Daily Current Affairs – June 27, 2019
June 27 – Micro-, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises Day
- The General Assembly, recognizing the need to improve small business access to microfinance and credit, decided to designate 27 June as Micro-, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises Day. The goal is to encourage member states to facilitate observance of the day by increasing awareness and actions to support small business.
- The resolution was introduced by the delegation of Argentina, co-sponsored by 54 member states and adopted without a vote by the 193-member General Assembly on 6 April 2017.
NDMA to conduct Multi-State Earthquake Mock Exercise in Delhi
- National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) in collaboration with the State Governments will conduct a Mock Exercise on earthquake preparedness on June 28, 2019. The exercise aims to improve preparedness and response mechanisms of the local administration in the event of an earthquake. It will cover Delhi (all 11 districts), Haryana (4 districts – Jhajjhar, Faridabad, Gurugram and Sonipat ) and Uttar Pradesh (3 districts – Gautam Buddh Nagar, Ghaziabad and Meerut).
WAPCOS celebrates Golden Jubilee
- WAPCOS, which was incorporated as Public Sector Enterprise in 1969 by the Government of India celebrated its Golden Jubilee at Siri Fort, New Delhi. In commemoration of this historic occasion, the Company organized Golden Jubilee Celebrations with a theme titled “Transcending Boundaries- Touching Lives”.
- WAPOCOS is a leading technology driven consultancy and EPC organization with strong global presence in the fields of Water, Power and Infrastructure Sectors. WAPCOS has successfully completed/on-going consultancy assignments in countries covering Asia, Africa, Middle East, South America and Pacific Island and is operating in more than 47 Countries, at present.
BIMSTEC Day celebrated in Dhaka
- Members of the 7 countries regional grouping Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) celebrated the BIMSTEC Day in Dhaka.
International Convention in New Delhi to Mark International MSME Day
- The Ministry of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises is organizing an international convention on the theme “Indian MSMEs, Global Aspirations” in New Delhi to observe the International MSME Day. Further, as part of continued celebrations, the second edition of the International SME Convention 2019 will be held from 28th – 29th June .
32nd Congress of the International Seed Testing Association (ISTA)
- The 32nd Congress of the International Seed Testing Association (ISTA) was started in Hyderabad with Union Minister of State for Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare, Kailash Choudhary formally inaugurating the 8-day event. The Seed Congress is being held for the first time in South Asia.
Meeting of Expert Working Group of Paris Pact Initiative of UNODC
- The Department of Revenue, Ministry of Finance hosted in New Delhi a Meeting of Expert Working Group on Paris Pact Initiative on Illicit Financial Flows deriving from the trafficking of Opiates originating in Afghanistan. The Meeting consists of Sessions spread over two days on 27th and 28th June, 2019 and was organised with the support of United Nations Office on Drugs & Crimes (UNODC).
- Paris Pact is a group of 58 countries and 23 International Organisations affected with drug trafficking of Afghan Opiates. Under the ambit of UNODC, Paris Pact Initiative has addressed the issue of drug problem related to opiates originating in Afghanistan, both at policy and implementation level. It has provided the platform for the Member Countries and International Organizations to coordinate and combat the trafficking and consumption of opiates on the principle of common and shared responsibility.
Central Sector Scheme- TMA
- The Minister Of Commerce and Industry, Piyush Goyal informed the Lok Sabha that, the Government has brought out a new Central Sector Scheme – ‘Transport and Marketing Assistance (TMA) for Specified Agriculture Products’ – for providing assistance for the international component of freight, to mitigate the freight disadvantage for the export of agriculture products and marketing of agricultural products.
MoU & Agreements
MoA signed to set up Centre for Inland & Coastal Maritime Technology
- A Memorandum of Agreement (MoA) was signed between the Ministry of Shipping and IIT, Kharagpur for setting up the Centre for Inland and Coastal Maritime Technology. The Centre will focus on indigenisation of ship designing, building and testing.
NITI Aayog CEO Kant gets extension
- NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant’s tenure was extended by two years. The appointments committee of the Cabinet has approved the extension of tenure of Amitabh Kan for a further period of two years beyond June 30, 2019, that is up to June 30, 2021.
- He was appointed as the CEO of the government think-tank in 2016 for a fixed two-year term. He was later given an extension till June 2019. He is a a 1980 batch Kerala cadre IAS officer. Mr.Kant previously was serving as the Secretary in the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion in the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
Indo-French Joint Naval Exercise
- The latest edition of bilateral maritime exercise ‘Varuna’ between Indian and French Navy was held in May 2019. The exercise was conducted in two phases with the objective of conducting advanced exercise for a significant period at sea.
Girish Koushik is India’s 63rd Grandmaster
- Girish A. Koushik from Mysuru became India’s 63rd Grandmaster at the 37th Balaton International Chess Festival in Hungary.
To Follow Channel – Click Here
For WhatsAPP Group – Click Here