and operations and has led the company through a period of tremendous growth.
- The US multinational courier delivery giant was previously helmed by Frederick W Smith. Smith had founded FedEx in 1971.
- Prof. Dr. Ashutosh Kumar appointed as 1st Visiting Professor to T. N. Seshan Chair at IIIDEM, New Delhi:
- Prof. Dr. Ashutosh Kumar has been appointed as the first Visiting Professor to the T. N. Seshan Chair at India International Institute of Democracy and Election Management, IIIDEM, New Delhi.
- To commemorate and celebrate the achievements and contributions of former Chief Election Commissioner of India T. N. Seshan, Election Commission of India had announced the establishment and funding of a
- Chair on interdisciplinary approach to Electoral Studies in the Centre for Curriculum Development.
- Dr. Ashutosh Kumar has rich experience of over fourteen years at the level of Professor in the Department of Political Science, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
- The commission said, the appointment of Dr. Kumar will give impetus to the research activities at IIIDEM in the fields of Electoral Studies and Election Manage
- Union Minister Bhupendra Yadav has said that India’s forest cover has increased to 1,540 sq km nationally:
India’s forest cover has increased to 1,540 sq km nationally. According to the Indian Forest Standards Report (ISFR) -2021, Environment Minister Bhupendra Yadav said at the state level. This is an increase compared to the previous estimate of ISFR-2019. Mr. Yadav said that during the two forest assessments, the forest cover in the country has increased to five thousand 516 square kilometers. The forest cover in Rajasthan is 16 thousand 655 square kilometers, an increase of 25 square kilometers compared to ISFR-2019. These include the National Afforestation Program and the Green India Movement.
- The Museum of All Former Prime Ministers of India is to be opened soon:
- The Museum of All Former Prime Ministers, Pradhan Mantri Sangrahalaya (Prime Minister’s Museum), is built in the Deen Murti Garden in Delhi. PMs Museum Project Approved in 2018,
- It has been announced that the Rs 270 crore project at the Deen Murti Bhavan complex, formerly the home of former Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru, will be launched on April 14, 2022.
Apart from the collections and works on Jawaharlal Nehru, which has a separate Nehru Memorial Museum as the residence of Jawaharlal Nehru, the museum will showcase the life, time and contribution of 14 Prime Ministers of India so far.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi almost attends the 5th BIMSTEC Summit:
BIMSTEC is an international organization of seven South Asian and Southeast Asian countries. Prime Minister Narendra Modi attends the 5th Bay of Bengal Initiative (BIMSTEC) Summit on Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation. The summit was hosted by the Government of Sri Lanka, the head of BIMSTEC. At the end of the summit, Thailand took over as the leader of the BIMSTEC. 2022 marks the 25th anniversary of the founding of BIMSTEC.
- Theme of the Summit: “Towards a flexible region, prosperous economies, healthy people”.
- BIMSTEC has a permanent secretariat in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|Online Classes||Click Here|