Daily Current Affairs of 12 February 2021
Here we have given the Today Important Current Affairs 12, February 2021 PDF to prepare for the Competitive Exams (TNPSC, UPSC, SSC, RRB & Banking Exams). This Top Current Affairs will be prepared from Various Sources like PIB, The Hindu, Economic Times, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express & all government websites. Also here we provided the Important Events of the day.
Current Affairs is the Important Part to get a good score in General Awareness Section. So Aspirants must know the current news for the Exam Preparation. In Our Blog, We have given the Latest Trending News about different Facts like International Current Affairs, National Current Affairs, Banking Current Affairs, Sports Current Affairs, etc. For those who want to get a government job, it will be useful for your Preparation. All The Best…
Darwin Day 2021
Darwin Day is celebrated around globally and particularly in U.K to commemorate Charles Darwin. Charles Darwin, the man who would come to be known as the father of natural selection was born on February 12, 1809. February 12 is also Abraham Lincoln’s Birthday.
Check more details about the important days for various competitive exam preparations by using the link given below
India-Australia Circular Economy (I-ACE) Hackathon, 2021:
Atal Innovation Mission, India and Australia’s national science agency (CSIRO) kick started the India-Australia Circular Economy (I-ACE) Hackathon, 2021. The concept of I-ACE joint Hackathon originated in the virtual bilateral summit between the India and the Australia, in 2020.
- I-ACE is supported by the Australian Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources (DISER), AIM Atal Incubation Centre network, and various domain experts.
- Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog, is the Government of India’s flagship initiative to promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship in the country.
- Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) is Australia’s national science agency and innovation catalys.
- Capital: Canberra
- Currency- Australian dollar
Department of Pharmaceuticals launched a PLI Scheme:
Department of Pharmaceuticals had launched a Production Linked Incentive (PLI) Scheme. This Scheme aims to Promote the Domestic Manufacturing of Medical Devices by ensuring a level playing field for the domestic manufacturers of medical devices with a total financial outlay of Rs.3,420 cr. for the period 2020-21 to 2027-28.
About Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers:
- Union Minister- Shri D.V. Sadananda Gowda
- Minister of State- Shri Mansukh L. Mandaviya
DIVYA-DRISHTI 2021 organised by CLAWS:
Indian Army National Seminar-cum-Webinar, named as “Divya-Drishti 2021” on Multi-Domain Operations: Future of Conflicts organised by Centre for Land Warfare Studies (CLAWS), on 11 February 2021.
- The proceedings of the seminar were conducted in three sessions.
- CLAWS-Centre for Land Warfare Studies
- Chief of the Naval Staff (India) – Admiral Karambir Singh
- Chiefs of Air Staff- Air Marshal Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria
- Chief of the Army Staff- General Manoj Mukund Naravane
- Chief of Defence Staff- Bipin Rawat
Delhi-Saharanpur-Dehradun Economic corridor:
Delhi-Saharanpur-Dehradun Economic corridor, work on which is underway, will reduce the distance between the two cities from 235 kilometres to 210 kilometres.This will be the country’s first highway where there will be a 12-kilometer long elevated corridor for protection of wildlife.
- It has been decided to execute the project under EPC mode.
- The development of this corridor is expected to boost the economy of the region being served by the highway, especially boosting the tourism in Uttarakhand.
Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways to be launch India’s first CNG Tractor:
India’s first-ever diesel Tractor, converted to CNG, will be formally launched by the Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways. Officials said it will help farmers increase their income, by lowering costs, and help to create job opportunities in rural India.
- It is a Clean Fuel as it has the lowest content of carbon and other pollutants. Overall emissions are reduced by 70% as compared to Diesel.
- It will help farmers to save up to 50% on the fuel cost as the current Diesel prices are Rs.77.43/L whereas CNG is only Rs.42/kg.
About Road Transport and Highways Ministry:
- Union Minister – Shri Nitin Jairam Gadkari
- Minister of State- General (Retd.) V.K. Singh
PURE EV set to launch its first electric motorcycle:
IIT Hyderabad-incubated startup PURE EV is set to launch its first electric motorcycle, ETRYST 350, wholly designed, developed and manufactured at Hyderabad. It has been designed and developed at PURE EV’s technical and manufacturing centre in Hyderabad.
- It delivers a top speed of 85 KMPH, offering on par ride experience with most Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) motorbikes.
- PURE EV is electric vehicle vertical of the startup PuREnergy which is incubated out of IIT Hyderabad and manufactures high-performance Lithium batteries.
2nd MARITIME INDIA SUMMIT- 2021:
24 partner countries will join and more than 400 Projects are set to be showcased in the 2nd edition of Maritime India Summit (MIS) 2021. This will be held virtually from 2nd March to 4th March. Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will inaugurate the Maritime India Summit-2021 on 2nd March.
- MIS 2021 will provide a unique platform which will have physical and virtual presence of prominent shipping and transport ministers/ dignitaries from across the world.
- The event is being organised by the Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways jointly with FICCI as Industrial Partner and EY as Knowledge Partner.
World Unani Day2021:
World Unani Day is observed on February 11 every year. It is celebrated on the birth anniversary of great Unani scholar and social reformer Hakim Ajmal Khan. He was the Unani medical educationist and founder of scientific research in the Unan.
- The Central Council for Research in Unani Medicine (CCRUM), Ministry of AYUSH, organized a hybrid virtual National Conference on Unani Medicine.
- The conference themed on ‘Unani Medicine: Opportunities and Challenges in times of COVID-19’was inaugurated by minister Shri Kiren Rijiju
Union Defence Minister inaugurated over 57 thousand water structures in MP:
Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh virtually inaugurated more than 57 thousand water structures constructed in MadhyaPradesh under ‘Jalabhishekam’ campaign from New Delhi.
- Union Minister Narendra Singh Tomar also attended the program virtually organised in the presence of Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chauhan at Bhopal.
- These water structures were created during covid era by linking the work with MNREGA scheme.
President opened annual “Udyanotsav” of Rashtrapati Bhavan:
Mughal Garden and Other Gardens of Rashtrapati Bhavan is opened for public viewing during Udyanotsav held every year between February and March.
President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, opened the annual “Udyanotsav” of Rashtrapati Bhavan on February 12, 2021.
Magh Mela Festival observed in Uttar Pradesh:
Magh Mela is being observed on the occasion of Mauni Amavasya in Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh. Magh Mela (Magha mela) is an annual festival with fairs held in the month of Magha near river banks and sacred tanks near Hindu temples.
- A large number of devotees are taking a holy dip at the confluence of Ganga, Yamuna and mythical Saraswati -Sangam along with confluences of many other rivers and ponds at several places in state.
About Uttar Pradesh:
- CM – Yogi Adityanath
- Governor- Anandiben Patel
- Capital- Lucknow
Maharashtra Chief Minister launch of three laboratory vans for COVID-19 testing:
Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray launch of three laboratory vans for COVID-19 testing and announced that, the mobile laboratories for COVID-19 testing will soon be made available across the state.
- Thackeray said these mobile laboratories can carry out 3,000 tests per day and reports would be available in 24 hours.
- The labs have been set up by Spice Health, a healthcare company founded by low cost carrier SpiceJet’s promoters in collaboration with the BMC.
Aditya Mittal appointed as CEO of ArcelorMittal:
Global steel giant ArcelorMittal announced the appointment of Aditya Mittal as its chief executive officer. Aditya Mittal is the chief financial officer (CFO) of the company.
- He will replace his father Lakshmi N Mittal,
- CEO: Lakshmi Mittal (Former)
- CEO: Aditya Mittal (Now)
- Founded- 2006
- Headquarters: Luxembourg, Luxembourg
Sanjeev Jaiswal was appointed as chairman of Kalyan-Dombivali Smart City Development Corporation:
Maharashtra government appointed additional municipal commissioner (City) Sanjeev Jaiswal as the chairman of Kalyan-Dombivali Smart City Development Corporation. Jaiswal will continue in his post as additional municipal commissioner in the BMC.
- He replaces UPS Madan because of he retired from the Indian Administrative Service and was replaced by Jaiswa.
Famous writer Lakshmi Rajaratnam passed away:
Famous Tamil writer Lakshmi Rajaratnam, who wrote various novels and historical short stories, passed away in Chennai yesterday due to ill health. She died at her 78 years.
- So far he has written over 1,500 short stories, more than 300 novels, more than 100 radio plays, 15 Chennai TV dramas, 3 mega TV series and more than 3,500 spiritual essays.
BOOKS & AUTHOR
“Mapping Love” by Ashwiny Iyer Tiwari:
Filmmaker Ashwiny Iyer Tiwari has turned as author with her first fiction novel, “Mapping Love”. This book will be published by Rupa Publications in May this year.
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|Online Classes||Click Here|