Daily Current Affairs – July 20, 2019
In this page we have provided you with Daily Current Affairs 2019. If you are preparing for competitive exams,it is necessary to know about the Current Affairs in detail and the Daily Current Affairs knowledge will help you to get good scores in your competitive exams such as UPSC,SSC,RRB and other state PSCs. This page will also help you to get Current Affairs Pdf. Here you can study the 20th July, 2019 Important Current Affairs.
July 20 – International Chess Day
- The International Chess Day is celebrated annually on July 20, the day the International Chess Federation (FIDE) was founded, in 1924. The idea to celebrate this day as the international chess day was proposed by UNESCO, and it has been celebrated as such since 1966, after it was established by FIDE.
New e-challan system, e-payment gateway launched for use of Delhi Traffic Police
- Delhi Police Commissioner Amulya Patnaik launched the new e-challan system and the e-payment gateway for the use of Delhi Traffic Police.
- The E-challan devices are enabled with active GPS where the challaning officer and the violator, both can be logged and tracked to a particular geo-location. This is an important tool for evidence to establish the credibility of the prosecution. The payment gateway will help the citizens with the flexibility to login securely at their convenience and settle the pending violation notices with proof of payment.
Joint working group to probe fund disbursal for Chinese projects in Bangladesh
- Bangladesh and China have formed a joint working group to probe the extremely low level of fund disbursal for ongoing Chinese projects in Bangladesh. China has so far disbursed less than 5 per cent of the promised 20 billion US Dollars for 27 projects for which agreements were signed during President Xi Jinping’s Dhaka visit in 2016
Chandrayaan-2 launch on July 22
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) said that Chandrayaan-2 will be launched on July 22 at 2.43 p.m. The launch was earlier scheduled for July 15 but was called off just an hour before take-off. The mission includes India’s first lander and rover, which are slated to land on the Moon on September 6.
MoU & CABINET APPROVAL
Sri Lanka signs agreement with India to upgrade railway lines
- Sri Lanka has signed an agreement with India to upgrade tracks in a key railway segment connecting the north and south at a cost of $ 91.26 million. The agreement comes as part of India’s ongoing support to further develop Sri Lankan railways.
Vivek Kumar, new Private Secretary to PM
- Vivek Kumar, a 2004 batch Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer, has been appointed as Private Secretary (PS) to Prime Minister Narendra Modi. He is currently director, Prime Minister’s Office (PM0). Kumar replaces Sanjeev Kumar Singla, who is slated to take over as India’s Ambassador to Israel.
AIFF Golden Baby Leagues handbook
- Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju launched the All India Football Federation’s Golden Baby Leagues handbook 2019-20 on the sidelines of the Intercontinental Cup in Ahemadabad . The launch marked the renaming of the ‘AIFF Baby Leagues’ to ‘AIFF Golden Baby Leagues’, with emphasis being laid for ages under 6 to under 12 both for girls and boys.
Indian Men & Women’s teams win Commonwealth Table Tennis title
- In Commonwealth Table Tennis Championship held in Cuttack, India made a record by winning gold in both men’s and women’s category. The Indian men won the final match defeating England 3-2. The Indian women team defeated England 3-0 in final match.
Aishwarya Pratap Singh clinches gold in rifle 3-position event
- In the Shooting Junior World Cup, Aishwarya Pratap Singh Tomar clinched gold with a junior world record in the final of rifle 3-position event in Suhl Germany.
Prithu Gupta is the country’s 64th Grand Master
- Prithu Gupta became the country’s 64th Grandmaster. The 15 years, four months and 10 days old met all technical stipulations needed to be a GM following the fourth round of the Portugese League.
Important Links for Competitive Exams:
|Youtube Channel||Click Here|
|Whatsapp Group||Click Here|
|Telegram Group||Click Here|