Daily Current Affairs – June 11 2019
PM asks target oriented five-year plan document for each Ministry
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has asked top bureaucrats to prepare a five-year plan document for each Ministry with well-defined targets and a significant impactful decision in each Ministry for which approvals will be taken within 100 days. He also urged secretaries to use technology to improve outcomes and efficiency in each department.
UN project to benefit thousands of families
- The Andhra Pradesh State Forest Department has identified nine landscapes, including marshes to support climate resilience of thousands of coastal families under the United Nations Development Programme’s Green Climate Fund (GCF).
- The States of Maharashtra, Odisha and Andhra Pradesh have been chosen under the UNDP and granted the GCF of over Rs.298 crore for the six-year project that commences this year. Some 25 landscapes have been identified for the project and of them nine fall in Andhra Pradesh.
Manipur man detects WhatsApp bug, enters FB ‘Hall of Fame’
- Facebook has honoured a Manipuri man for discovering a WhatsApp bug that violated the privacy of a user.
- Zonel Sougaijam, a 22-year-old civil engineer, said that the social media giant awarded $5000 to him and also included him in the ‘Facebook Hall of Fame 2019’, for detecting the WhatsApp bug.
- Sougaijam’s name is currently at the 16th position in a list of 94 people, in the ‘Facebook Hall of Fame’ for this year.
Odisha to offer millet in public distribution system
- In a bid to promote nutritious millet and give a push to the tribal economy, the Odisha government has decided to offer one kilogram ragi (millet) at Rs.1 per kg per card holder through the public distribution system.
Cananda to ban single use plastics from 2021
- Canada Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced that single-use plastics will be banned in the country from 2021. Single-use items represent some 70 percent of the plastic waste littering the marine environment.
- Canada, France, Germany, Britain and Italy, along with the European Union, subscribed at last year’s G7 summit in Quebec to a new charter against pollution in the world’s oceans. The United States and Japan did not join the pact.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
BS-VI norms released for two-wheelers
- Bharat Stage-VI (BS – VI) norms for two-wheelers have been released. The Director, International Centre for Automotive Technology (ICAT) Dinesh Tyagi released India’s first Type Approval Certificate for (BS – VI) norms in New Delhi. In order to curb air pollution through the vehicular emissions, the government has decided to implement the BS VI norms with effect from 1st April 2020.
MoU, AGREEMENTS & CABINET APPROVALS
V.O.Chidambaranar Port Trust, Tuticorin inks MoU with Central Warehousing Corporation
- The V.O. Chidambaranar Port Trust, Tuticorin and Central Warehousing Corporation (CWC) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding for facilitating Direct Port Entry (DPE) of e-sealed factory stuffed export container to the port under ‘Ease of Doing Business’.
- The Direct Port Entry (DPE) facility would enable direct movement of containers from factories without intermediate handling requirement at any Container Freight Station on 24*7 basis.
Indian Railway Station Development Corporation (IRSDC) enters into Tripartite Agreement with French National Railways
- AFD a French agency, has agreed to provide in-kind grant financing up to 7,00,000 EURO, through French National Railways (SNCF)-Hubs and Connexions as a Technical Partner to IRSDC to support the Railway Station Development Program in India. This will impose no financial liability on IRSDC or Indian Railways.
Lalithakala Akademi awards
- Mohammed Safi of Mookkuthala has been selected for Kerala Lalithakala Akademi’s photography award this year. His photo ‘Deadly Lines’ won him the award. K.K. Subhash of Chengalam won the cartoon award. His cartoon ‘Viswasam Rakshathi’ was selected for the award.
Yuvraj Singh announces his retirement
- The Indian batsman announced his retirement from international cricket, bringing an end to a 19-year career. During the 2007 World T20 in South Africa, Yuvraj hit six sixes in an over. He became the second player (after Herschelle Gibbs) to achieve this feat in an international match.
Portugal wins inaugural UEFA title
- Portugal became the first team to win UEFA’s Nations League tournament. Portugal beat Netherlands 1-0 in the final. Goncalo Guedes hit the single goal for Portugal team.
To Follow Channel – Click Here
For WhatsAPP Group – Click Here