Daily Current Affairs – July 13, 2019
CPWD to erect water conservation structures
- The Central Public Works Department will erect water conservation structures, including rainwater harvesting systems, in 136 residential areas across the country. Speaking at a function to mark 165th foundation day of the CPWD, Housing and Urban Affairs Secretary Durga Shanker Mishra said, the agency has a target of erecting water conservation structures in 100 colonies under the 100-day agenda.
West Bengal government observes Save Water Day
West Bengal government observed Save Water Day on July 12,2019. West Bengal Chief Minister said that her government started a programme of digging ponds throughout the state for conservation of water since coming into power in 2011. About 3 lakhs ponds have been dug till now to deal with the water scarcity.
Gujarat to develop Centres of Excellence for skill development in aviation Industry
- Gujarat Government is to develop Centers of Excellence for skill development in the Aviation industry. This was announced by Captain Ajay Chauhan, Director of Civil Aviation- Government of Gujarat at 2nd Gujarat Aviation Conclave Conference on Business Opportunities in the aviation sector held in Ahmedabad.
Japan’s Hayabusa2 probe makes touchdown on asteroid
- Japan’s Hayabusa2 probe made a “perfect” touchdown on a distant asteroid, collecting samples from beneath the surface of Ryugu in an unprecedented mission that could shed light on the origins of the solar system. Ryugu, which means “Dragon Palace” in Japanese, refers to a castle at the bottom of the ocean in an ancient Japanese tale.
SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
India USTR Talks Held in New Delhi
- India – United States Trade Representative(USTR) talks held to explore potential for enhanced bilateral trade and economic engagement with India under the new Government. The bilateral talk was held on 12 July2019 with the Indian delegation. Both sides discussed the broad contours of bilateral trade and commercial ties and agreed to continue their discussions for achieving mutually beneficial outcomes aimed at further growing the economic relationship and addressing mutual trade concerns.
India, Russia meet on space cooperation
- India and Russia have held high-level talks in New Delhi to elevate bilateral co-operation to the next level in the field of space, including assistance in India’s maiden human space flight mission ‘Gaganyaan’. Co-operation in futuristic technologies including new space systems, rocket engines, propellants and propulsion systems, spacecrafts and launch vehicle technology were also discussed.
India and Pakistan officials to meet at Wagah for talks on Kartarpur
- Indian and Pakistani officials will meet at the Attari-Wagah border to discuss issues, including ways to bridge gaps related to the Kartarpur Corridor that is to be made operational by November, ahead of the commemoration of the 550th birth anniversary of Guru Nanak. The delegations will meet at Wagah in Pakistan to discuss issues of connectivity at the Zero Point, number of pilgrims and kind of travel documents to be allowed.
World Bank MD and CFO
- Anshula Kant, Managing Director of State Bank of India, has been appointed as MD and Chief Financial Officer of the World Bank. Ms Kant will be responsible for financial and risk management of the organisation.
- Her work will include oversight of financial reporting, risk management, and working closely with the World Bank CEO on the mobilization of the International Development Association (IDA) and other financial resources. IDA is the part of the World Bank that helps the world’s poorest countries.
PCI invites entries for National Awards for Excellence in Journalism, 2019
- Press Council of India has invited entries for National Awards for Excellence in Journalism, 2019. The Awards, carrying a cash prize and citation, will be given in eight categories. The Awards have been instituted to recognize outstanding contribution of journalists/ photo journalists of Indian nationality in print journalism. They are given on the occasion of National Press Day on November 16.
Lifter Ajay Singh wins gold at Commonwealth Championships
- Indian weightlifter Ajay Singh has won Gold in 81 kg category at the Commonwealth Championships in Apia, city of Samoa. The other Indian in the 81kg category, Papul Changmai clinched the silver medal by lifting a total of 313kgs.
World Tour Platinum Australian Open
- In Table Tennis, the Indian pair of G. Sathiyan and Anthony Amalraj won the bronze at the World Tour Platinum Australian Open. This was India’s first ever medal in the Australian Open, which is a Platinum event.
To Follow Channel – Click Here
For WhatsAPP Group – Click Here