Daily Current Affairs 27th September 2022
Shri Giriraj Singh to launch JALDOOT App
- Ministry of Rural Development has developed “JALDOOT App”,this app to launch by the Union Minister of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Giriraj Singh.
- This app is used to capture the water level of selected wells in a village.
- The country has taken various steps for improvement of water management as a part of it “JALDOOT App” to be launched.
- Representatives from all States/UTs also taking part in the programme through Video-Conferencing.
Prime Minister Modi said at the ‘Man Ki Baat’ event that Chandigarh Airport was named as Bhagat Singh airport!!!
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi said, an airport in Chandigarh will be named as freedom fighter Bhagat Singh airport”.
- Chandigarh Airport is being renamed as Shahkeet Bhagat Singh Airport after the birth anniversary of freedom fighter Bhagat Singh on 28th September.
- As we all move forward towards a new India we must remember the freedom fighters who fought for freedom.
Sanjai Kumar has taken charge as the Chairman &Managing Director of RailTel
- Sanjai Kumar newly appointed Chairman & Managing Director of RailTel Corporation of India Limited.
- He was currently working as director of networking, planning & marketing as director of networking, planning & marketing at the company.
- He has around 30 years of varying experience in railroad operations, project management, and marketing.
- He is an officer of the Indian Railway Service of Signal Engineers.
Giorgia Meloni becomes Italy’s first female Prime Minister!!!
- In Italy, Mario Draghi was appointed Prime Minister last year with the support of coalition parties.
- Due to poor economic conditions Mario Draghi abruptly steps down as Prime Minister following allegations .
- Elections to the Italian Parliament were again held based on the resignation of the Prime Minister.
- Right-wing leader Georgia Meloni’s has won more seats in the election.
- 45-year-old Meloni is set to take over as the Italy’s first female Prime Minister.
Barundu (Hawk) app will be introduced to track the rowdy and criminals
- Tamil Nadu Police will soon launch an app called ‘Barundu’ to track rowdy, historical record criminals and murder convicts who are out on bail.
- As of 2012, there were 16,502 raiders across Tamil Nadu. There were 3,175 raiders in the capital Chennai alone.
- Also, name of raiders, location, criminal cases, their associates, family background, are there any other raiders in his family,Various information including the number of times he has been going to jail has been uploaded and monitored on the Barundu app and also used to track pending cases.
UK Minister Suella Braverman wins Queen Elizabeth II ‘Woman of the Year Award
- Britain’s Indian-origin Home Secretary Suella Braverman has named winner of the first-ever Queen Elizabeth II Woman of the Year award.
- Suella Braverman is serving as the Home Secretary 6 September 2022.
- The Indian-origin minister, Suella’s parents received the award on her behalf during an event in London.
Bharathiar Award to be given again in South Africa!!!
- In Lenatia, south of Johannesburg, South Africa, the spiritual organization Shivjnana Sabha celebrates the month of September annually as the traditional month.
- Then, awards are given in the name of Mahakavi Subramania Bharatiyar.
- The award ceremony was interrupted for the last two years due to the spread of the Corona virus.
- This year, the awarding ceremony was held again. This time, a total of 22 individuals and charitable organizations were given awards for their outstanding service during the spread of the Corona virus. Ambulance service, doctors, pharmacists, hospital, etc. were given awards to various parties.
Retired Librarian from THE HINDU Chosen for Lifetime Achievement Award!!
- The person who excelled in the computerization of newspapers, The Lifetime Achievement Award will be presented at a national level seminar held at Thiruchengode KSR .
- Award for the present year- Mr. A. Sankaran, a retired librarian who worked as the Chief Librarian in the library of ‘The Hindu’ English newspaper, has been selected.
- Sankaran was working as the chief librarian in the Chennai office library of ‘The Hindu’ English newspaper.
- He was involved in the computerization (digital) of 20 lakh copies of English newspapers published from 1881 to 2002.
- The English newspaper ‘The Hindu’ was completely digitized for the first time in India. Librarian A. Sankaran, who has done this work well, will be selected for the ‘Lifetime Achievement award.
Jagdeep Dhankhar released a book titled “Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay – Jeevan Darshan Aur Samsamyikta”
- Jagdeep Dhankhar has released a book titled “Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay – Jeevan Darshan Aur Samsamyikta” held in New Delhi.
- The Vice President appreciated the efforts of the Chief Editor of the book, Dr Bajrang Lal Gupta and his team for coming out with these well-researched five volumes on one of the foremost leaders of modern India.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, former Union Minister Dr Murli Manohar Joshi and other dignitaries were among those attended the event.
Russian player Lutymila wins Pan Pacific Open WTA Women’s Tennis Championship!!!
- Russian player Lidymila Samsonova wins the ‘Champion’ title in Pan Pacific Open Women’s International Tennis Tournament.
- Tokyo, The 37th Pan Pacific Open Women’s International Tennis Tournament was held in Tokyo, Japan. In the singles final yesterday, Lidymila Samsonova (Russia) won the crown by defeating Qinwen Cheng of China in straight sets 7-5, 7-5.
- The match lasted for 2 hours and 6 minutes. Samsonova was awarded Rs 95 lakh and 2nd runner-up Qinwen Cheng received Rs 59 lakh as prize money.
- The 23-year-old Samsonova has won 4 international titles so far. With this win, he has moved up to the 20th position in the new ranking list.
Russian player Alexandra won the ‘Champion’ title in Korea Open Tennis Tournament !!!
- Russian player Alexandrova won the final match of the Korea Open tennis tournament and won the Champion title.
- The Korea Open Women’s International Tennis Tournament was held in Seoul on 25/09/2022.
- Ekaterina Alexandrova of Russia defeated former champion Jelena Ostapenko (Latvia) in straight sets 7-6 (7-4), 6-0 in the singles final.
- She Won her 3rd international award as Korea Open Tennis Championship, and also awarded as a cash prize of Rs.27 lakhs.
This year indian cricket team acheives a World record for most wins in T20 !!!
- The Australian cricket team was playing a 3-matches of 20-over series in India
- With the T20 series currently tied at 1-1, the 3rd and final 20-over cricket match between the two teams was played on Sunday.
- In this match Australia scored 186 runs for the loss of 7 wickets at the end of 20 overs.
- The Indian team then fielded and won the series by 6 wickets.
- By winning this T20 tournament, India has set a world record for winning the most T20 matches in the current year.
Jhulan Goswami, Indian women’s cricket player announced her retired!!!
- Indian fast bowler Jhulan Goswami has retired from international women’s cricket.
- Indian cricketer Jhulan Goswami retired from international cricket with the third ODI against England.
- Jhulan Goswami (age 39), who made his ODI debut against England Women in Chennai on 6 January 2002, scored 44 wickets and 291 runs in 12 Tests, 255 wickets and 1228 runs in 204 ODIs, 56 wickets and 405 runs in 68 T20Is.
- Jhulan has won the ICC Player of the Year Award 2007, Arjunan Award (2010) and Padma Shri Awards (2012).
- Jhulan also became the first cricketer to bowl 10,000 balls in the history of women’s ODI cricket.
World tourism day
- World tourism day is observed every year on the 27th of September.
- World tourism day was chosen by United Nations World Tourism Organisation on 27 September 1970, since then world tourism day was observed on 27th of September.
- This day is observed to foster awareness among the international community of the importance of tourism and its social, cultural, political and economic value.
- Tourism plays an important role in promoting a nation’s economy and building its image, brand value and identity.
- The theme of world tourism day 2022 is “Rethinking Tourism”.
World Contraception Day
- World Contraception Day is marked on September 26.
- This day is observed to focus on creating awareness about contraceptive knowledge and family planning.
- World Contraception Day has become an important event to highlight the need for population control.
- The first-ever World Contraception Day was observed on September 26 in 2007.
International Day for the Total Elimination of Nuclear Weapons
- United Nations observes 26th September every year as International Day for the Total Elimination of Nuclear Weapons.
- The day aims to enhance public awareness about the threat posed to humanity by nuclear weapons and the necessity for their total elimination.
- In December 2013 United Nations declared September 26 as the International Day for the Total Elimination of Nuclear Weapon.
- The significance of this day reminds people of the dangers of nuclear weapons and urges world governments to cooperate and bring about a permanent and complete nuclear disarmament.
|To Follow Our Instagram||Click Here|
|To Follow Our Twitter||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Our Facebook||Click Here|