Daily Current Affairs of 14, 15 February 2021
Here we have given the Today Important Current Affairs 14, 15 February 2021 PDF to prepare for the Competitive Exams (TNPSC, UPSC, SSC, RRB & Banking Exams). This Top Current Affairs will be prepared from Various Sources like PIB, The Hindu, Economic Times, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express & all government websites. Also here we provided the Important Events of the day.
Current Affairs is the Important Part to get a good score in the General Awareness Section. So Aspirants must know the current news for the Exam Preparation. In Our Blog, We have given the Latest Trending News about different Facts like International Current Affairs, National Current Affairs, Banking Current Affairs, Sports Current Affairs, etc. For those who want to get a government job, it will be useful for your Preparation. All The Best…
Remembering the martyrs of the Pulwama Attack:
The Nation was remembering the martyrs of the Pulwama attack who made the supreme sacrifice in the dastardly terrorist attack on the 14th of February in 2019.
- Forty Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) personnel were martyred when their convoy on the Jammu-Srinagar National Highway was attacked by a vehicle-borne suicide bomber at Lethpora in Pulwama district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Check more details about the important days for various competitive exam preparations by using the link given below
‘Pahela Phagun’ spring festival celebrated in Bangladesh:
The first day of the spring called ‘Pahela Phagun’ was celebrated in Dhaka. Young women wearing yellow saris and youth dressed in ‘Punjabis’ took part in the festivity. The programme featured dance and musical performances.
- Capital: Dhaka
- Currency: Bangladeshi Taka
- President: Mohammad Abdul Hamid
- Prime Minister: Sheikh Hasina
11th Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav:
11th Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav is being held between 14th to 28th February at Cooch Behar, Darjeeling and Murshidabad in West Bengal. The inaugural programme is going to take place this evening at Coochbehar.
- The RSM will be held from 22nd to 24th of February at Darjeeling and between 26 to 28th February in Murshidabad district of West Bengal.
- The myriad shades of Indian culture will be showcased through folk music, dance, live band performance and handicraft exhibition.
About West Bengal:
- Governor- Jagdeep Dhankhar
- CM- Mamata Banerjee
- Capital- Kolkata
About Ministry of Tourism & Culture:
- Secretary (Tourism) – Shri Arvind Singh
- Minister of State (IC) for Tourism & Culture- Shri Prahlad Singh Patel
HCL and IIT Kanpur signed agreement:
HCL Technologies said it has inked an agreement with the Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (IITK) to collaborate in the area of cyber security. HCL and IITK will bring in real world industry exposure to carry out joint initiatives and research.
- As part of the pact, the IT Company will work with C3iHub, a specialised cybersecurity research centre at IITK.
About HCL Technologies:
- Headquarters: Noida, Uttar Pradesh
- CEO: C Vijayakumar
PM hand over “Arjun main battle tank (MK-1A)” to the Indian Army:
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, hand over the indigenously designed and developed Arjun main battle tank (MK-1A) to the Indian Army.Arjun MK1A has been designed, developed and manufactured by Combat Vehicles Research and Development Establishment (CVRDE) Chennai, DRDO along with 15 academic institutions, eight labs and several MSMEs.
- The army had placed an order for 118 tanks.
Kerala CM launched the KFON:
Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan launched the KFON (Kerala Fibre Optic Network) in the state. KFON is a joint venture of Kerala State IT Infrastructure Limited and Kerala State Electricity Board.
- The project will leverage the infrastructure of the Kerala State Electricity Board by establishing a core ring, and a network operating center will be set up at Eranakulam.
- KFON is part of the Kerala government’s effort to provide a digital infrastructure in the state.
- Governor – Arif Mohammed Khan,
- Chief Minister – Pinarayi Vijayan
- Capital- Thiruvananthapuram
An online application launched first time through the MahaDBT portal:
An online application launched recently for the first time through the MahaDBT portal, which provides benefits of various schemes of the Department of Agriculture on a single application made by farmers.
- Minister of agriculture Dadaji Bhuse informed that 2 lakh farmers in the state have been selected through this application in a transparent manner.
- MAHADBT portal is an initiative taken by the government of Maharashtra which is a unique platform for farmers to help them to avail benefits of various schemes.
- CM- Uddhav Thackeray
- Capital- Mumbai
- Governor- Bhagat Singh Koshyari
Gujarat is the highest cotton producer State:
Telangana, Punjab and Odisha are three top States that have got maximum benefits of cotton procurement by the Cotton Corporation of India (CCI) during the current season 2020-21. Gujarat is the highest cotton producer State with the production of 90.5 lakh bales.
- Maharashtra, the second-highest producer, produced 86 lakh bales of which 17.45 lakh bales (20.29%) were procured.
- Capital- Gandhinagar
- CM- vijay rupani
- Governor- Acharya Devvrat
PM inaugurated the phase 1 extension of the Chennai Metro Rail and Others:
PM inaugurate the phase 1 extension of the Chennai Metro Rail, the fourth railway line between Chennai Beach and Attipattu, the railway electrification of single line section in Villupuram- Cuddalore- Mayiladuthurai and Tiruvarur.
- Modi also laid the foundation stone for the extension, renovation and modernisation of the Grand Anicut Canal System. Kallanai or the Grand Anicut is an ancient dam built on the Kaveri River
- It will improve irrigation facilities for 2.27 lakh acres of land in the delta districts.
- The Prime Minister lauded the farmers of Tamil Nadu for record food grain production and good use of water resources.
- Capital: Chennai
- CM: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
- Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
Gujarat has been the leading state in providing jobs under PMKVY:
Gujarat has been the leading state in providing jobs under the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY). More than 37 thousand 570 youths have been trained under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana 2.0 in the state.
- Women hold 63 percent share of total enrollment in the state.
- The state is also leading in the country under this scheme for having employed 30% of India’s total apprentices.
- Capital- Gandhinagar
- CM- vijay rupani
- Governor- Acharya Devvrat
MP opened India’s first modern fossil park:
A three-day “Mandu Festival” began at Mandu in historic town of Dhar district, Madhya Pradesh. State culture and tourism minister Usha Thakur inaugurated the mandu festival. Handicrafts related to handmade art are also being displayed in the Mandu Utsav to encourage vocal for local.
- Dino Adventure Park & Fossils Museum also inaugurated by state culture and tourism minister. State minister informed that the Dinosaur Park is the country’s first modern fossil park which has 24 eggs and other fossils of dinosaurs on display.
About Madhya Pradesh:
- Capital- Bhopal
- Governor- Incumbent Anandiben Patel (Additional Charge)
- CM- Shivraj Singh Chouhan
- Mandu Festival is celebrated in MP.
IIT Bombay launches ‘Cherish IIT Bombay 2021’:
IIT Bombay launched its first-ever annual fundraising campaign in India, Cherish IIT Bombay 2021. The funds will be used for the creation of world-class laboratory complexes, modernization of lecture halls and continuation of awards to attract and retain faculty.
- Donations made to IIT Bombay by corporate bodies and individuals are 100% tax-deductible under section 80G of the Indian Income Tax Act.
Ravichandran Ashwin becomes 1st bowler to dismiss left-handers 200 times in Tests:
Off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin has become the first player in the 143-year history of Test cricket to take 200 wickets against left-handed batsmen. Fast bowler Stuart Broad was the 200th left-hander to be dismissed by Ashwin.
LRSAM has been delivered to Indian Navy:
Final production batch of Long Range Surface to Air Missiles (LRSAM), designed and developed by DRDO in collaboration with various industry partners and integrated by BDL. LRSAM is jointly developed by DRDO and IAI Israel to equip latest ships of Indian Navy. This LRSAM Missile system can provide point and area defence against various aerial targets
- This weapon system has been successfully productionised and has been delivered to Indian Navy.
- Headquarters- New Delhi
- Chairman- Dr G. Satheesh Reddy
Union Minister of Railways flagged off Mau-Anand Vihar Biweekly Special train
Union Minister Shri Piyush Goyal flagged off Mau-Anand Vihar Biweekly Special train through video conferencing today along with other dignitaries present at the event. The train will connect Mau with National Capital & bring socio economic development in the Purvanchal region.Local industries in the region shall get the boost with improved connectivity.
26th Hunar Haat Event:
Union Ministry of Minority Affairs will be organising 26th “Hunar Haat” of indigenous artisans and craftsmen from across the country at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in New Delhi. This event will take place from 20th February 2021 which will be formally inaugurated by Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas Shri Dharmendra Pradhan on 21st February 2021.
- 26th “Hunar Haat” will be organised with the theme of “Vocal for Local”
About Ministry of Minority Affairs:
- Union Mister- Shri Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
- Minister of State – Shri Kiren Rijiju
SERB Women Excellence Award 2021:
Four young women fellows of National Science Academies have been awarded for excelling in science and engineering on the International Day of Women and Girls in Science 2021. SERB Women Excellence Award that has been conferred on them provides a grant of Rs. 15 lakhs for a period of three years to the awardees to pursue their research ideas.
- It is a one-time award given to women scientists below 40 years of age who have received recognition from any one or more of the National Academies such as Young Scientist Medal, Young Associateship,
- Shobhna Kapoor, Assistant Professor at Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
- Antara Banerjee, Scientist B National Institute For Research In Reproductive Health, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Sonu Gandhi Scientist D from National Institute Of Animal Biotechnology, Hyderabad
- Ritu Gupta, Assistant Professor at Indian Institute Of Technology Jodhpur, Rajasthan
- SERB – Science and Engineering Research Board
- Launched – 2013
Naman Ojha announced his retirement from Cricket:
Former India wicketkeeper-batsman Naman Ojha announced his retirement from all forms of cricket. He holds the record for the most dismissals by a wicketkeeper in the Ranji Trophy, has featured in one Test, one ODI and two T20 Internationals. He is from Madhya Pradesh and 37 years old
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|Online Classes||Click Here|