Here we have given the Today Important Current Affairs 16, February 2021 PDF to prepare for the Competitive Exams (TNPSC, UPSC, SSC, RRB & Banking Exams). This Top Current Affairs will be prepared from Various Sources like PIB, The Hindu, Economic Times, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express & all government websites. Also here we provided the Important Events of the day.
Current Affairs is the Important Part to get a good score in General Awareness Section. So Aspirants must know the current news for the Exam Preparation. In Our Blog, We have given the Latest Trending News about different Facts like International Current Affairs, National Current Affairs, Banking Current Affairs, Sports Current Affairs, etc. For those who want to get a government job, it will be useful for your Preparation. All The Best…
74th foundation day of Delhi Police:
Union Home Minister Amit Shah has wished his greetings to the Delhi Police personnel and their families on the force’s raising day. Delhi Police was reorganised in 1946. On February 16, 1948, the first IGP of Delhiwas appointed. This day is celebrated as 74th foundation day of Delhi Police/ Raising Day.
Basant Panchami and Saraswati Puja in India:
Basant Panchami and Saraswati Puja are being celebrated in different parts of the country on 16.02.2021. President Ram Nath Kovind has greeted all the countrymen on the auspicious occasion of Vasant Panchami and Saraswati Puja.
- In West Bengal, Saraswati Puja is being celebrated with religious fervour and traditional gaiety.
Check more details about the important days for various competitive exam preparations by using the link given below
PM will address NTLF on 17th February:
The 29th edition of NTLF is being organised from 17th to 19th February 2021. PM will address the NASSCOM Technology and Leadership Forum (NTLF) via video conferencing.
- NTLF is the flagship event of the National Association of Software and Service Companies (NASSCOM).
- The event will host 1600 participants from more than 30 countries and more than 30 products will be showcased during the three-days of talks.
- The theme of this year’s event is ‘Shaping the future towards a better normal’.
PM laid the foundation stone of Maharaja Suheldev Memorial and development work of Chittaura Lake:
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has laid the foundation stone of Maharaja Suheldev Memorial and development work of Chittaura Lake in Bahraich, Uttar Pradesh through video conferencing.
- The event marks the birth anniversary of Maharaja Suheldev.
- UP Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath will also be present on the occasion.
Union Textile Minister introduces the commercial Jute seed distribution scheme:
Union Textile Minister Smriti Irani today rolled out the commercial Jute seed distribution scheme. Jute Corporation of India had last year, signed a MoU with National Seeds Corporation for commercial distribution of 1 thousand Metric Tonne certified jute seeds for the year 2021-22.
- The minister also informed that inclusion of excavation for Jute-retting tanks under MGNREGA will help create 46 lakh mandays of work under the central scheme.
Defence Minister presents Best Marching Contingent award of Republic Day parade 2021:
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh presented the Best Marching Contingent award of Republic Day parade 2021. Jat Regiment has been selected for the best marching contingent award in the Armed Forces category.
- Best contingent award for Central Armed Police Forces won by Delhi Police.
- Delhi Police got this award after 14 years.
- Best marching contingent among the three services – Jat Regimental Centre
- Best marching contingent among CAPF and other auxiliary forces – Delhi Police.
Union Minister for Electronics & Information Technology chairs high level meeting to make digital transactions secure:
A high level meeting held with the objectives to address the rising concern and irritation of consumers over Unsolicited Messages on mobile phones, repeated harassment through SMS, promising fraudulent loan transactions and above all make digital transaction safe and secure.Secretary(T), Member (T) and DDG (Access Service).
- This meeting is chaired by Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad, the Union Minister for Electronics & Information Technology.
Inter Service Affiliation of Assam Regiment and Arunachal Scouts with 106 Air Force Squadron:
The historic affiliation of Assam Regiment and Arunachal Scouts of Indian Army with 106 Air Force Squadron was formally signed at a solemn ceremony at Tezpur (Assam).
- The affiliation of the Regiment with the SU-30 Squadron of Eastern Air Command will assist them in development of mutual understanding of joint ethos, capability, limitations and core competencies of other service through common understanding of military tactical doctrines and concepts in the contemporary conflict environment.
- Assam Regiment was raised on 15 Jun 1941
Ministry of AYUSH and WHO SEARO has signed LoE:
The Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India and the World Health Organization South East Regional Office (WHO SEARO) signed a Letter of Exchange (LoE) for the secondment/deputation of an AYUSH expert to WHO’s regional traditional medicine programme in New Delhi.
- This partnership will also be joint efforts of Ministry of AYUSH and WHO in helping countries in the South-East Asia Region to develop policies and to implement action plans to strengthen the role of traditional medicine.
- Ministry of AYUSH, (Secretary) – Vaidya Rajesh Kotecha.
- Regional Director of WHO South-East Asia Region – Dr Poonam Khetrapal Singh
PM will lay the foundation stone of Cauvery Basin Refinery at Nagapattinam:
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will dedicate the Ramanathapuram – Thoothukudi natural gas pipeline and Gasoline Desulphurisation Unit at Chennai Petroleum Corporation Limited, Manali.
- He will also lay the foundation stone of Cauvery Basin Refinery at Nagapattinam.
- He will dedicate these projects to the nation and lay the foundation of key projects in Tamil Nadu via video conferencing on 17th February.
- Capital: Chennai
- CM: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
- Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
PM Modi inaugurates first full-fledged international cruise terminal at Cochin Port in Kerala:
Prime Minister also inaugurated the country’s first full-fledged international cruise terminal, Sagarika at Cochin Port and Marine Engineering Training Institute of Cochin Shipyard Ltd.
- He also inaugurated the Propylene Derivative Petrochemical Project (PDPP), this will help strengthen India’s journey towards being Aatmanirbhar as it will save foreign exchange.
NASSCOM CEO Survey 2021:
NASSCOM is the premier trade body and chamber of commerce of the Tech industry in India and comprises over 2800-member companies including both Indian and multinational organisations.
- According to the NASSCOM CEO Survey 2021, the Indian tech industry is expected to add over 1.38 lakh net new hires in FY2020-21, taking the total employee base to 4.47 million.
- NASSCOM – National Association of Software and Services Companies
- Chairman – U.B. Pravin Rao,
- Headquarters location: New Delhi
- Founded: 1 March 1988
Dr. Ajay Mathur is announced as ISA’s new Director General:
ISA was established in 2015 with coalition of 73 member countries, to accelerate the demand for and use of safe, sustainable, and affordable solar energy for all. It aims to mobilize over one trillion dollars of investment into solar projects by 2030 through focused advocacy, policy and regulatory support, capacity building, and by overcoming perceived investment barriers.
- International Solar Alliance (ISA) has announced Dr. Ajay Mathur as its new Director General.
- ISA – International Solar Alliance
- Headquarters- Haryana, India.
- Members- 121
- Director General – Upendra Tripathy
Former governor, Justice (Retd) M. Rama Jois passed away:
Noted jurist and former governor, Justice (Retd) M. Rama Jois passed away. He was suffering from age-related ailments and suffered a cardiac arrest. He was appointed as governor of Bihar and later Jharkhand by the NDA government in early 2000.
- He also wrote some books on various aspects of law including constitutional law.