Here we have given the Today Important Current Affairs 18, February 2021 PDF to prepare for the Competitive Exams (TNPSC, UPSC, SSC, RRB & Banking Exams). This Top Current Affairs will be prepared from Various Sources like PIB, The Hindu, Economic Times, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express & all government websites. Also here we provided the Important Events of the day.
Current Affairs is the Important Part to get a good score in General Awareness Section. So Aspirants must know the current news for the Exam Preparation. In Our Blog, We have given the Latest Trending News about different Facts like International Current Affairs, National Current Affairs, Banking Current Affairs, Sports Current Affairs, etc. For those who want to get a government job, it will be useful for your Preparation. All The Best…
Ramakrishna Paramahamsa Birth Anniversary:
- Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa, born Gadadhar Chattopadhyaya, was an Indian Hindu mystic, saint, and religious leader. Union Home Minister Amit Shah, Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar and others paid tributes to Ramakrishna Paramhansa on his Birth Anniversary.
- Check more details about the important days for various competitive exam preparations by using the link given below
NIC launched an instant messaging platform “Sandes”:
National Informatics Centre has launched an instant messaging platform called Sandes. This platform can be used for all kinds of communications by anyone with a mobile number or email id.
- The launch of the app is also a part of the government strategy to push for use of India-made software.
- In August 2020, the NIC released the first version of the app.
About National Informatics Centre:
- Founded: 1976.
- Director-General: Neeta Verma.
- Headquarters: New Delhi.
Union Cabinet today approved production-linked incentive scheme for telecom sector:
The Union Cabinet today approved production-linked incentive scheme worth 12 thousand 195 Crore rupees has been cleared for the telecom sector. Production Linked Incentive Scheme intends to promote manufacture of Telecom and Networking Products in India and proposes a financial incentive to boost domestic manufacturing.
- The scheme will also encourage exports of telecom and networking products ‘Made in India’.
IIT Madras-Incubated start-up has launched PiMo:
IIT Madras-Incubated start-up named “Pi-Beam” has launched PiMo, which is a sustainable utility e-bike.
- PiMo is one of the few EVs in the local market that is almost completely made in India. 90% of its components, including the batteries and controllers, are manufactured in India.
- PiMo maker Pi-Beam was founded by an IIT Madras Alum Visakh Sasikumar.
Cabinet cleared CECPA with Mauritius:
Union Cabinet cleared Comprehensive Economic Cooperation and Partnership Agreement or free trade pact with Mauritius. It will strengthen the trade relation between India and Mauritius. The India-Mauritius CECPA will be the first trade Agreement to be signed by India with a country in Africa.
- The CECPA between India and Mauritius covers 310 export items for India.
MoCA and DGCA granted conditional exemption for RPAS:
Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA) and Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) have granted conditional exemption for Remotely Piloted Aircraft System (RPAS) usage to Kochi Metro Rail Limited, Kerala for Integrated Urban Regeneration & Water Transport System Project (IURWTS).
- This conditional exemption is valid till 31st December 2021
Union Minister of State Santosh Kumar Gangwar will launch Software Applications and instruction manuals:
Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Labour& Employment Shri Santosh Kumar Gangwar will launch Software Applications and release instruction manuals with questionnaire for five All India Surveys.
These five surveys being undertaken by Labour Bureau are:
- All India Survey on Migrant workers,
- All India survey on Domestic Workers,
- All India survey on employment generated by Professionals,
- All India survey on employment generated in Transport Sector and
- All-India Quarterly Establishment based Employment Survey.
About Ministry of Labour& Employment:
- Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) – Shri Santosh Kumar Gangwar.
- Secretary – ShriApurva Chandra
11th IEA-IEF-OPEC Symposium on Energy Outlooks held virtually:
11th IEA-IEF-OPEC Symposium on Energy Outlooks —held virtually. The symposium saw the presence of heads of all top inter-governmental energy agencies -IEF, IEA, OPEC, IRENA and the GECF.
- The recently-released IEA’s India Energy Outlook 2021 highlights that India has now emerged as the key centre for global energy demand.
- OPEC and EIA in their near-term outlook estimate that global fuel consumption will grow by 5.6 to 6 million barrels per day in 2021, where more than half of this growth will come from India and China. Natural gas demand is also projected to increase three-fold by 2040.
Dr. Harsh Vardhan inaugurated “Atal National Colloquium” and CRTDH:
Vice President CSIR, Dr. Harsh Vardhan 70th Annual Day celebrations of CSIR-CDRI, Lucknow through video-conferencing in New Delhi. He inaugurated “Atal National Colloquium” and Common Research and Technology Development Hub.
- Dr Harsh Vardhan inaugurated‘Atal National Colloquium on Healthcare and Innovation’, aseries of lectures from highly eminent persons, to commemorate Late Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s vision and support for ‘Vigyan’ and CSIR-CDRI.
- He also inaugurated ‘Common Research and Technology Development Hub (CRTDH)’ supported jointly by DSIR and CSIR online
- Harsh Vardhan also released the CSIR-CDRI Annual Report 2020-21
- Vice President CSIR, Dr. Harsh Vardhan is also in the position of Union Minister Health & Family Welfare, Science and Technology and Earth Sciences.
3rd India-Australia-Japan-USA Ministerial Meeting:
3rd India-Australia-Japan-USA Ministerial Meeting will be held today with participation of respective the Foreign Ministers. The meeting will provide an opportunity to continue the useful exchange of views from their last meeting in Tokyo in October last year.
- The Ministers will exchange views on regional and global issues especially practical areas of cooperation.
India joined “Iran-Russia Maritime Security Belt 2021”:
India has joined Iran and Russia in a two-day navy exercise named “Iran-Russia Maritime Security Belt 2021”. The purpose of the drill is to enhance the security of international maritime trade, confront maritime piracy and terrorism, and exchange information.
- The exercise ‘Iran-Russia Maritime Security Belt’ is so flexible that any country could join if they wish to do so.
Free Gift Milk to Girl Students of Sikkim:
Sikkim Chief Minister P. S. Tamang launched the ‘Free Gift Milk to Girl Students of Sikkim’ initiative at Gangtok. The initiative will benefit around 1,500 students who would be provided 200 mls of milk every day.
- This initiative will be a step towards eradicating malnutrition and other health problems among the young generation in the state.
- CM- Prem Singh Tamang
- Governor- Ganga Prasad
- Capital- Gangtok
Former News Editor of AIR Prakash Chand Jain passed away:
Former News Editor of All India Radio and Doordarshan News Prakash Chand Jain passed away in New Delhi today. He was 83. He was suffering from bone cancer. An officer of Indian Information Service, Jain also served Publications Division, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
Major General (retired) Basant Kumar Mahapatra, passes away:
Major General (retired) Basant Kumar Mahapatra, who had participated in major battles including the 1962 Indo-China war, and 1965 and 1971 India-Pakistan war, has passed away.
- He was conferred with the prestigious Ati Vishisht Seva Medal (AVSM).
Hima Das has been appointed DSP:
Star sprinter Hima Das, has been appointed as a Deputy Superintendent of Police by the Assam government.
- She won silver in women’s 400m rin the 2018 Asian Games. She was also part of the gold-winning women’s 400m relay and mixed 400m relay quartets in the quadrennial event in Jakarta.
CDRI Awards-2021 for Excellence in Drug Research
CDRI Awards-2021 for Excellence in Drug Research was announced on the 70th Annual Day of CSIR-CDRI. These awards will be conferred on CSIR’s Foundation Day in September this year.
- The prestigious CDRI Awards 2021 for Excellence in Drug Research in Chemical Sciences category has been awarded to Dr. Vishal Rai, Associate Professor, IISER, Bhopal.
- In Life Sciences category, Dr. Siddhesh Shashikant Kamat, Associate Professor, IISER, Pune and Dr. Chandrima Das, Associate Professor, Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Kolkata have been selected of the CDRI Awards 2021.
|Excellence in Drug Research in Chemical Sciences||Dr. Vishal Rai|
|Life Sciences||Dr. Siddhesh Shashikant Kamat, Dr. Chandrima Das|
- Vice President CSIR, Dr. Harsh Vardhan
- President- Narendra Modi,
- Director General- Dr. Shekhar C. Mande
ICICI Lombard partners with Flipkart:
ICICI Lombard partners with Flipkart to offer Hospicash insurance to consumers. The Hospicash insurance policy will provide consumers with an extra allowance to not just cover emergency medical expenses’ but also travel and post-discharge costs and compensation for loss of income during hospitalization.
- Flipkart has partnered with ICICI Lombard to offer Hospicash insurance to consumers.
- Headquarters: Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- CEO: Kalyan Krishnamurthy.
About ICICI Lombard:
- Headquarters: Mumbai.
- CEO: Bhargav Dasgupta.
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|Online Classes||Click Here|