Daily Current Affairs 8th December 2022
Winter Session of Parliament – 2022
- The winter session of the National Assembly for the year 2022 will be held from December 7 – December 29, in which the Vice President Jagdeep Dhankar will participate as the Speaker of the rajya sabha for the first time.
- And the central government plans to introduce 16 new bills in 17 sessions in this winter session.
Multi state co operative bill amendment 2022
- The Union Home and Cooperation Minister Amit Shah introduced the Multi-State Co-operative Societies (Amendment) Bill, 2022 in the Lok Sabha on 6th Dec 2022
- This new amendment bill is to amend the Multi-State Co-operative societies Act 2002.
- Multi-State Co-operative societies Act 2002
- An Act to consolidate and amend the law relating to co-operative societies, with objects not confined to one State and serving the interests of members in more than one State.
“Supreme Court Mobile App 2.0” has been launched in the Supreme Court
- Supreme Court Chief Justice Chandrachud has launched “Supreme Court Mobile App 2.0” to know the details of pending cases in government departments.
- More features are added to this app and it is designed to be available for Apple/iOS users within a week.
- Advocates and legal officers of central government ministries can keep track of court proceedings through this app.
- Law Officers and Law Officers of Central Ministries can check the status of their cases, orders, judgments and pending cases through this app.”
Augmenting Coal Production to meet Growing Demand- Ministry of Coal
- Minister Pralhad Joshi said in the Lok Sabha On 7.12.2022: India is augmenting its coal production for meeting its increasing energy needs. Total coal consumption in India is yet to peak.
- The Economic Survey 2021-22 projects coal demand in the range of 1.3-1.5 billion tonnes by 2030 from the current level of about 1000 MT.
- It is projected that coal demand will continue to rise and may peak around 2040. Thus, despite thrust on renewable, coal is going to continue as a primary source of energy to meet the growing development needs of India,He replied in writing in the Lok Sabha.
The details of the number of coal mines that have been closed/ discontinued/ abandoned between 2014 – 2022, State-wise is as given below (Provisional):
|S No.||State||Number of Coal Mines|
Google has released the most searched words of year 2022
- The company has released the top 10 most searched words on Google in 2022.
|1.Wordle – Online word Game||6.World Cup|
|2.India vs England||7. India vs West Indies|
|3. Ukraine||8.iPhone 14|
|4. Queen Elizabeth||9. Jeffrey Dahmer –American serial Killer|
|5.India vs South Africa||10.Indian Premier League|
Admiral cup regatta 2022
- The 11th edition of the Admiral’s Cup Sailing Regatta got underway at the picturesque Ettikulam Bay near Ezhimla in the Kannur district, in Kerala. The Vice Admiral Puneet K Bahl, Commandant, of the Indian Naval Academy, inaugurated the exhibition.
- Sailing teams from 28 countries including two teams from India are participating in the championship.
- The sailing regatta, conducted using Laser Radial Sailing boats is aimed at building bridges with friendly foreign navies.
- It also provides an opportunity to showcase the world-class facilities at the Indian Naval Academy at Ezhimala.
The Chief Minister inaugurated 20 mobile vegetable stores in Tamil Nadu
- Chief Minister M.K.Stalin flagged off 20 mobile vegetable shops worth 40 lakh rupees for door-to-door sales on behalf of the Agriculture Department.
- The scheme has been implemented in the districts of Coimbatore, Tiruchirappalli, Chengalpattu, Tirupur and Salem to sell farm vegetables to consumers at their homes.
The Aam Aadmi Party has won majority seats in the Delhi Municipal Corporation elections
- Voting for 250 wards of the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) were held on the 4th December 2022.The counting of votes began at 8 am on December 7, 2022 in 42 centres.
- The Aam Aadmi Party, which dominated the last rounds in terms of numbers, has secured the required number of 126 to win.
World Bank upgrades Indian economy to 6.9 % for FY 2022 – 23
- The World Bank has upgraded its growth forecast for the Indian economy to 6.9 percent from its earlier estimate of 6.5 percent for the fiscal year 2022-23.
- Praising India’s economic resilience despite a challenging external environment, the World Bank noted that India’s economy is relatively insulated from global spillovers compared to other emerging markets.
The repo rate was raised by RBI
- The repo rate offered by the Reserve Bank to banks has been increased from 5.90 percent to 6.25 percent.
- Reserve Bank Governor Shaktikanta Das has said that the interest rate has been increased to control inflation and the interest rate has been increased for the 5th time within a year.
- Repo rate is the rate at which the central bank of a country lends money to commercial banks in the event of any shortfall of funds.
Chief Justice in charge of Jammu and Kashmir High Court was appointed
- After the retirement of the Chief Justice of the Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh High Court Ali Muhammad Magre, the President of India has appointed Tashi Rabstan as the interim Chief Justice of the High Court.
- Also he will serve as interim Chief Justice of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh High Court from 08.12.2022.
- The Ministry of Law and Justice said that “In exercise of the powers conferred by Article 223 of the Constitution of India, the Chief Justice of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh has been appointed as interim Chief Justice of the High Court of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh after retirement of the previous judge,”.
Mohammand Afzal appointed as a government nominee director in NHPC board
- NHPC’s board has appointed Mohammad Afzal as government nominee director from December 6, 2022.
- Afzal is now presently working as Joint Secretary (Transmission) in the Ministry of Power.
- NHPC – National Hydroelectric Power Corporation
300 years old Mesolithic sculptures were discovered
- On behalf of the Madurai Archaeological Research Society, in the research carried out in Villapuram and Chintamani areas of Madurai, 300 years old mid stone sculptures have been found.
- On the left side of the bridge connecting the Madurai South Gate-Villapuram area, there are male and female figures on the three feet high triangular slab stone on the road side.
- Similarly, on the left side of Madurai-Chintamani road, a mid-stone sculpture was found. The mid-stone is 2 feet high and long square slab stone with female and male figures seated in Sukasana.
India’s 77th Chess GrandMaster
- Participating in the ongoing Elopregat Open Chess Tournament in Spain, Aditya Mittal won the Grandmaster title when he drew with Spain’s No. 1 player Francisco Vallejo Ponce in the 6th round.
- Following this, Aditya Mittal (16) from Mumbai has become India’s 77th Chess GrandMaster.
- A chess player must first obtain favorable results (norm) in 3 matches of 9 rounds each to become a Grandmaster. And next, reach 2,500 elo points.
Best Para Badminton Player of the Year Award
- India’s Manisha Ramadoss has won the International Badminton Federation’s Para Badminton Player of the Year award 2022, the 17-year-old Manisha has won 16 medals including 11gold and 5 bronze in all competitions in the year 2022.
- The Best Para player in male category award was won by the 2022 Paralympic Champion Daiki Kajiwara of Japan.
World Championship Weightlifting Competition
- The World Weightlifting Championship is being held in Colombia, in which India’s Meerabai has won silver by lifting 200 kg.
- China’s Jiang won gold in the event by lifting 206 kg, while Tokyo Olympic champion Hu Zhihua won bronze by lifting 198 (89+109) kg.
|To Follow Our Instagram||Click Here|
|To Follow Our Twitter||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Our Facebook||Click Here|