Daily Current Affairs – July 14 & 15, 2019
Fourth anniversary of Skill India Mission
- The fourth anniversary of the Skill India Mission is being observed on July 15,2019. Several functions are being organised across the country to mark the occasion. National Skill Development Mission also known as Skill India Mission was launched on this day in 2015. Nearly One Crore youth are being presently imparted skills training annually under the mission.
IFFI’s Golden Jubilee Edition to be held from Nov 20 till 28 in Goa
- The Golden Jubilee Edition of International Film Festival of India, IFFI will be held from 20th Nov till 28th November 2019 in Panaji, Goa. Minister for Information and Broadcasting Prakash Javadekar gave this information after the steering committee meeting of IFFI 2019 in Panaji and he also said that students from FTII and Satyajit Ray Institute of India and students from some other film institutes will be a part of it to gain some hands on experience.
Agri-Business Incubation Centre started in Chhattisgarh
- An Agri Business Incubation Centre has started in Chhattisgarh. The centre has been set up by the Union Agriculture Ministry in Indira Gandhi Agriculture University of Raipur. The objective of the scheme is to make farming a remunerative economic activity by strengthening farmer’s effort, risk mitigation and promoting agribusiness entrepreneurship.
Meghalaya becomes 1st state to ensure water conservation
- Meghalaya became the first state in India to ensure the conservation of water and have own water policy following a nod given by the State Cabinet. The objective of the policy is to recognize water resources as a common pool resource, to provide safe and hygienic water for drinking, domestic and sanitation and livelihood development to all residents of the state.
Kerala government to set up elephant rehabilitation centre
- The Kerala government would set up a first-of-its-kind elephant rehabilitation centre at an outlay of Rs. 105 crore, to take care of elephants that were either orphaned or abandoned. The rehabilitation centre would house an elephant museum, mahout training centre, a well-equipped veterinary hospital and crematorium for the elephants.
ISRO calls off Chandrayaan 2 launch
- India’s ambitious second Lunar mission, Chandrayaan 2 suffered a jolt in the early hours of July 15 after a technical snag forced the Indian Space Research Organisation to call off the launch for the time being. ISRO aimed to touch down on the South Pole of the moon where no country had gone before.
- A technical snag was observed in launch vehicle system one hour before the launch. As a measure of abundant precaution, Chandrayaan 2 launch has been called off. Revised launch date will be announced later,” ISRO tweeted. President Ram Nath Kovind had flown in to Sriharikota to witness the launch.
APP & WEB PORTAL
ODF-Plus& Swachh Gram Darpan Mobile Application launched
- Shri Rattanlal Kataria, Minister of State, Ministry of Jal Shakti launched the Solid Liquid Waste Management (SLWM) Dashboard, ODF-Plus Advisoryand the ODF-Plus & Swachh Gram Darpan Mobile Application to foster healthy competition between States and districts undertaking ODF-plus activities.
SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
National Planning Workshop on ODF Plus and Water Conservation held in Delhi
- With over 5.6 lakh villages, 622 districts, and 30 States/UTs declared Open Defecation Free (ODF) in rural India underthe Swachh Bharat Mission (Grameen),Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation (DDWS), Ministry of Jal Shaktiorganized a two-day National Planning Workshop on ODF Plus and Water Conservation from July 12-13,2019 in New Delhi.
National Seminar Cum Workshop on Statistics and Sustainable Development Goals
- A two days’ National Seminar Cum Workshop on “Statistics and Sustainable Development Goals” was inaugurated by Pravin Srivastava, Chief Statistician of India and Secretary, Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation (MoSPI), Government of India inaugurated ” at the Malviya Auditorium, University of Lucknow.
Djokovic beats Federer to win fifth Wimbledon title
- In Tennis, Serbian Novak Djokovic won his fifth Wimbledon title after defeating Swiss tennis ace Roger Federer. This is Djokovic’s 16th Grand Slam and 5th Wimbledon title.
British Grand Prix
- Lewis Hamilton made a thrilling victory in the Silverstone circuit to win his sixth British Grand Prix, his seventh victory in ten races in 2019.
ICC Cricket World Cup 2019
- England lifted their maiden ICC World Cup cricket trophy beating New Zealand in a nerve-wracking final that was decided via a dramatic Super Over in London.
Yasar Dogu International
- India wrestler Vinesh Phogat has won gold in the 53kg category at Yasar Dogu International in Istanbul. It was third gold in the women’s competition for India after Seema (50kg) and Manju (59kg) triumphed in their respective categories.
To Follow Channel – Click Here
For WhatsAPP Group – Click Here